Love Dole Whip? What about a Dole Whip Sundae? If you’re anything like us, and secretly telling yourself the benefits of pineapple far outweigh the “dessert” factor of this treat, then read on! We’re sharing the Dole Whip Nacho Recipe so you can add a little taste of the islands to your summer!
As bakers, cooks, and Disney Snack connoisseurs we are in constant search of the best Disney Recipes. You know, the good ones. Especially since if we’re going to spend all day cooking, baking, or perfecting a Disney treat we need it to be ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and worth the time, effort, and cost. Thankfully this treat is so simple you won’t mind the 20 minutes it takes to blend everything up.
What Do You Need for Disney Dole Whip Nachos? Your Shopping List
When you gather up everything ahead of time making the Dole Whip and assembling this treat goes quickly. Here is your shopping list for Disney Dole Whip Nachos.
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Lime juice
- Waffle Cones
- Whipped Cream ( to keep this vegan you can skip or use coconut whipped cream)
- Red Decorating Gel (optional)
Ingredient Notes: The Coconut milk here is the kind in the box, not the can. And for the most “yellow” dole whip possible, grab the Dole “Gold” Pineapple in a can, or grab the ripest whole pineapple you can find. the extreme yellow of a ripe pineapple kicks it up to classic Dole Whip levels.
How to Make Dole Whip
Dole Whip ( Recipe from DOLE® )
- 1 cup ripe DOLE® pineapple, chopped and frozen
- 1 ripe DOLE® Banana, peeled and frozen
- 2-1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Dole Whip Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. If the Dole Whip is holding its shape then you can move on to the next step. If it’s too soft, freeze to your desired consistency.
Making or Buying Waffle Cone Chips
While we tend to be the kind of girls who like making things from scratch, the process of making your own waffle chips requires not only more ingredients but also a waffle cone maker! Yes, they actually make waffle cone makers. This is not the same as an actual waffle maker- which is deeper and would cause your waffle chips to be just regular waffles. Unfortunately, there really isn’t a way around buying a waffle cone maker, if you want to make these yourself.
However, if you’re bent on keeping this as a quick and easy snack the BEST Waffle Cones that you can buy in-store, according to Saveur, are America’s Choice Waffle Cones. But really both Joy and Keebler are also fine brands to try. Check out the waffle cones on amazon or grab these in your grocery order. And if you’re determined to do these entirely from scratch grab this waffle cone maker and check out this waffle cone recipe.
Disney Dole Whip Nachos Assembly
Once everything has been gathered and the Dole Whip has been made, this is what you’ll need to assemble the Disney Dole Whip Nachos.
Before you begin be sure to have the following things ready on the counter.
- Pastry Bags
- Star Tips
- Dole Whip
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped pineapple for garnish
Instructions. Be sure to work quickly so nothing melts.
- Set out two bowls.
- Break your Waffle Cones into “Chips” and arrange them in the bowls
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a star tip with dole whip
- Swirl the Dole Whip on top of the Waffle Chips
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a star tip with whipped cream
- Add the whipped cream around the dole whip on top of the waffle chips
- Garnish with chopped pineapple
- Add sprinkles
- Drizzle red decorating gel (optional)
Disney Dole Whip Nacho Recipe
There you have it. We have to say that after doing a few batches of this treat and keeping them on hand in the freezer, it’s sure to be a staple for the summer months. This Disney dessert is sweet and packed with probiotics and vitamin C to help protect you from too much sun. what’s not to like? We hope you love this quick Dole Whip Recipe as much as we do!