The Regal Eagle Smokehouse recently opened at Walt Disney World and replaces the basic American burger joint, Liberty Inn at The American Adventure Pavilion in World Showcase, EPCOT. Featuring a variety of meats and barbecue sauces, Regal Eagle is all about upgrading your BBQ experience, with a focus on regional sauces and flavors.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse Atmosphere
Complete with a “pit master” this new restaurant uses techniques from classic barbecue regions in the U.S. and smokes selections over oak wood. Think backyard barbecue, done by the professionals. You can find both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating is all about showcasing the grill and lining up for whatever craft brew next strikes your fancy.
Since Florida gets insanely hot, you’ll be happy to know there is indoor seating! Done up in classic American brick style, this cafeteria space has shared barbecue stations, drink stations and picnic tables throughout the space. You’ll also be glad to know Sam Eagle of Muppets fame gets a little face time as our very own Regal Eagle.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse House Barbecue Sauces
This new BBQ restaurant will be all about the sauces. With some rich flavors to choose from, plan on finding not only the perfect sauce for your meal but the perfect draft or cider to go with it.
- Spicy Mop Sauce – inspired by Texas-style “mop” this thin glaze barbecue usually has stock, vinegar, Worcestershire, and spices like salt, pepper, and garlic included.
- Sweet BBQ Sauce – inspired by classic dry rub seasonings made with brown sugars, molasses and tomato.
- Vinegar-based Sauce – inspired by North Carolina’s tradition of vinegar and pepper combining spices like cayenne, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- Tangy Mustard Sauce – often referred to as “Carolina Gold” is thinned with vinegar and added spices for a zingy flavor.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse Craft Drafts
A variety of craft beers, ciders and wines are on the menu here. Guests can head to the outdoor bar for craft brews on tap and lounge in the the outdoor seating area at American Adventure Pavilion. There will also be a Tennessee Lemonade Cocktail and a Berry Sparkler ( non-alcoholic) available to top off the meal.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse Barbecue Menu
Meals are quick serve and able to be served alone or as part of a platter. A variety of sides are available; french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, or creamy slaw. Check out the full menu here.
- Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich made with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast
- South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions
- Kansas City smoked chicken
- Memphis dry-rub pork ribs served with Texas Toast and a side of onion rings
- North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt
- Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette
All-American Grilled Burger
Topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring, this burger was huge. And just a ton of meat all around. But if you love a good burger then this is the classic choice here. Complete with tiny american flag. And your choice of side.
Plant-based BBQ burger
Plant-based BBQ burger featuring a plant-based patty topped with BBQ jackfruit served on vegan garlic toast. This plant based burger was excellent. All of Disney’s Plant Based options lately have simply blown us away and this was no exception. The jackfruit had the consistency of bbq pork and the burger tasted like the real thing.
The American Platter
A selection of 3 meats, side and garlic toast this is a dish you can definitely share and the one you’ll most likely get if you’re following any kind of Keto diet. We love that it came on a little oven pan with a newspaper wrapper.
Kids can pick lighter BBQ fare served with a choice of two sides, and a variety of Coca-Cola beverages are also at the ready.
- BBQ chicken salad
- Classic Burger
- BBQ chicken leg or chicken salad
- BBQ rib platter
Serving something classic and sweet these quick-serve desserts are a perfect BBQ accompaniment.
- Banana pudding
- S’mores brownie
- Cup of fresh watermelon garnished with torn mint
The Banana Pudding
People had raved that the banana cream pudding at Regal Eagle tasted just like the one at the New York’s Magnolia Bakery. And since people line up around the block for that, we just had to give it a try! Frankly, we were not disappointed! Strikingly similar, if you want to try this out before your next visit you can grab the copycat recipe for Magnolia’s Banana Pudding here.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse Craft Drafts & Barbecue
Surely heaven for any lover of barbecue, we were able to try all the different kinds of sauces to find our favorites. This lunch provided enough food to sustain the hungriest vacationer. And frankly, if we’re doing a longer Disney day, this little lunch spot may just be where we end up. Even with all the amazing food options in Epcot World Showcase, the familiar is sometimes nice to come home to.