Halloween at Walt Disney World in 2020 runs from September 15- October 31st. Complete with new Halloween snacks, decor, and special experiences that can make a trip to Disney in the fall worth while. Sure, a Disney Halloween in 2020 this year may look a little different, but there is still a lot to look forward to. Here’s everything happening at Disney this Halloween.
- 1 What’s New for Halloween at Disney?
- 2 Disney Halloween 2020
- 3 Disney Characters Dressed Up for Halloween
- 4 Disney Halloween Costumes in 2020
- 5 Disney Halloween Snacks 2020
- 6 Disney Halloween Merchandise 2020
- 7 Disney Halloween Popcorn Buckets 2020
- 8 Disney Halloween Decorations
- 9 Halloween at Magic Kingdom
- 10 Halloween at Hollywood Studios
- 11 Things Not Happening at Disney for Halloween
What’s New for Halloween at Disney?
With Walt Disney World COVID-19 plans in place there are a lot of changes ahead. But thankfully that doesn’t mean our favorite time of year has to suffer! Here’s everything happening for Halloween at Walt Disney World.
What are the Disney Halloween Hours for Fall 2020?
Walt Disney World has reduced the hours across all four parks. Due to low crowd levels, and the need to accommodate lower staffing, these changes are necessary though may be temporary. Check out the What’s New for Christmas at Walt Disney World in 2020 for Disney Holiday Hours.
- Magic Kingdom – 9am to 6pm (previously 7pm)
- EPCOT – 11am to 7pm (previously 9pm)
- Hollywood Studios – 10am to 7pm (previously 8pm)
- Animal Kingdom – 8am to 5pm (previously 6pm)
Disney Halloween 2020
There is nothing quite Halloween at Walt Disney World. Take a look at our Halloween at Walt Disney World A Beginners Guide for details and tips. And read up on why we think that Disney in the Fall is simply the best time to visit!
When is Halloween at Magic Kingdom?
Halloween at all four Disney Parks at Walt Disney World runs from September 15- October 31, 2020.
Disney Characters Dressed Up for Halloween
One of the best parts of Halloween at Walt Disney World is seeing all our favorite characters in their Halloween costumes! Even if it’s a little farther away in 2020 than normal. With Pooh and Friends in their best “spooky” costumes and even Jack Skellington gets some time in the parks! And since character meet and greets aren’t happening this year, no 3 hour wait times! So that’s a bonus!
Will Disney Characters have Disney Halloween Costumes in 2020?
YES! We’ll get to see our favorite characters strolling the streets, on the character cavalcade and on the Main Street Trolley!
Disney Halloween Costumes in 2020
Are Disney Halloween costumes allowed in 2020? You bet! “For the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks. In addition, all guests are required to wear approved face coverings during their visit. Before you arrive, check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Guidelines.”
Disney Halloween Snacks 2020
Ok, guys. You knew this one would be at the top of our list, because we go crazy for seasonal snacks. Plan to see Pumpkin Spice cupcakes, new spooky cake pops, and candy corn dole whip. You can find Disney Fall Snacks in every park, resorts and Disney Springs. Check out all the new FALL Disney snacks for 2020.
Disney Halloween Merchandise 2020
So many Halloween things to buy! Another of our favorite reasons to visit Disney World in the Fall is the merchandise. We are chronic window shoppers and rarely buy these goodies, because airlines have luggage weight limits. But that doesn’t stop us from staring and wishing and wondering how much shipping it directly home would be. Thankfully shopDisney has Disney Halloween Merchandise to hold us over!
Disney Halloween Popcorn Buckets 2020
The Disney Fall Popcorn Buckets in the parks are available September 15- October 31, 2020 and available during open hours at ALL FOUR Parks! These are HOT items! So be sure to grab them when you see them, as they may not be around next time you stop by a cart.
Disney Fall Popcorn Buckets in Magic Kingdom
- Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes | Various Quick-Service Restaurants
- Jack Skellington Sipper | Various Quick-Service Restaurants
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket | Popcorn Carts
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket | Popcorn Carts
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket | Popcorn Carts
Disney Fall Popcorn Buckets in EPCOT
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket | Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket | Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket | Available at all EPCOT Popcorn Locations
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw | Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
Disney Fall Popcorn Buckets in Hollywood Studios
- Orange Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket | Anahiem Produce, Hollywood Popcorn, and Animation Popcorn
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw | Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, and Anaheim Produce
Disney Fall Popcorn Buckets in Animal Kingdom
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw | Tamu Tamu, Trek Snacks, Restaurantosaurus, TriloBites, and Ice Cream Carts
- Purple Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket | Trek Snacks
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket | Trek Snacks
Disney Halloween Decorations
So we’ve talked about the magic that can happen when it’s Autumn at Walt Disney World before. And this Mickey Pumpkin Wreath is the guy we look forward seeing every fall. You can spot fall garlands, wreaths, decorations and more all over the Disney Parks. We love to revel in the feelings of Fall even when it’s 90 in Florida. And if you’re looking for extra spooky, head to Haunted Mansion, were you will find extra cobwebs on everything and sometimes even more ghouls than usual!
Halloween at Magic Kingdom
The Cadaver Dans on Main Street USA
The Cadaver Dans ( aka The Dapper Dans in Halloween gear) arrive in Magic Kingdom on September 20th, bring extra spooky sounds to Main Street USA. And Disney characters along the parade route waving from afar! Plan to see Mickey Mouse and friends in Halloween costumes.
Disney Villains Halloween Character Cavalcade
And if you get lucky you may even see a Disney Villains Character Cavalcade for the season featuring Gaston, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts and Jafar. Plus Jack Skellington will also be making appearances sporadically throughout the season!
Halloween at Hollywood Studios
Minnie’s Halloween Dine arrives at Hollywood & Vine, starting September 25. Instead of buffet this meal is now served right at your table! Plus you’ll get distanced photos and interactions with Minnie herself! Dressed in her Halloween best as a happy witch. Mickey Mouse arrives as vampire, Goofy as a cowboy and Pluto even gets a Halloween Collar. This special meal is the perfect way to kick off the spooky season safely.
Things Not Happening at Disney for Halloween
And now we come to the part where we share everything you can’t do this season.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is Cancelled
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party will not be returning in 2020 due to the physical distancing restrictions in place for COVID. With the removal of the fireworks, Hocus Pocus Spelltacular, the Boo to You Parade and meet and greets, the party was doomed from the start. Similarly the Very Merry Christmas Party is also cancelled.
Plus Everything Else that has been cancelled this whole time
If you haven’t been keeping up on the blog, check out our How Planning a Disney Vacation is Different During COVID post. There still won’t be any fireworks, any indoor shows, any up-close character meet and greets, and any character meals with the exception of Minnie’s Halloween and Holiday Dine, and the Topolino Terrace Character Breakfast. You also won’t find any princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table due to the lack of princesses. As a result prices at Cinderella’s Royal Table have been reduced temporarily.
Disney Coronavirus Updates for Halloween 2020
To get a handle on all the changes at Walt Disney World for Fall 2020 due to the pandemic check out our Disney COVID FAQ posts below. Between face mask rules, resort changes, health and safety protocols and more, there is a ton that will affect your vacation.
- Walt Disney World COVID 19 Plans UPDATED September 2020
- Should You Visit Walt Disney World During the Pandemic?
- Changes at Walt Disney World in 2020
- 13 Helpful Tips for Enjoying Your Disney Vacation 2020
Halloween at Walt Disney World 2020.
Hopefully this has given you a good idea of everything you can look forward to for a magical Halloween at Walt Disney World. And be sure to check out all of our Halloween at Walt Disney World posts!