Summer is here, which means time for all things fun, colorful and new. If you follow us on Instagram, you may notice that we always have to have fun nails when we are traveling(because, hello, we need good photos while holding all the snacks!) and we are always looking for inspiration to create a new nail look.
Creating fun Disney inspired nails at home
We are always busy, always on the go and always saving for our next trip. So heading to the salon every time we wanted to get our nails done just didnt seem practical. We recently became acquainted with at home gel polish kits, like ModelOnes and the idea of doing a gel manicure at home is a dream. Their branding is classy, clean and feels so pretty! We love that the bottles themselves are beautiful enough to be displayed!
They basically carry everything you could ever need or want for your nails and their products are so simple to use to create your very own magical looks.
Their gel polishes are for at-home use and are perfect for beginners and those a bit more experienced alike! They are made of natural resin, so they are non-toxic, cruelty and pollution free and are essentially odor free. If you’re not familiar with how gel polishes work, they require a UV/LED lamp to cure the polish. Don’t let that intimidate you though. ModelOnes actually carries the exact lamp that you need to cure these polishes , and the gel polish will last you so much longer than any other type of polish, so its definitely worth the investment! If you’re a little more on a budget, this one gets great reviews on Amazon too.
We had so much fun creating these looks inspired by Wonderland and actually used their In Wonderland Collection and want to show you how you can too!
You can also find a great variety of gel polishes on Amazon so really the sky is the limit!
How to apply Gel Polish to create Disney nails at home
Simply paint your nails and allow them to cure under the nail lamp.
For top and base coats, you’ll need one minute to cure the polish, and for all of the other colors, you’ll want to allow 2 minutes. Simple!
Again we used ModelOnes, so we will be referring to their products, but most gel nail products would work for this same process.
So that we had the chance to try all of the fun included with this collection, we created two different looks. One was based off of the Mad Hatter and the other off the Queen of Hearts herself.
This collection comes with a nail stamping set, which we were super excited to try out.
- For all of these nails, you will want to start with your base coat. Simply apply the base coat and set it under the nail lamp for 1 minute to cure it.
- From there we chose to start with some basics, using the colors “Alice” and “Mad Hat” for the main colors, alternating for a fun effect.
- Once you have applied these polishes, again you’ll want to cure under the lamp.
- After these nail colors are cured, that’s when you can start adding some magic!
- Adding a bit of sparkle was easy, using “Red Queen” for the red nails and “White Queen” for the blue nails, and we love that such a simple addition can make such a big impact. Be sure to set the polish under the nail lamp again, after the addition of the glitter polish.
- Using the nail stamp allowed us to create some very whimsical designs without taking too much time or requiring too much talent! The nail lacquers required for these are called “Black Key” and “Silver Key” and we tried both and they both turned out beautifully.
- Simply brush a dot of polish at the top of the stamp you want to use and use the scraper to cover the whole stamp.
- Then take the stamper to transfer the design to your nail and voila! We loved using these for silver crowns, black hats and black chess pieces to elevate the nail design and really show off the inspiration behind these.
- Top with a top coat and cure to improve longevity and your nails are all ready for whatever magical adventure you’re up for next!
We hope this post has given you some inspiration to create fun Disney inspired(or whatever magic you’re into!) nails at home!