One of our favorite things for Christmas at Magic Kingdom includes ogling the decorations, trying all the Disney snacks, and heading to the gift shops to see the new seasonal merchandise. We love Christmas. And as a result, wait for this season all year long. Of all the parks at Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom is best known for holiday fun. This year Christmas at Walt Disney World begins on November 9, 2023. With holiday festivities in all four parks, here’s what you can find if you’re visiting Magic Kingdom this holiday season.
Magic Kingdom Christmas decorations, events, and shows fill the air with seasonal fun this time of year. The Dapper Dans get dressed in their holiday best, Jingle Cruise adds presents and garlands, and New Christmas Treats at Disney can be found in every park. It’s the most wonderful time of year at the most magical place on Earth and you can feel it. Check out all the Christmas activities at Magic Kingdom to be had through the holidays.
- 1 Cinderella Castle Christmas Projections | at Dusk
- 2 Frozen Holiday Surprise | 6:15 pm
- 3 Main Street Philharmonic and Toy Soldiers March | 1:25 pm, 2:35 pm & 3:40 pm
- 4 Meet Santa Claus at Magic Kingdom | 10am- 5pm
- 5 Holiday Trolley with the Dapper Dans | Daily, Select Times
- 6 Jingle Cruise on the Jungle Cruise
- 7 The Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square
- 8 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party | Select Nights Nov 9- Dec 22, 2023
- 9 Christmas Snacks at Magic Kingdom
- 10 Christmas Week at Magic Kingdom | Starting December 23, 2023
- 11 Holiday Merchandise at Magic Kingdom
Cinderella Castle Christmas Projections | at Dusk
Throughout the holiday season, if you’re visiting Magic Kingdom you can plan to see the Cinderella Castle Christmas Projection Show. Featuring the regal colors of the holidays, fun Christmas designs, and more. Dressed to the nines, Cinderella Castle is even more ready to be in every one of your vacation photos this holiday season. With scenes of polka dots, patterned fair isle, and holiday imagery, the castle plays on a loop of displays about every 30 minutes, during the evening hours.
Frozen Holiday Surprise | 6:15 pm
Head to Cinderella’s Castle for the castle lighting! Part of the new show on the stage, featuring Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and the Snowgies! Check it out during regular park hours or at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. The Frozen Holiday Surprise show happens daily at 6:15 pm, and again during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party nights at 8:15 pm.
Main Street Philharmonic and Toy Soldiers March | 1:25 pm, 2:35 pm & 3:40 pm
A mainstay in the Magic Kingdom entertainment lineup, this marching band takes to Main Street USA for holiday tunes. Featuring festive marching songs, joined by reindeer, elves, and the Babes in Toyland Toy Soldiers, this is one of the best performances to watch in the park. Check out the Magic Kingdom Toy Soldiers as they join the Main Street Philharmonic marching through the park! Perfect to help you get in the holiday spirit. This march runs from Frontierland along the parade route down Main Street USA. And spans about 20 minutes.
Meet Santa Claus at Magic Kingdom | 10am- 5pm
You can meet Santa Claus himself at Liberty Square gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. Santa meets from 10am to 5pm daily, but check the My Disney Experience app the day you visit in case times change.
Holiday Trolley with the Dapper Dans | Daily, Select Times
The Main Street Transpiration system pulls out all the stops this holiday season to show off a decorated trolley, with special guests in tow. Check out the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet cruising down Main Street, U.S.A. on a horse-drawn trolley, singing all your favorite holiday tunes. The Dapper Dans perform around Main Street during these showtimes: 9:00 am, 9:50 am, 10:40am, 11:25 am, 1:15 pm, 2:00 pm and 3:40 pm
Jingle Cruise on the Jungle Cruise
One of our favorite rides, Jungle Cruise, gets a holiday overlay at Walt Disney World every year. With decorations scattered throughout this exotic cruise, you’ll also get a slew of new holiday stories. Jingle Cruise Skippers journeying home for the holidays share tales of holiday mayhem and family drama. Complete with a holiday lineup of pun-filled jokes.
The Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square
Magic Kingdom’s holiday shop, The Christmas Shoppe, is open year-round and features Christmas decorations, collectibles, and decorations. Be sure to stop by during the holidays to check out the latest seasonal decorations from Disney.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party | Select Nights Nov 9- Dec 22, 2023
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party happens only in Magic Kingdom and features the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, Mickey’s Mot Merriest Celebration, and Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show. This is an annual event. This party requires a special ticket and allows you access to the parks at 4 pm, ahead of the 7 pm party start time. A traditional event for families, this party features music, snacks, special entertainment, merchandise, and more.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Treats
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: A Beginner’s Guide
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Pros & Cons
When is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns on select nights from November 9- December 22, 2023. Check out the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Guide for details, costs, tickets and events.
- November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
- December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
Christmas Snacks at Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom offers a selection of holiday-inspired treats throughout the season, from festive cupcakes, to mousse, to ice creams and cookies, here are all the Christmas Snacks at Magic Kingdom for the holiday season.
Reindeer Chow Sundae | Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Reindeer Chow Sundae: Chocolate soft-serve, pretzels, cereal, M&M’S chocolate candies, and hot fudge (New) (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Minnie-shaped Cinnamon Roll | Main Street Bakery
- Minnie-shaped Cinnamon Roll: Cinnamon roll topped with red icing, holiday sprinkles, and a chocolate bow (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Peppermint Brownie Sundae | Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Peppermint Brownie Sundae: Peppermint ice cream, hot fudge, and candy cane sprinkles served on a brownie (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Cranberry Citrus Float | Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Cranberry Citrus Float with Orange-Vanilla Soft-serve Twist: Orange-vanilla soft-serve twist with Sprite Winter Spiced Cranberry and fruity boba pearls (Non-alcoholic beverage) (New) (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Red Velvet Wreath | Various Carts Throughout Main Street U.S.A.
- Red Velvet Wreath: Doughnut topped with buttercream and holiday sprinkles (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Hot Cocoa Churro | Various Carts Throughout Main Street U.S.A.
- Hot Cocoa Churro: Churro rolled in hot cocoa powder and topped with marshmallows and peppermint candy pieces (New) (Available during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and regular park hours)
Christmas Week at Magic Kingdom | Starting December 23, 2023
Beginning after the last day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you can see previously exclusive entertainment at Magic Kingdom for Christmas. This starts on December 23, 2023, this year. And includes some amazing holiday fun if you’re up for battling the Christmas crowds at Disney World.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: This holiday stage show featuring Mickey and Friends on the Cinderella Castle Stage is offered through Christmas Week. Before that date, it’s only available at the Christmas Party.
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show: The Christmas Fireworks at Magic Kingdom are typically only available at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. But, for Christmas Week, you can see these fireworks in the evening. Truly magical at Christmastime.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: While this parade is only available at MVMCP through the season, on Christmas Week you can see this parade daily at Magic Kingdom. Complete with Santa Claus and “Snow” on Main Street.
Holiday Merchandise at Magic Kingdom
Home to the Emporium gift shop, Magic Kingdom includes an array of exclusive seasonal merchandise. Grab gifts like apparel and accessories to home décor and kitchenware to plush, toys, and ornaments. If you’re staying home and want to add a little more Disney to your Christmas Holiday check out the shopDisney Holiday Shop at shopDisney.com.
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.