Christmas at Walt Disney World just got a whole lot merrier! A brand new Disney After Hours Event is on the way this holiday season!
UPDATE: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party has Returned to Magic Kingdom in 2022. As such we believe this After Hours to be canceled. But will keep this post updated if a holiday After Hours event arrives.
Christmas After Hours at Magic Kingdom
Here is a roundup of all the details we have so far about the newest Disney After Hours to arrive at Magic Kingdom.
Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours Dates 2022
When is Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours?
Disney’s Newest Christmas After Hours event dates has not yet been announced for 2022.
What time is Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours offered?
After Hours events begin after the park closes to regular hours, and will run 9 pm- 1 am. With park entry allowed at 7 pm.
Is a Magic Kingdom Park ticket or Park Pass Reservation Required?
No, a Disney Very Merriest After Hours ticket is required, but neither a park ticket or park pass reservation are required.
Is Capacity Limited at Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours?
Yes. This event is open to guests after regular park operating hours with low wait times on more than 20 open rides.
Tickets for Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours Party
When Can I Get Tickets for Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours?
Tickets will go on sale in late August. We’ll post it here as soon as it’s announced.
How Much will Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours Tickets cost?
( 2021 Prices) Tickets range from $169- $229 plus tax for select nights. And $249 a person plus tax for December 19-21. Annual Passholders and DVC members can take a $10 discount on select dates in November.
Very Merriest After Hours Entertainment
Along with complimentary snacks and low-wait access to rides, guests will be able to see. You can expect to find Disney characters throughout the park, holiday music, and more!
- “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” which debuted two years ago at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade”, a staple at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, this parade features Santa Clause, reindeer and elves.
- Holiday attraction Overlays are also making a comeback!
- The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise
- Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
- Reindeer Wranglers brings holiday hoedown to Frontierland with seasonal songs and festive fun.
- Disney Holiday Characters. Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
- Club Tinsel. Head to Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland Dance and boogie the night away at the themed Club Tinsel dance party.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories on Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage features elements from “Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”
What’s Included at Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours Event?
As part of this pricey event, ticket guests get a few excellent things to look forward to.
- Complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages throughout the evening.
- Less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion attraction, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain, and more.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Disney After Hours Very Merriest tickets get you into Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m.
- Disney PhotoPass will also be available to take your magical and festive shots throughout the night.
Disney’s After Hours Christmas Party at Walt Disney World
While this event is not Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, guests can still expect magic! With specialty snacks, decorations, and Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks, this party is a great way to ring in the holiday season.
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.