While this years Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, Walt Disney World has been cut short, that doesn’t mean we can’t bring you the good stuff! If you’re looking for an escape while staying at home this year, check out our Flower and Garden Festival Photo Tour 2020 . And whip up a batch of the most amazing springtime tea, chock full of antioxidants to help you stay healthy! Here’s the recipe used for the Twinings Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea at this years festival.
Flower and Garden Festival Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea
If you’re able to attend the festival this year you will find this fresh iced tea at Trowel and Trellis hosted by Impossible in the Showcase Plaza area. But, if you’re like most folks this year restricting travel, then you can just settle in and make this tea at home.
Grab a box of Twinings Lemon and Ginger Tea
Twinings is one of our favorite brand of tea. Thankfully Epcot has a whole Twinings storefront in the UK area of the World Showcase. You can also easily grab this tea from any local grocery store. It’s fairly common in the tea aisle and can be used for oh so many things! We love this lemon ginger tea for easy summer evenings, or to accompany a fruit appetizer and anytime there’s an upset stomach in the house. Its perfect hot or cold with honey. You can grab a box of this tea on Amazon.
Make a Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is simply water and sugar. The ratio is 1:1. Just mix 1/2. cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat on the stove top, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved and the mixture isn’t grainy. Once mixed, remove from stove and let cool.
Make a Blueberry Puree
Blueberry Puree is super easy to make. To make a full batch, for several servings of this tea, you can take a pint of blueberries, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp sugar. Just combine in a food processor, and store in a mason jar. This puree is used to make this tea, but if you make a large batch can also be added to your favorite cocktails.
Or add a little Vodka for the Disney Adult Version
If your tea needs a little kick, the alcoholic version of this tea was offered with Tito’s Handmade Vodka. And served in a mason jar. Tito’s is an award winning smooth handmade craft vodka and you can get it at most grocers. In a tea drink this light it’s important to not let the alcohol overpower the tea and blueberry flavors. So a splash is all you need or you can fill the cup to 1 finger worth of vodka and then add the mixture.
Twinings Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea
Twinings Bloomin' Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea
This easy Iced blueberry tea is made with a Lemon and Ginger Tea for an extra health boost.
- 6 oz. boiled water
- 2 Twinings Lemon & Ginger Tea Bags
- 2 oz. Blueberry Puree
- (Made from 1 c. blueberries, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar)
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- ( Made from 1/2 c. granulated sugar, 1/2 c. water)
- Step 1 Boil water and pour into a heat safe container.
- Step 2 Steep the 2 tea bags for 4 minutes, or until desired strength.
- Step 3 Remove tea bags and discard
- Step 4 Chill tea
- Step 5 Make Simple Syrup
- Step 6 Combine sugar and water and heat in small saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Step 7 Let chill.
- Step 8 Make Blueberry Puree
- Step 9 Combine blueberries, lemon juice and sugar in a blender or food processor. Combine until smooth.
- Step 10 Mix 2 oz. blueberry puree, 1oz simple syrup and chilled tea into a cocktail shaker and mix well.
- Step 11 Pour over ice and Garnish with fresh blueberries. Serves 2.
You must be logged in to post a comment.