Every January Walt Disney World welcomes artists and artisans to the International Festival of the Arts at Epcot. Every year we see new foods, new artists and a daily concert series. Since January weather in Florida is usually mild, if you’re looking for an easy breezy Disney vacation, this may be it! Wondering what’s new at the Festival of the Arts at Epcot, Walt Disney World? Here’s everything you have to look forward to.
When is Walt Disney World’s Festival of the Arts?
This year the Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Epcot is January 12 – February 19, 2024 bringing with it new fun, foods, and amazing art featured in the World Showcase.
How Many Days Do You Need for the Festival of the Arts?
- 1 New Artists at the Festival of the Arts
- 2 New Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
- 3 New Foods at the Festival of the Arts
- 4 Disney on Broadway
- 5 New Classes and Seminars
- 6 New Prizes for Figment Brush with the Masters
- 7 New Merchandise at Festival of the Arts 2024
- 8 New Photo Ops
- 9 New Mural Paint By Number
New Artists at the Festival of the Arts
You can see new chalk art on the midway between Future World and the World Showcase and performance artists at the stage. We love the gilded statues that come alive. So your job is to stand there and wait until they do. New to the festival we also found little characters painted all over the buildings throughout the world showcase. There’s a special character in every country so keep an eye out!
New Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine
New Foods at the Festival of the Arts
Disney on Broadway
- Location: America Gardens Theatre at EPCOT
- Dates: January 12 to February 19, 2024
- Showtimes: 5:30 PM, 6:15 PM and 8:00 PM
Disney on Broadway Performers 2024
- Caissie Levy and Patti Murin (“Frozen”): Jan. 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday” and “The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins” and “Beauty and the Beast”): Jan. 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 24
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins” and “Beauty and the Beast”) and L. Steven Taylor (“The Lion King”): Jan. 26, 28 and 29; Feb. 1, 3, 5 and 6
- Kissy Simmons (“The Lion King”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”): Jan. 27, 30, 31; Feb. 2, 4, 7 and 8
- Mandy Gonzalez (“Aida”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin” and “Tarzan”): Feb. 9, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19
- Bradley Gibson (“Hercules” and “The Lion King”) and Shoba Narayan (“Aladdin”): Feb. 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19 *
Disney on Broadway Dining Packages 2024
Available starting December 19, 2023, you can grab a Disney on Broadway Dining Package for dinner and a guaranteed seat at any of these eight EPCOT Restaruatns.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- Garden Grill Restaurant
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
- Le Cellier
- Spice Road Table
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse (same-day, in-person walk-up packages only)
New Classes and Seminars
Festival of the Arts Animation Academy | 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm
Kid’s Chalk Art | 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
New Prizes for Figment Brush with the Masters
New Merchandise at Festival of the Arts 2024
New Photo Ops
There are always new photo ops at the Festival of the Arts for you to pose to your heart’s content! These pop up all over the World Showcase so be on the lookout. They usually include familiar artworks from famous paintings and art you’re sure to recognize. Check out the Festival of Arts Photo Spots for this year.
New Mural Paint By Number
Head to the Expression Section: A Paint by Number Mural, to contribute to a new design that morphs throughout the day, into a work of art! You get a small tub of paint and a brush. And are instructed to paint a certain number of squares during your time at the wall. You may even see it complete during your stay!
Walt Disney World Festival of the Arts at Epcot
If you’re looking for a great way to take advantage of Florida’s mild winter months, visiting Walt Disney World in January or February should be part of your travel plans. The Walt Disney World Parks during the early part of the year have lower crowds, better weather, and amazing events like the International Festival of the Arts to help keep everyone entertained. It’s a perfect event for couples, families, kids, and everyone! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.