We stand against racism. We stand for inclusion. We stand with people of color everywhere. With fellow creators, storytellers, and magic makers. We must stand up and speak out. And make an effort to consciously make changes. We have compiled a list of resources featuring Black Disney Creators and Black-Owned Companies to Support. We’ve also included some Anti-Racism Education Resources to help move humanity forward and into a better place.
“I don’t want your love and light if it doesn’t come with solidarity and action.”– Rachel Elizabeth Cargle
Here we are sharing fellow Disney-Inspired creators, designers, and business owners. Amazing men and women working with a little faith, trust, and pixie dust. We are so grateful to share these fellow Disney fans and their work here. Hopefully, you are as excited to share in their journey as we are.
SUPPORT BLACK DISNEY CREATORS
This is our lineup of Disney Creators focused on bringing more magic into every day. Loving Disney and sharing it with others. We share much Love and Gratitude for all the creators here. Check them out on Instagram.
SUPPORT BLACK DISNEY DESIGNERS, BLOGGERS & SHOP OWNERS
Black Disney Creators here share illustration, photography, blogs, shops, products and more. Read and Follow to meet these fellow Disney fans.
SUPPORT BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES
There are many black owned businesses to support when one looks for them, so we will only share a few resources here.
- 52 Black Owned Business to Support
- Black Owned Beauty Brands to Support, 65+ companies.
- Fenty Beauty
- Uoma Beauty
- The Lip Bar
- Mented Cosmetics
- The Honey Pot
SUPPORT BLACK LIVES MATTERS SAFELY ONLINE
If you’re looking for ways to support Black Lives Matter online, then it’s important to stay safe, and put certain safeguards in place to protect your identity. Be sure to check out this Guide to Safely Support Black Lives Matter Online.
SUPPORT BLACK MENTAL HEALTH
“Racism is a public health crisis.” Learn more about the Mental Health Issues Facing the Black Community.
Find support at Black Men Matter – Examining Mental Health Issues Among Black Men – A Guide To Freedom. This guide covers a variety of resources among the following topics.
- From The Origins Of Brutality, Captivity, And Barbarism
- Rates Of Mental Illness Among Black And African American Men
- Mental Health Treatment Barriers Facing Black And African American Men
- Mental Health Resources For Black And African American Men
SUPPORT BLACK FINANCIAL LITERACY
Learn more about closing the wealth gap with Financial Literacy resources here: annuity.org/financial-
SUPPORT BLACK EDUCATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Education Loan Finance is to help minority students interested in finding free money to help them earn a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math, we recently published a free guide highlighting a list of organizations that offer scholarships for Black students in STEM. https://www.elfi.com/
BLACK OWNED RESTAURANTS NEAR WALT DISNEY WORLD
When out and about in Orlando, Florida make an effort to seek out the restaurants below. All bursting with excellent cuisine, cultural flavors and baked goods.
- A La Cart Chicken Fire Food Truck
- Brick & Spoon Southern cusine
- Caribbean Sunshine Bakery Caribbean Baked Goods
- DaJen Eats Jamaican food
- Deva Cakes Cakes, cake pops, cake in a jar
- Donevette’s Confections Cookies, Cakes, desserts
- Edward’s Gourmet Confections and Fine Coffees Coffees, pastries, danishes and more.
- House of Chicken #NoHarmNoFowl plant-based chicken any way you like it
- Justins Caribbean Fusion Restaurant Caribbean
- Island Thyme Island flavors on a budget
- Jesse’s Rib Shack Seafood, chicken and ribs
- Karen’s Tasty Crabs tasty crabs and liquid marijuana shots
- Mad Crab Seafood & Wings Seafood and wings
- Mark’s Jamaican Bar & Grill Jamaican, dine-in, take out
- Mila’s Front Porch cupcakes, cookies and brownies, plus Keto-friendly options
- Negril’s Spice Cuisine Jamaican
- Nikki’s Place Soul food
- Nile Ethiopian Ethiopian food and vegetarian options
- Oley’s Restaurant, Catering and Events Barbecue, Caribbean and American cuisines
- P&D Soulfood Comfort food classics
- Seana’s Caribbean soul food
- Sister Honey’s Bakery Desserts and everything sweet.
- Soul Food FantasySoul Food
- Taste of Jamaica Authentic Island cuisine
- Wildmangoes Caribbean Restaurant Signature Jamaican dining
BLACK OWNED RESTAURANTS NEAR DISNEYLAND
If you’re hanging out in the O.C. make a stop at one of these black-owned restaurants near Disneyland in Orange County.
- AoSA Coffee Coffee, Tea, Acai Bowls
- Beale’s Texas BBQ Barbecue
- Cloud 9 Bakers Gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, dairy-free, soy-free, and wheat-free bakery
- Fork in the Road Catering Catering company
- Georgia’s Restaurant Soul Food
- Grams Kitchen California Creole
- Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken Fried Chicken
- Hambone’s BBQ & Grill California BBQ
- Made By Yub Bakery @madebyyub
- McClain Cellars Winery
- Munchies Diner Vegan Diner
- Naughty Panda Vegan Restaurant @itsnaughtypanda
- Protein Lab Protein shakes, superfood bowls, smoothies @fueledbyproteinlab
- Robert Earl’s BBQ BBQ
- Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles Chicken
- Sal’s Gumbo Shack Cajun
- The Fuel Shack Breakfast, sandwiches, salads, acai bowls
- Tribute Coffee House Coffee House
- TED Talks to Help You Understand Racism
- Anti-Racism Resources from Rachel Ricketts
- 20 Books About Anti-Racism
SUPPORT COMPANIES THAT SUPPORT BLACK LIVES MATTER
Many companies are issuing statements and following up with monetary and meaningful action. Here are just a few companies that have issued statements supporting the black lives matter campaign.
- Ben and Jerry’s Dismantle While Supremacy Statement
- Lego Donates $4 million to fight racism
- Walt Disney Company Letter to Employees
- Starbucks Letter from the CEO
Hopefully, you have found this list helpful. Thank You for Reading.