As Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure reopens for business, we’re daydreaming about all the things that we LOVE doing in the parks, so just had to share our Disneyland Bucket List. As Walt Disney’s very own passion project in 1955, Disneyland has tons of experiences that can help make your Disney vacation extra special. And with new experiences and lands like the Avengers Campus on the way, we’ll be adding to this list regularly. So be sure to save it!
Part of taking in a Disneyland Vacation is really taking a minute to realize that this amazing place all started as the dream of one man, Walt Disney. Interestingly enough you can even sit on the green park bench where Walt thought up this dream! While Disneyland is smaller and has a more theme park feel than Walt Disney World, it still requires planning. Be sure to check out the list of 15 Hotels Near Disneyland, to get close to the action.
- 1 Disneyland Original Attractions
- 2 Disneyland Main Street USA
- 3 Fantasyland
- 4 Tomorrowland
- 5 New Orleans Square
- 6 Adventureland
- 7 Take the Disneyland Mountain Challenge
- 8 Mickey’s Toon Town
- 9 Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- 10 Critter Country
- 11 The Best Disneyland Rides at Nighttime
- 12 Restaurants in Disneyland
- 13 Stay at the All the Disney Resorts
- 14 Disneyland Photo Bucket List
- 15 California Adventure
- 16 California Adventure Attractions at Night!
- 17 Visit Disneyland During the Holidays
- 18 Attend the Disneyland Anniversary Celebration
Disneyland Original Attractions
No Disneyland Bucket List would be complete without a list of original rides at Disneyland. Since Disneyland was built in 1955 a lot has changed! Favorite rides and experiences have come and gone and new things have grown up in their place. Luckily, there are still remnants of the Original Disneyland Park to be seen and experienced! Be sure to enjoy these things while they last! Here are all the original rides you can find in Disneyland Park.
- Autopia. Race your own car around the speedway in Tomorrowland.
- Jungle Cruise. Take an exotic cruise down the Amazon in Adventureland.
- Mark Twain Riverboat. Lay back and relax on this classic River Cruise in Frontierland.
- Mad Tea Party. Spin around with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit in larger-than-life teacups in Fantasyland.
- Casey Jr. Circus Train. The circus is in town with this train ride for kids. Found in Fantasyland.
- Main Street Cinema: Take a load off and relax with some classic Mickey cartoons in this theater on Main Street.
- Storybook Land Canal: Sail down the canal to spot classic homes and villages from your favorite Disney movies.
- Mr. Toads Wild Ride: Hang out with Mr. Toad and friends in their crazy car on all sorts of adventures in this classic ride.
- Peter Pans Flight. Head to Fantasyland for a sail through the nighttime sky off to Neverland.
- Disneyland Railroad: All aboard the Disneyland railroad circling the park featuring scenes from the Grand Canyon to the Dinosaurs! Be sure to catch them all.
- King Arthur Carrousel. Found in Fantasyland this carousel includes Walt Disney’s favorite horse, Jingles draped in jingle bells has an 18K gold saddle and was Jingle was dedicated to Dame Julie Andrews in 2008 for the 50th Anniversary of Mary Poppins.
Disneyland Main Street USA
Head to City Hall on Main Street USA to grab a Celebration Button for anything you may be celebrating.
Take the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Tour.
See if you can find Walt Disney’s Apartment above the Fire Station. Him and his family regularly used this space during their time in the park.
Visit the Opera House at Disneyland. This was the FIRST building built.
Check out Walt Disney’s Griffith Park Bench in The Opera House where he got the idea for Disneyland!
Browse the Disney Art in the Disney Gallery
Watch the “Magic Happens” Parade
Check out the interactive window displays outside of Disney’s Emporium.
Experience all the Main Street USA Transportation Company to offer!
- Ride the Fire Engine
- Grab a seat on the Omnibus 2nd floor
- Climb into one of the Horse-drawn Streetcars
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
Head to Main Street Cinema for a break and to watch old Mickey Cartoons
Experience the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough at Disneyland.
Be sure to visit the Snow White Grotto and the Seven Dwarfs Waterfall area on the path to Fantasyland. The coins dropped in this fountain are donated to children’s charities, to help give others wishes of their very own too.
Grab a Dole Whip from the Dole Whip Cart near Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – ride both the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland sides
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Mad Tea Party
- Alice in Wonderland
- It’s a Small World, originally as part of the 1964 World’s Fair.
- Visit Fantasy Faire and see if you can spot Figaro
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Peter Pan’s Flight
See if you can find remnants of the old Skyway stations in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
Heading towards Tomorrowland see if you can spot the old Peoplemover and Rocket Rods track.
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Tours — The Adventures Continue
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Astro Orbitors
- Grab a car and experience Autopia
- Take an undersea adventure in Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
New Orleans Square
Experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans Square.
Get a reservation at the exclusive Club 33 Restaurant.
- Be sure to spot the Hatbox Ghost on Haunted Mansion
Visit Haunted Mansion Holiday during Halloween and Christmas time when Jack Skellington and the whole Nightmare Before Christmas crew take over the ride.
Meet Maynard- Legendary Cast Member- usually found at the Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Splash Mountain, soon to be Tiana’s Princess and the Frog ride.
- Ride Indiana Jones Adventure
- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean. The last attraction Walt Disney worked on
- Enchanted Tiki Room ( The Original)
- Depart on the Jungle Cruise
- View the backside of water
- Climb around Tarzans Treehouse
- See if you can find Beauty and the Beast easter eggs
Take the Disneyland Mountain Challenge
Ride these rides all in one day! Be sure to use Lightning Lane if you’re hoping to tackle this challenge a little easier.
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain, soon to be a Princess and the Frog experience
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – ride both the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland sides
- Big Thunder Mountain
Mickey’s Toon Town
Toon Town Attractions
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Tour Donald’s Boat
- Meander through Chip n’ Dale’s Treehouse
- Head to Mickey’s House to Meet Mickey
- Meet him in his Steamboat Willie outfit
- Head to Minnie’s House
- Open the fridge to spy all the cheese!
- Make a cake rise and fall in the oven by turning the knob
- Take a turn at Minnie’s sweetheart-shaped computer
- Head to Goofy’s Playhouse and play the piano.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Grab a Boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance
- Ride Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run
- Build a Lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop
- Try a Blue Milk
- Try a Green Milk
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Grab a Ronto Wrap at Ronto Roasters
- Build a Droid at the Droid Depot
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Can you spot the reference to Country Bear Jamboree? Notice the heads of Max the deer, Melvin the Moose, and Buff the Buffalo right before you enter the Hunny Heaven room.
Splash Mountain, soon to be a Princess and the Frog experience
See how many Critter Country Houses you can spot in this land
The Best Disneyland Rides at Nighttime
We love the joys of a daytime visit to Disneyland Park, but taking some time on a cool summer evening is PERFECT as a way to see the park from a whole new perspective! Here are the Best Disneyland Attractions to Ride at Night!
Outdoor Rides and Attractions
- Jungle Cruise- Adventureland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train- Fantasyland
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant- Fantasyland
- King Arthur Carrousel- Fantasyland
- Mad Tea Party Teacups- Fantasyland
- Storybook Land Canal Boats- Fantasyland
- Matterhorn Bobsleds- Fantasyland
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- Frontierland
- Ride this at night when the fireworks are happening
- Gadget’s Go Coaster- Toontown
- Astro Orbitor- Tomorrowland
- Autopia- Tomorrowland
- Disneyland Railroad Main Street, New Orleans Square, Mickey’s Toontown and Tomorrowland
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes-Critter Country
- Mark Twain Riverboat Frontierland
- Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island Frontierland
- Sailing Ship Columbia Frontierland
- Tarzan’s Treehouse Adventureland
Restaurants in Disneyland
- Alien Pizza Planet- Grab a Pizza
- Carnation Café – Grilled Cheese, Chili, Cherry Shake and Fried Pickles
- Little Red Wagon- Hand-Dipped Corn Dog
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café- Order the Tomato and Mozarella Sandwich and House Potato Chips
- Grab a Matterhorn Macaroon at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe
- Market House- Grab your favorite Starbucks Drink
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor- Get your favorite flavor ice cream cone
- Refreshment Corner- Grab a Coca-Cola and Cream Cheese Filled Pretzel
- Maurice’s Treats- Grab a Twist
- Daisy’s Diner- Grab a seasonal treat
- Pluto’s Dog House- Grab a hot dog, of course!
- Clarabelle’s- Get a hand-dipped Ice Cream Bar
- The Golden Horseshoe- Try the Ice Cream Nachos
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante- Grab Nachos
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo- Try the Smoked Kaadu Ribs: Sticky Pork Ribs, Blueberry Corn Muffin, and Cabbage Slaw.
- Oga’s Cantina- Sip on the Dagobah Slug Slinger.
- Ronto Roasters- Try the Breakfast and Lunch Ronto Wraps
- Hungry Bear Restaurant- Visit for a dessert break and get Trixie’s Pie.
- Harbour Gallery- Try a bread bowl
- Café Orleans- Make Dinner Reservations and grab the Pomme Frites
- Mint Julep Bar- Grab Mickey-shaped Beignets for breakfast or a snack!
- Blue Bayou- Try the famous Monte Cristo sandwich
- French Market-
- Napa Rose- Dine at this signature restaurant in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Smokejumpers Grill- Grabe the S’more
- Cozy Cone Motel- Try the Chili con Queso Filled Cone and the Pear of Dice Soda
- Red Rose Tavern- Order the Grey Stuff Gateau
- Eat a Disneyland Churro available at any most carts
- Tiki Juice Bar- Try every flavor of Dole Whip
- Tropical Hideaway- Bao Buns
- Bengal Barbecue- Try the Safari Skewer
- Trader Sams- Get any Tiki Drink and the Panko-Crusted Long Beans
- The Snackin’ Place
- River Belle Terrace- Have a gourmet Breakfast
- Plaza Inn- Book the Minnie and Friends Breakfast in the Park
- Ship to Shore Marketplace- Start the day with a Breakfast Chimichanga
- Carthay circle- Snack on the House Biscuits
- Lamplight Lounge- Have a Brunch at Lamplight Lounge
- Critter Country Fruit Cart-
- Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums- Grab a Num Num cookie
- Pacific Wharf Cafe- Try the Sourdough Bread Bowl
- Eat at GCH Craftsman Grill at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- Troubadour Tavern- Snack on a Bavarian Pretzel
- Naples Ristorante e Bar- Grab a pizza
- Salt and Straw- Grab Ice Cream in a Waffle Cone in Downtown Disney
Stay at the All the Disney Resorts
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa is by far the most luxurious Disney Resort at Disneyland Resort and the most expensive.
Disneyland Hotel is a classic Disney Resort with monorail-themed water slides. Also a little pricey, check out our review of the Disneyland Hotel for all the details.
Paradise Pier Hotel is a seaside retreat featuring a scenic rooftop pool and views of the parks!
Disneyland Photo Bucket List
- Disneyland Entrance
- Walt and Mickey Partners Statue
- Snow White’s Grotto
- Sleeping Beauty Castle- Front
- Sleeping Beauty Castle – Back
- Sword and the Stone
- It’s a Small World Wall
- Roger Rabbit Fountain
- Toontown Gazebo
- Toontown Sign
Disney’s California Adventure is divided into 8 themed lands. Be sure to visit them all!
Stay late and watch World of Color
Buena Vista Street
- Head to Buena Vista Street – for a look at the 1920’s of Walt Disney’s early career
- Ride the Red Car Trolley
- Pixar Pal Around
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Toy Story Midway Mania
Paradise Gardens Park
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Golden Zephyr
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- The Bakery Tour
- Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar
- Grizzly River Run
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Soarin’ Over California
- Learn to draw at the Animation Academy
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Frozen- Live at the Hyperion
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- Experience Heroic Encounter: Captain Marvel and go on a mission!
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
Check out everything happening, menus, and rides at Avengers Campus at Disney’s California Adventure.
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission Breakout!
- WEB Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
- Ancient Sanctum
- Avengers Headquarters
- Avengers Quinjet Experience ( phase 2)
- Pym Test Kitchen
- Avengers Canteen Service
California Adventure Attractions at Night!
Outdoor Rides that are so much fun at night.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters- Cars Land
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree- Cars Land
- Grizzly River Run- Grizzly Peak
- Golden Zephyr- Paradise Gardens Park
- Goofy’s Sky school- Paradise Garden’s Park
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish- Paradise Gardens Park
- Silly Symphony Swings- Paradise Gardens Park
- Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind- Pixar Pier
- Incredicoaster- Pixar Pier
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel- Pixar Pier
- Pixar Pal-A-Round- Pixar Pier
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Grizzly Peak
Visit Disneyland During the Holidays
Visit Disneyland for Halloween
- Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Main Street Pumpkin Festival
- Grab a ticket for the Oogie Boogie Bash- A Disney Halloween Party
- Visit Radiator Screams in Cars Land
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Monsters After Dark
- Ride Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween
- Ride Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree
- Watch the Halloween Screams show
- Take Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour
Visit Disneyland at Christmastime
- Attend Viva Navidad!
- Visit during the Disneyland Festival of Holidays
- Visit It’s a Small World at Christmas to see the holiday overlay.
- Enjoy a Holiday Tea at the Disneyland Hotel
- Ride the Haunted Mansion featuring Jack Skellington
- See Santa at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Ride Mater’s Jingle Jamboree
- Have fun on Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl
- Watch a Christmas Fantasy Parade
- See the Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks
- Take the Holiday time at the Disneyland Hotel Tour
- See the Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting
- Stay late for the World of Color- Season of Light
Attend the Disneyland Anniversary Celebration
Visit Disneyland for the 70-year Platinum Anniversary in 2025. Disney anniversary celebrations usually last about 18 months! So thankfully you have plenty of time to experience the magic. Plan on seeing new snacks, specialty merchandise, new outfits for Mickey and Minnie, and more.
Disneyland Resort Bucket List
There you have it! Our Disneyland Bucket List. We’ll be adding to this post as things at Disneyland change and we learn even more amazing things to do, see and eat at Disneyland and California Adventure. Stay tuned! And let us know your favorite things to do at the Disneyland Resort. Grab this in a Disneyland printable checklist to print, or save it to your phone!
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.