Are you celebrating Mother’s Day at Walt Disney World this year? If so, there is much to look forward to! From special menus to experiences that Moms would love, here are the fun things for Mom at Disney, to celebrate her special day.
Mother’s Day is all about flowers, fancy drinks, and time spent together. Chances are you’ve already nailed down those Disney Mother’s Day Gifts for Mom and want to do something even more wonderful. Thankfully, if you’ve chosen to add visiting the most magical place on earth to your plans, then Walt Disney World offers loads of choices. Celebrating Mother’s Day at Walt Disney World can be made extra special with just a few small additions to your trip. From ordering flowers for the room to a special meal to browsing the gardens at EPCOT, here are all the things to help make your Disney Mom feel extra special.
- 1 Surprise Mom with Flowers at the Resort
- 2 Mother’s Day Brunch at Walt Disney World
- 3 Have a Mommy and Me Disney Trip
- 4 Self-Guided Tea Garden Tour at EPCOT
- 5 Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
- 6 Plan a Disney Resort Day
- 7 Take a Disney Carriage Ride
- 8 Head to Fantasia Gardens for Miniature Golf
- 9 Mother’s Day Snacks at Walt Disney World
- 10 Mother’s Day Snacks at Walt Disney World
Surprise Mom with Flowers at the Resort
Disney Floral and Gifts is Walt Disney World’s on-site florist and routinely has magical gifts that can be sent to your resort room. Why not order Mom a special gift of flowers? Some gifts come with mugs, stuffed animals, or snacks. and it’s the perfect solution if you’re traveling and unable to keep flowers fresh or hidden.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Walt Disney World
A few restaurants at Walt Disney World offer special brunches for Mother’s Day, complete with unique menus of everything moms love. But of course, if you’re just looking for a great brunch be sure to check out our Best Brunches at Disney World post for all our favorite places!
If you’re heading to a Disney Resort offering brunch, you can simply make a reservation, by calling, on the website, or in the My Disney Experience app. Guests with reservations are allowed to park in the resort parking lot for free for up to 3 hours with a valid resort restaurant reservation. Or if you’re staying on the property you can simply take a bus to any of these resorts from the parks, or Disney Springs.
Steakhouse 71 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Celebrating Mother’s Day (May 14, 2023), Steakhouse 71 offers up a specialty brunch for the spring season. Mother’s Day Brunch at Steakhouse 71 is Served from 7:30 am -11:am. Check out the Steakhouse 71 Brunch Menu; highlights from this special menu include
- Walt’s Prime Rib Hash
- Seared prime rib, fried potatoes, caramelized onions, and peppers topped with a fried egg
- Floridian Eggs Benedict
- Two poached eggs and a crab cake with hollandaise atop toasted English muffins served with breakfast potatoes
- Bacon & Eggs
- Maple-lacquered pork belly, smoked cheese grits, and a perfect egg
- French Onion Soup
- Rich beef broth, crouton, gratinée cheese
- Hummingbird Bread Pudding
- Brunch-exclusive Hummingbird Bread Pudding featuring pineapple, banana, and coconut bread pudding with candied pecans, salted caramel, and cream cheese ice cream
Olivia’s Cafe at Old Key West Resort
Brunch at Olivia’s Cafe is served from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and offers up a slew of down-home cooking. Cozy casual you can get everything from grits to hash to banana bread pudding here for your morning meal. If you’re looking for something laid back and breezy, then check out Olivia’s Cafe Brunch Menu.
Ale and Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club
If you’re looking for amazing food, amazing service, and the easy life on the Disney BoardWalk, then head to Brunch at Ale and Compass. Located in Disney’s Yacht Club, this restaurant is fancy AND budget-friendly. Absolutely one of our favorite Disney Restaurants, brunch is served 7:30 am- 11:00 am. Check out the Ale and Compass Brunch Menu.
Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Mother’s Day at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is sure to be a rollicking good time! If your Disney Mom is a little on the wild west side and loves a good loud morning, then check out the Whispering Canyon Cafe Brunch Menu. Complete with all-you-care-to-enjoy skillets, this brunch is great for the whole family. Brunch is served 7:30 am- 11:25 am.
Mother’s Day Luau at Morimoto Asia
Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs hosts its annual luau on May 14 at noon, featuring all the delicious food, excitement, and festivities of a traditional Hawaiian party. Be immersed in Asian-Pacific culture with a Hawaiian-inspired poke and sushi bar, Kahuku Food Trucks’ famous garlic shrimp, Morimoto-style baby ribs, a whole roasted pig, and an assortment of desserts. Plus, enjoy performances by a live band and hula dancers, and a strolling ukulele player will be there to serenade mothers on their special day. Add a variety of tropical cocktails for an upcharge. Tickets are required for the Mother’s Day Luau at Morimoto Asia.
Maria and Enzo’s at Disney Springs
Maria & Enzo’s will be open on Mother’s Day, serving its Sicilian cuisine-inspired brunch menu from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Guests can enjoy family favorites like the Crunch Toast, a cornflake-crusted brioche with Nutella mascarpone and strawberry compote, plus the Spaghetti Carbonara Americana, featuring thick-cut spaghetti imported from Italy with applewood bacon and a soft poached egg on top. Signature craft cocktails and bottomless mimosas or bellinis are also available. See the menu.
Brunch at Jaleo Disney Springs
Jaleo Disney Springs welcomes guests to explore, discover and share the vibrant spirit and flavors of Spain with its brunch menu, featuring signature dishes, like Tortitas de Aceite de Oliva — olive oil pancakes with house-made blueberry compote and Florida honey — and Carne Asada con Huevo Frito — grilled flat iron steak with fried egg, potatoes, and mojo verde. Dishes can be paired with a variety of cocktails, wines or Spanish sangrias from Jaleo’s extensive beverage menu. See the menu.
Have a Mommy and Me Disney Trip
If you’re headed to Walt Disney World for the holiday, then take some tips from our Mommy and Me Disney World Vacation post. From the best rides to high tea and more, there is plenty to do to make your day special. Even where you stay on this trip during Mother’s Day could make all the difference. Especially if the whole family is going and mom just wants some low-key time.
Self-Guided Tea Garden Tour at EPCOT
As part of the Flower and Garden Festival, the UK section of EPCOT gets dressed up for high tea! Here you’ll find tea plants growing throughout the gardens. Simply grab the Self-Guided Tea Garden Tour brochure from the desk in the Tea Shop, and let mom wander. Once she’s spotted all the teas on the list, she can bring the brochure back to the tea shop for a special gift. We love this activity for the tea enthusiast, but also because everything here smells so fantastic. Far enough removed from the crowds, its the only place in EPCOT park where you can really find some calm, peace, and relaxation.
Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
If you’re heading to Walt Disney World for Mother’s Day, you couldn’t ask for a better time! Because EPCOT Park pulls out all the stops this time of year with the Flower and Garden Festival. Complete with Disney topiaries and specialty gardens to get her gardening ideas going, there is plenty to see at this festival. It’s also a great time to try out new foods and fancy drinks.
Plan a Disney Resort Day
If you’re looking to give mom something extra special during your harried Disney World Vacation, consider giving your Disney Mom a day off! Spending time by the pool, grabbing coffees or drinks, and browsing the resort gift shop may be just what she needs! Get out of the crowds and consider the ease of just staying at the resort instead!
- Plan an easy breakfast and lunch from the resort commissary, and grab a refillable resort mug so she can top off her drinks all day.
- Pool Time can be great for rowdy kids and a mom who just needs to relax.
- Surry Bikes and Walking Paths are available at select resorts and can add some memories during your stay.
- Dinner at the Resort is easy if you’re staying at a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resort, as most have table service restaurants on the property. We LOVE Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and Ohana at the Polynesian Village Resort for family fun and a great menu.
Take a Disney Carriage Ride
That’s right, Walt Disney World has carriage rides! You can grab a horse-drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds and at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Each carriage ride is about 25 minutes. Both bring you around the resort, in a leisurely fashion, allowing Mom to just relax and enjoy the sights. These are typically $55 per ride experience, seating either 2 adults and 3 children, or 4 adults.
Head to Fantasia Gardens for Miniature Golf
If you’re looking for something active, but that won’t take up too much time, you can head to Disney’s Miniature Golf Courses. Fantasia Gardens is just across the parking lot of the Swan Reserve Hotel. And offers gameplay for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. This is a slow-paced way to have some fun, keep the kids occupied and really enjoy the day. You can even grab a Mickey bar from the freezer on your way out. Or head to the Cafe in the Swan Reserve Lobby for coffee, light sandwiches, and treats. This course is also just within walking distance of Disney’s BoardWalk. This means you could add beach time, and a nice dinner at Trattoria al Forno to your plans, without ever buying a park ticket!
Mother’s Day Snacks at Walt Disney World
Of course, if you’re already showering mom with all the gifts of a day at Disney, maybe you just need something small, like a Disney snack, to add more magic to the day. You can find Disney Mother’s Day Snacks at the parks and select resorts! New in the parks and resorts are specialty dishes at certain restaurants and SNACKS! Here is the lineup of all the snacks, you can grab at kiosks, and Resort commissaries during your Mother’s Day Disney World Vacation.
Mother’s Day Snacks at Walt Disney World
Dark Chocolate-dipped Strawberries | Animal Kingdom Lodge The Mara
- Dark Chocolate-dipped Strawberries (New) (Available May 7 through 14; mobile order available)
Mother’s Day Cookie Bouquet | Beach Club Resort Marketplace, Yacht Club Ale and Compass Marketplace
- Mother’s Day Cookie Bouquet: Vanilla cookies decorated with royal icing (New) (Available May 7 through 14; mobile order available)
Bouquet Shake | Beach Club Resort Beaches and Cream
- Bouquet Shake: Strawberry milkshake with strawberry purée topped with a flowery chocolate cake
Minnie Croissant Roll | BoardWalk Deli
- Minnie Croissant Roll: Croissant dough with raspberry marmalade. (Available through May 14) (New)
Chocolate Strawberry Tart | Disney’s Contemporary Resort Contempo Cafe
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart: Chocolate mousse tart topped with strawberry crémeux, strawberry balsamic compote, and an edible flower
Strawberry Shortcake Bar | Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Gasparilla Grill
- Strawberry Shortcake Bar: Strawberry cake pop enrobed in white chocolate and covered in strawberry rice croquant (Available through May 31) (New)
Strawberry-Passion Fruit Bar | Old Key West and Saratoga Springs Resorts
- Strawberry-Passion Fruit Bar: Cassis chiffon, passion fruit curd, strawberry mousse, and strawberry garnish. (Available May 7 through 14; mobile order available at The Artist’s Palette only) (New)
Mother’s Day Flowers DOLE Whip Float | Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Pineapple Lanai
- Mother’s Day Flowers DOLE Whip Float: DOLE Whip with Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red topped with shimmering edible flowers. (Available May 11 through 14) (New)
Aloha Mom! | Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Captain Cooks, Kona Island
- Aloha Mom!: DOLE Whip Pineapple crème puffs topped with coconut mousse, shaved coconut, and fondant décor. (Available May 7 through 14; mobile order available at Capt. Cook’s only) (New)
Pistachio-raspberry Éclair | Disney’s Riviera Resort Le Petit Cafe
- Pistachio-raspberry Éclair: Pistachio crémeux, raspberry gel, vanilla Chantilly, and fresh raspberries.(Available May 7 through 14) (New)
Mother’s Day Mimosa Pairing | Disney’s Riviera Resort Le Petit Cafe
- Mother’s Day Mimosa Pairing: Limoncello, Nino Franco Prosecco Rustico, and raspberry with the Pistachio-raspberry Éclair. (Available May 7 through 14) (New) (Both items also available separately)
Mother’s Day Cupcake | Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Roaring Fork Cafe
- Mother’s Day Cupcake: Raspberry swirl cupcake filled with raspberry custard and crispy pearls topped with lemon buttercream, chocolate, and fondant décor
Amorettes Patissierie | Disney Springs
- Mother’s Day Sweet Treat: White chocolate-dipped strawberries and a mixed berry macaron. (Available May 12 through 14) (New)
Rosa Regale & Ganache Square | The Ganachery
- Rosa Regale & Ganache Square: A glass of Rosa Regale and your choice of ganache square
Mother’s Day at Home
And if you’re celebrating Mother’s Day at home, we have even more things to add a little more Disney to your day. Check out our Mother’s Day Quotes post for fun printable pictures to share, and our Disney Mother’s Day post has a slew of ideas for celebrating your Disney Mom at home.
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.