Walt Disney World is the most magical at Christmas! But where should you eat? If you’re vacationing for the holidays sharing a cozy family meal adds a sense of comfort and joy during the busy Christmas season. But where can you find the Best Restaurants for Christmas at Walt Disney World? We’ve rounded up what we consider the best restaurants to eat at Walt Disney World during Christmastime. Let’s eat, shall we?!
Walt Disney World Restaurants for Christmas
If you’re lucky enough to be at Walt Disney World for the holiday season, then you’re in for a real treat! Christmas at Walt Disney World is truly magical. There are so many special activities and offerings, and the food is no exception. In addition to the Festival of Holidays at Epcot, there are a few restaurants we know will get you in the holiday spirit! Here are some of our favorites!
Best Restaurants at Walt Disney World for Christmas
Keep in mind, “Christmas” at Walt Disney World is generally shortly after Halloween. Most holiday offerings start right around the second week of November, and even then, sometimes sooner than that. So when we refer to Christmas here, we are referring to Christmastime, rather than Christmas Day. If you’re traveling during the holiday season, here are some of our top picks for restaurants at Walt Disney World for Christmas.
Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom
Liberty Tree Tavern is always a favorite of ours! Have you tried the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake? Because if you haven’t, you’re missing out. In the past, we’ve actually made a reservation just for the cake. It’s really that good! Ok, enough about the cake. Liberty Tree Tavern offers a traditional Thanksgiving meal all year round, but we think it’s especially perfect for Christmastime at Walt Disney World. Food is served all you care to enjoy, family-style. The food is brought right to your table and you can have as much or as little as you like. They also offer a plant-based option, which is great if you prefer that. See the full menu here.
Hollywood and Vine at Hollywood Studios
Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine is perfect for those of you who love a character meal! With Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy all dressed up for the holidays, Hollywood and Vine is now served Prix-Fixe. In the past as a buffet, Hollywood and Dine was really just not the best, but we’ve heard great things about the new menu!
Character meals at Walt Disney World are known for being pretty pricey, so plan to spend $55 per adult and $36 per child. And keep in mind, character meals at Disney are still socially distanced, so you can’t get autographs or hugs just yet, but each guest will get a signed card and you can take pictures from a short distance. See the full menu here.
Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs
With the expansion of Disney Springs, Earl of Sandwich has gotten much less busy over time. Which is a great thing because they used to have the longest waits! And although this may not be the first thing you think of when you think of holiday dining, hear us out. Earl of Sandwich serves a holiday sandwich, which is basically Thanksgiving on a sandwich. With turkey, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, this sandwich is still one of the best sandwiches you can find at Walt Disney World. And if you’re short on time, or just not a fan of table service restaurants, you can still enjoy the flavors of the season in this sandwich. And you can even mobile order here! Always a plus to us.
And while you’re there, be sure to check out the Christmas Tree Stroll at Disney Springs! It’s always one of our favorite holiday offerings at Walt Disney World.
50’s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios
50’s Prime Time Cafe is definitely its own flavor and lends to the fun kitschy Christmas Decorations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And while its quirkiness may not be for everyone, we do think it shines a little brighter at Christmastime. The menu doesn’t change; which is actually a good thing since most of the food here is comfort food, perfect for the few cooler months at Walt Disney World.
Not only does the food just remind us of the holiday season, but 50’s Prime Time Cafe also gets a little makeover during the holidays! Dressed up to match the kitschy retro theme of Hollywood Studios, tinsel and fun holiday decor add some festivity to this restaurant. See the full menu here.
Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Whispering Canyon Cafe is located in the cozy Wilderness Lodge which is often considered one of the best resorts to visit at Walt Disney World during Christmas. Not only are they located in a cozy, festive environment, but the shenanigans of their staff is sure to remind you of that nutty relative we see only at Christmas. Whispering Canyon cafe serves hearty, family-style skillets that are all you care to enjoy. This is another meal we like to take advantage of during cooler months. And if you’re there at the right time, you may even get to see the Christmas Gingerbread Log Cabin Display in the Wilderness Lodge lobby!
We also love that Whispering Canyon Cafe gives you the perfect excuse to leave the Parks and slow down a little bit. See the full menu here.
Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest has really fallen in our ranking of restaurants in recent years due to changes in menus and prices. But it still remains one of the best in terms of ambiance. Especially at Christmas. With the gentle snow falling at the windows in the ballroom, garlands from the balconies, and a Christmas tree complete with Beauty and the Beast-themed ornaments, we think this may be one of the prettiest restaurants to visit during the holidays. See the full menu here.
Walt Disney World Restaurants for Christmas Day
If you’re brave enough to visit Walt Disney World among the Disney Holiday Crowds on Christmas week, then you deserve a wonderful Christmas Day Dinner at Walt Disney World to get you through it. Luckily, many restaurants across the parks and resorts offer something special. From special performances to snacks to festive additions to the Disney Restaurant Menus, you’re sure to enjoy the big day at Walt Disney World.
Where can I find Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day at Walt Disney World?
We’ll be sharing specialty Christmas Day Menus for Walt Disney World Resort as soon as they’re announced. This is what we know so far for 2021.
Disney’s All-Stars Resorts
- Christmas Dinner – Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, and cranberry relish with choice of apple or pumpkin tart (available Dec. 25)
Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Roast Rib Eye – Roast rib eye with jus lie, Tunisian mashed potatoes, green beans with apricot-cranberry butter, and mushroom conserva (available Dec. 25)
Trattoria Al Forno
- Mickey Eggs-in-a-Basket – Egg-filled butter brioche and classic pastrami hash with choice of ham, bacon, or sausage (available Dec. 19-31)
- Oak-grilled Char-crusted Ribeye – Amarone butter, truffle gnocchi, and balsamic-pancetta Brussel sprouts (available Dec. 19-31)
- Chocolate Cherry Bombe – Chocolate crunch mousse on a fudgy brownie base with cherry filling and amaretto panna cotta (available Dec. 19-31)
Be sure to check out the full list of Christmas snacks at Walt Disney World, which are available through the season, and make a great last-minute way to get some extra holiday magic into your Disney day!
Walt Disney Restaurants for Thanksgiving
And if you’re visiting on Thanksgiving Day, there are a few special menus to help you celebrate that holiday too.
Where can I find a Thanksgiving Dinner at Walt Disney World?
Apart from Liberty Tree Tavern, where you can get Thanksgiving Dinner year-round, several other Walt Disney World Restaurants bring special Thanksgiving Menus at Walt Disney World to the forefront for the season. With specialty turkeys, stuffing, and luscious fall desserts, here are a few restaurants you can visit for a limited time. In addition to these festive options here, remember that Thanksgiving Dinner can also be found at select resort food courts!
Satul’i Canteen at Animal Kingdom
- Thanksgiving Bowl – Cornbread stuffing, sliced roasted turkey, cranberry boba pearls, gravy, and slaw (available Nov. 25)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse – Pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate “dirt,” and cranberry boba pearls (available Nov. 25-28)
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Mousse – Peppermint cream cheese mousse & sauce, peppermint candy pieces, and chocolate “dirt” (available Dec. 1-30)
Tiffin’s Restaurant at Animal Kingdom
- Thanksgiving Plate – Turkey roulade, fine-herbs whipped potatoes, maple-glazed carrots, sweet potato pave, wild mushrooms, green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, cranberry gel, and turkey gravy (available Nov. 25)
- Roasted Squash Soup – Ginger-pear chutney, pickled jalapeño, chai-spiced and candied pistachios (available Nov. 25)
- Apple Pie Cheesecake – Whipped caramel cheesecake, apple pie compote, white chocolate streusel, and cranberry sauce (available Nov. 25)
- Horchata Mousse Snow Globe – Golden coffee crémeux, gingerbread sable cookie, coriander chantilly, elderflower meringue, bourbon caramel, and candied pecans (available Dec. 25)
- Pork T-Bone – Apple-brined pork, sweet potato variations, boniato mash, and ginger-pear butter (available Dec. 25)
Trattoria Al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk
- Thanksgiving Sage & Thyme Oven-Roasted Turkey – Cornbread and sausage stuffing, sour cream-mashed Yukon gold potatoes, green beans and rainbow carrots with herb butter, cranberry citrus compote, pan gravy, and Parker House Rolls (available Nov. 25)
- Apple Crostata – Vanilla bean gelato, candied pecans, and caramel sauce (available Nov. 25)
Three Bridges at Coronado Resort
Turkey “a la Plancha” – Plancha-seared turkey breast, aged sherry-sage gravy, cranberry-apple chutney, and scallion biscuit with a choice of two sides: pomme purée, sweet potato gratin, elote, roasted cauliflower, magdelana dressing, or Brussel sprouts
Toledo Tapas Steak and Seafood at Coronado Resort
- Turkey Roulade – Magdalena dressing, pomme purée, glazed carrots, Brussel sprouts, cranberry relish, and turkey gravy (available Nov. 25)
- Mulled Wine Pear Mousse – Orange chiffon, candied apples, almond-leaf tuille, and almond crunch (available Nov. 25)
Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Pumpkin Mousse – Pumpkin cheesecake, hazelnut chocolate sponge, pistachio crumble and cherry compote (available through Nov. 27)
- Black Heritage Turkey – Sous vide turkey breast, turkey leg roulade, sourdough stuffing torchon, sweet potato casserole with spiced marshmallows, potato purée, roasted gravy, cranberry marmalade, haricot vert amandine, and roasted rainbow carrots (available Nov. 25)
- Caramel Milk Chocolate Mousse – Chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake, chocolate crumble, and chantilly cream (available Nov. 28-Jan. 1)
Tusker House Restaurant
- Thanksgiving Dinner – Spit-roasted turkey, turkey gravy, mashed red potatoes, and focaccia bread dressing along with seasonal vegetables, pork loin, flank steak, and an assortment of desserts (available Nov. 25)
Do you have any favorite restaurants for Christmas at Walt Disney World? We’d love to hear your top picks!