The most magical time of year brings so many fun festivities at Walt Disney World. While there is a lot going on in the Parks, there is almost just as much, if not more, to do at the Disney Resorts. Each Disney Resort is dressed…
Disney Blog and News – Welcome to Polka Dots and Pixie Dust
Welcome to Polka Dots and Pixie Dust, a Disney Parks Blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to help plan your Disney Parks Vacation, plan your Disney Cruise, and add more Disney to your Lifestyle. We are sisters with a passion for all things Disney and Harry Potter. Not to mention holidays, food, and movies, all of which you’ll find here on our Disney Blog at Polka Dots and Pixie Dust. From blogging about Disney Theme Parks to Disney Movie Nights, we share loads of Disney Information here. And since we’re always ready for the magic we try to fit a little Disney into every day.
On this Disney Blog, you’ll find Disney Theme Park Reviews for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, and Disney Aulani. Plus you’ll get an inside look at all our favorite Disney Restaurants and Disney Snacks. Because let’s face it, we can never get enough Disney Food! And that includes at home too! So you’ll also find Disney Recipes, Disney DIY Projects, and everything you need for a Disney Home. If you’re planning a Disney Cruise, you can find guides for each Disney Cruise Ship, and Cruise Destination Reviews. In addition to all things Disney, we also share our love of the holidays, recipes, and Harry Potter!
We also review Disney Resorts, and Disney Special Events, and report on the Epcot Festivals every year! Do you need a list of everything you’ll find in each park? You can grab our Free Disney E-Book with Visitor Guides for each Disney Park by signing up for our newsletter. We promise to share everything you could hope for from a WDW Tourist Blog, and maybe some other Disney stuff just for fun!
Walt Disney World 2023
If you’re looking for a Disney World Blog, look no further. We have loads of info just for you, to help you DIY your Disney World Vacation. Walt Disney World in 2023 may just be one of the best years to visit! As construction projects complete, there is plenty to look forward to. Including the TRON LightCycle Power Run, a completed Moana’s Journey of Water in EPCOT, and Woody’s Rodeo Roundup BBQ Restaurant in Hollywood Studios. Be sure to check out the Walt Disney World Events Calendar for 2023, and everything on the way we’ll be sharing soon. If you’re getting ready for a vacation of your own in 2023, be sure to read our Walt Disney World 2023 Vacation Planning Guide.
Walt Disney World 2024
Things at Walt Disney World are looking up for 2024. With the main opening being Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, construction projects may be on a break, helping the parks get back to “normal.” With a completed EPCOT World Celebration and new restaurants open by the end of 2023, the main projects will be resort renovations.
Be sure to check out What’s New at Walt Disney World in 2024? if you’re traveling. The biggest Disney Vacation Tips we can offer is to review the Walt Disney World Calendar of Events 2024 so you know what to expect when you visit. Whether it’s larger traveling groups at Disney that may take over your hotel, or clog up lines at Disney World, we share dates and details in the post. And if you’re visiting to run your next race, check out the runDisney Events at Walt Disney World 2024 to get a handle on registration dates and themes.
Walt Disney Company 100th Anniversary
The Walt Disney Company celebrates its 100th Anniversary in 2023, honoring the birth of the company started by Roy and Walt Disney in 1923. Check out everything happening for the Walt Disney Company’s 100th Anniversary, including new rides at the parks, new shows on Disney Plus, new merchandise, snacks, and more!
Walt Disney World Planning
Planning a Disney Vacation can get complicated. Thankfully, we’ve done a round-up of all the information you need. If you’re ready to dive in, we have tips on how to plan a Disney Vacation and everything you need to know about Walt Disney World Parks. Grab our Disney Checklists so you know what to see, do, and eat in all four parks. Or check out our Disney Tips to have a better vacation.
If this is your first Disney Vacation you can also peruse our Disney Guides with information on the Disney Dining Plan, How to get to Walt Disney World from Orlando Airport, and What to pack for Disney. Check out which Resorts at Walt Disney World we like best and Disney Restaurants you can’t miss. If it’s been a few years since your last visit, be sure to check out all the new Disney Attractions.
Are you visiting Walt Disney World soon? Check out What’s New at Walt Disney World so you can make sure you are in the know. And if you’re planning for Disney during the holidays, you can check out our posts on Halloween and Christmas activities that happen in Disney parks.
- Plan Your Vacation with tips, guides, and checklists.
- Figure out which Disney Parks to visit.
- Decide where to stay with our Disney Resorts Reviews.
- Book your Advanced Dining Reservations at our favorite Disney Restaurants
- Check out all the Must-do Disney Attractions
- Get ready for Disney Holidays with all our holiday posts.
Just like all Disney Blogs, we have loads of info to help you plan your visit to the parks. Walt Disney World has 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, the Disney Boardwalk, over 25 resorts, and Disney Springs. That’s a lot to fit into any Disney Vacation. Below, you can check out our pages on all the Walt Disney World Parks.
- Animal Kingdom: Disney’s Animal Kingdom is Walt Disney World’s largest park and features animal habitats and themed rides, restaurants and spaces honoring Africa, Asia, and Pandora.
- EPCOT: Walt Disney’s favorite project for a city of tomorrow can be found at EPCOT Park, home to Spaceship Earth, and the World Showcase, offering a variety of restaurants and rides themed to different cultures.
- Hollywood Studios: Featuring old-school Hollywood, Toy Story Land, and Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, Hollywood Studios is all about film. Home to the Tower of Terror and Rise of the Resistance.
- Magic Kingdom: Home to Cinderella’s Castle Magic Kingdom is Disney World’s smallest park, and most popular. With over 25 rides, if you love classic Disney films and characters, you can find them here.
Free Disney Areas to Visit
- Disney’s BoardWalk: Found just outside EPCOT Park, you can visit the Disney Boardwalk for free to explore the Boardwalk Resorts, restaurants, and Entertainment available.
- Disney Springs Shopping Center: Disney Springs is Walt Disney World’s free, public shopping center, filled with restaurants and shops to browse, and explore. Perfect for finding your next Disney Gift.
- Disney Resorts: Walt Disney World has over 25 Disney Resorts, across all categories. While some feature characters, others are simply themed to Walt’s favorite things. Disney Resorts are free to visit and make for the perfect non-park ticket day.
Things to Do
Our favorite parts of any Disney Vacation often have nothing to do with the rides. We love the extra special things that you can find when you’re not just checking off your Disney checklist. Be sure to check out all our posts on the fun free Disney Games we’ve found in the parks and all our favorite Disney Snacks in each park. If you’re visiting EPCOT, chances are you will visit during one of the EPCOT festivals.
Check out our Best times to visit Walt Disney World post for which months each festival happens. And if you’re visiting during the holidays you can grab tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom.
Disney Festivals and Parties
No matter what time of year you visit Walt Disney World there is always something fun going on. On our Disney Blog, we write these a lot; from the Boo To You Parade lyrics to the Food and Wine Festival Menus, there is so much to share when these events arrive each year. EPCOT Festivals are included with your park ticket, while other parties and after-hours events are available at an extra cost.
- Festival of the Arts: The Festival of the Arts at EPCOT takes place every winter from mid-January to mid-February and features artists, performances, and culinary creations.
- Flower and Garden Festival: EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival begins in early March and runs all the way to early July, offering fresh foods, garden and flower displays across the park, and performances.
- Food and Wine Festival: The most popular festival, the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival runs from mid-July to mid-November. And showcases foods and wines of all kinds, stretching across the World showcases countries with cultural cuisine, and special performances at the Eat to the Beat concerts.
- Festival of Holidays: The Festival of Holidays runs from just after Thanksgiving through December and fills the holiday season with specialty food, festive performances, and the unforgettable Candlelight Processional performance.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party: This annual Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom is all about family fun. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is offered on select nights beginning in early August and running through Halloween.
- Mickey’s Christmas Party: Magic Kingdom at Christmas gets more beautiful at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party with snowfall on Main Street and the Once Upon a Christmas Time Disney Christmas Parade. Offered select nights from mid-November through mid-December.
- Jollywood Nights: Christmas at Hollywood Studios was already pretty festive, with kitschy decorations and the Sunset Season’s Greetings show. If you’re looking for even more fun, offered select nights, Jollywood Nights offers up exclusive party entertainment, snacks, and limited capacity in the park.
While we don’t get to our favorite Disney Park on the West Coast as much as we’d like, we’re pulling together all the things to know about vacationing at Disneyland Resort. Check out the 15 Best Hotels within Walking Distance of Disneyland and take on the Ultimate Disneyland Bucket List Challenge.
Disney Aulani Resort
If you’re hoping to travel to Hawaii and take your dream Disney Aulani Vacation, then check out the posts we’ve written so far! From the 5 Things to Do on an Oahu Road Trip to How to afford Disney Aulani on a Budget. We’ll be adding even more Disney Parks info to the blog as we learn more to share.
Disney Cruise Vacation
We are constantly adding new Disney Cruise Blog content here. From the best ways to Save Money on a Disney Cruise to our favorite Disney Cruise Lounges. And if you’re looking forward to sailing the high seas, be sure to check out our Disney Cruise Vacation Guides for everything you need to know about sailing with Disney Cruise Line. From departure ports to destinations to restaurants on each Disney Cruise Ship. Here is a Disney Cruise Ship Guide to get you started.
If you’re Planning a Disney Cruise be sure to check out our Disney Cruise Tips for Beginners post, filled with tips from what to pack, to when to board, and all the activities onboard. And if you’re looking to save some money, check out everything we recommend for a Disney Cruise On a Budget. As an all-inclusive Disney Vacation, you get more than you think included in your cruise package. And if you’re hoping to travel on a Holiday Disney Cruise, check out our posts for Halloween on the High Seas and Disney’s Very Merrytime Cruise.
Disney Vacation Planning
While many people will be up against work, school, and family schedules, choosing WHEN to visit Walt Disney World is your first step. Consider what you’re hoping to do when you go. Are you planning on visiting an EPCOT festival? During Halloween or Christmas? Once you’ve decided which dates you will be visiting, then you can decide where to stay. Check out our Best Times to Visit Walt Disney World post for some ideas on when to visit.
- Disney World in the Spring
- Disney World in the Summer
- Disney World in the Fall
- Disney World in the Winter
Disney At Home
Since we can’t travel all of the time, we LOVE adding more Disney at Home to this Disney Blog. We share Disney Recipes to help bring a little of the parks back home with you. Check out Tiana’s Beignets for your next Disney Movie Night or if you’re hosting a Disney Party. We love all things Disney Lifestyle, so you’ll also find Disney Quotes, Disney Gifts, and Things to Buy before your vacation. Looking for Disney Home Decor, we got that too. And since we run a Disney Shop with Apparel and Accessories you can always count on us to write about a little Disney Style.
Since we’re not always traveling and need to find ways to nurture our love of Disney, we often add it wherever we can. As such you’ll find loads of Disney things for the Holidays on this blow. As well as Disney Recipes, Disney Movie Nights and Disney Home Decor. Or perhaps you’re planning your next Princess Tea Party and need Disney Party Ideas or just looking for some great Disney Books to add to your collection. We have them all here on this Disney blog just for you. And if you’re anything like us, as you build your Disney Lifestyle, you’ll be looking for Disney Gifts and Things to Buy for your Disney home, wardrobe, and more.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Quite often we find fans of Disney are also fans of Harry Potter. Us included!!! As a result, we’ve added even more Harry Potter at Home posts. Filled with Butterbeer and everything. We’ve even rounded up recipes, activities and all the movies for a Harry Potter Movie Marathon Weekend. Perfect for a cozy weekend at home.
Having visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter we know it can get confusing. From making your trip a little easier to just indulging in all the Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter Movies, to all our info on Universal Studios. From early park passes to annual passes, we’re sharing tips along the way. Here is everything you need to know if you’re hoping to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in One Day.
Or get away with a budget-friendly Universal Studios vacation with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter On a Budget. And if you’re looking for where to cast spells, get butterbeer, or how to ride Hagrid’s new ride, check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter First Timer’s Guide.
If you’re visiting Universal Studios during your Orlando vacation, be sure to check out a Road Trip to somewhere near the Disney Parks.
Universal Studios Orlando
If you’re adding Universal Studios Orlando to your vacation plans, be sure to check out our top posts. This can help you get a lay of the land. Universal Studios in Orlando Florida consists of three theme park areas, including a variety of favorites from Jurrasic World to Dr. Suess to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. From getting a Season Pass to Universal Studios Orlando to Universal Studios Resorts within walking distance. Check out all our posts about Universal Studios Orlando.
Are you looking for the perfect Disney Gifts or Everything you Need to Buy for your Disney Trip? We have cute Disney Family Shirts over at Polka Dot Pixie Shop. And a slew of Disney Shopping Lists for Travel, Birthdays Holidays, and more, we’ve got you covered.
- Shop Polka Dot Pixie Shop Disney Outfits
- Shop Polka Dot Pixie Shop on ETSY
- Shop Disney Decor on ETSY
- Shop Disney Photography Presets on ETSY
- Shop Disney on Amazon
A Little More Pixie Dust
And if you’re ready for a little more Pixie Dust in your week, sign up for our Polka Dot Pixies Newsletter. Every Friday we share new posts about all things Disney. Plus new design releases from Polka Dot Pixie Shop, our Disney Inspired Apparel, and Accessories Shop. Plus, you’ll be on the list for special Disney News, all our Holiday fun, and exclusive access to sales! Thanks for being here….and Have a Magical Day!