Planning to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, but not really sure where to start? We hear ya, we’ve been there too! The cost of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party alone can be a little overwhelming, so we’ve created this beginner’s guide to help you understand all things Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
When is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns on select nights from November 8- December 22, 2022. Complete with loads of holiday fun! Featuring all our favorite events, shows, and snacks from years gone past, this year, guests also get something new! Special for the 50th Anniversary, guests attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.
- 1 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates 2022
- 2 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Cost
- 3 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Snacks
- 4 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Entertainment
- 5 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ride Overlays
- 6 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Merchandise
- 7 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates 2022
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is offered on select nights beginning November 8, 2022, and runs through December 22, 2022.
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ticket prices range from $149 – $199 per person.
What’s the Best Time to Go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party happens every year from the 2nd week in November to the 3rd week in December, the week right before Christmas, at Magic Kingdom. Much like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, this is an evening party. As such, we recommend trying to attend the party before December if you want to avoid the crowds. The week right before Thanksgiving is usually less crowded and is a great way to kick off the season before the holiday chaos starts at WDW. If attending this party in December, know that this is the busiest time of year at Walt Disney World, after Dec 12th all the way through New Year’s Day. So be okay with the crowds and the nuances of visiting Walt Disney World during the holidays. Also, be aware that the weather can get pretty chilly at night in Orlando, so be sure to dress accordingly.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Cost
Unfortunately, the prices for hard-ticketed events like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are going up every year. Tickets this year are between 149-199 dollars a person. For this reason, we recommend not buying or using a Park Ticket that day. Plan to show up at Magic Kingdom around 4 pm, which is typically when they start letting guests check-in for the party at 7 pm. Since it will likely be a late night for you, this is a good day to spend the day at the resorts, or head over Disney Springs to explore the Christmas Tree Stroll and try a new restaurant!
Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth it?
This is probably the biggest question most people ask and the answer is really up to you! If you use the strategy to swap out a park ticket day for a party ticket instead, you’ll end up budgeting about the same. Or if you’re not concerned about budget and prioritize special Character Meet and Greets, the Very Merry Christmas Parade, and snow on Main Street, then you might feel it is worth the cost. If you’re on a budget or traveling with a large party that could really break the bank buying Party tickets, then we say there is enough to do at Walt Disney World during the holidays without attending such a high-priced ticketed event. Read more in our Pros and Cons of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party post.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Snacks
Cookies, cocoa, apple cider, egg nog and more are available throughout the Magic Kingdom during the Christmas Party. Each location has a specific cookie/drink combination and you can hunt down your favorites as you like. They’re all included in the price of the Christmas Party ticket so they’re technically “free”.
Lines for these cookie stations can get pretty long and you likely won’t want to spend all of your time waiting in line for cookies. And, honestly, you probably won’t need or want all of the cookies available. We recommend choosing your favorites rather than waiting in line for every cookie station. You can also find some EXCLUSIVE party treats throughout the Magic Kingdom as well.
Complimentary Cookies and Treats
A major perk of your Christmas party ticket is that you get Free Cookies and Cocoa throughout the park “for free”. Here are the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Complimentary Cookies and Treats from 2019, exclusive to the party.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie, Hot Chocolate, and Fanta | Pinocchio Village Haus
- Snowman Pretzel | Storybook Snacks Car
- Peppermint Cookie | Miner’s Cove
- Chocolate Chip Cookie| Friar’s Nook
- Ginger Molasses Cookie and Apple Cider | Lunching Pad
- Peppermint Cookie, Hot Chocolate, and Apple Cider | Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Ginger Molasses Cookie | Jungle Cruise
- Snowman Pretzel and Fanta | Tortuga Tavern
- Snickerdoodle Cookie | Golden Oak Outpost
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Eggnog | Diamond Horseshoe
Specialty Holiday Disney Snacks and Treats Party Exclusives*
Available for purchase these party-exclusive snacks and treats are only available to party guests during the party. (2019 snacks)
- Carved Turkey Sandwich | Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe .
- This hearty snack is an oven-roasted turkey sandwich stuffed with turkey, applewood smoked bacon, smoked gouda, chipotle garlic aïoli, lettuce, and tomato on a roll.
- Gaston’s Cheese Dip | Gaston’s Tavern
- No surprise here, Gaston’s dip is a beer cheese dip served with smoked bacon bits and breadstick antlers.
- An Orange Bird Christmas | Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Our favorite Florida mascot is featured on this orange-scented white chocolate mousse filled with orange curd and a citrus almond cream cake. With buttercream leaves, and white chocolate.
- Kakamora Float | Aloha Isle
- This cool coconut soft-serve is served on top of pineapple juice and non-alcoholic blue curaçao syrup topped with a chocolate Kakamora cake pop.
- Sven’s Carrot Cake | Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- A reindeer-approved carrot cake topped with cream cheese icing, sugar carrots, and a chocolate Sven.
- Jolly Tamale Christmas | Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- A selection of house-made tamales, the Jolly Tamales come filled with shredded chicken and your choice of toppings from the complimentary fixings bar.
- Tis the Season| Cool Ship
- A chilled Fanta Orange soda is mixed with cranberry juice and green apple popping pearls for a fizzy, festive drink.
- To Be Jolly Float | Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- If you love a peppermint mocha, this one is for you. This is peppermint-iced coffee topped with vanilla ice cream, crushed peppermint, and a chocolate Minnie Mouse bow.
Specialty Holiday Disney Souvenirs
All souvenirs are available for purchase and only while supplies last.
- Happy Holidays Popcorn Bucket | Magic Kingdom Castle Popcorn Cart
- Mickey Jingle Bell Sipper| Sleepy Hollow and Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Mickey Gingerbread Straw Clip| Quick-service restaurants throughout the park
Specialty Holiday Disney Souvenirs Party Exclusives*
- Mickey Light-Up Tree Premium Popcorn Bucket* | Popcorn Carts Magic Kingdom
- Sven Sipper*| Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café and Gaston’s Tavern
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Entertainment
If you’ve ever wondered how magical it would be to have snow on Main Street USA, it’s pretty magical and only happens at the Christmas Party. In addition to the snow on Main Street, you can see Elsa light the castle in A Frozen Holiday Wish, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration Castle Show, and Santa Claus in the Once a Christmas Time Parade. You can also see the new fireworks show for the holidays! Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show includes classic holiday music, curated by Minnie Mouse herself!
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances and favorite Disney characters on the Cinderella Castle Stage.
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks, and seasonal songs.
Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
A major perk of attending the Christmas party is seeing the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. Featuring the flying reindeer, elves, and Santa Clause himself! You can also see this parade the week of Christmas after the party dates have finished, but up until that holiday week, the only place to see this parade is at the party. Check out our Once Upon a Christmastime Parade Photo Tour for a glimpse at the magic.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Character Visits
There are oh so many character opportunities at the Christmas party! Scrooge McDuck and Sandy Claws are the main attractions so be in line super early for those characters if interested or plan to catch them near the end of the evening when lines are shorter. You can also meet a variety of other characters dressed in their holiday best for the occasion. You can find these meet-and-greet locations on the Party map, however, characters are not specified on the map, so if you have a particular character you’re hoping to meet, just ask a cast member where you can find them!
Holiday Dance Party at Cosmic Rays
Head to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café for fun on the dance floor with friends from the North Pole, in this intergalactic dance party that runs all night long.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Taking place on the Rockettower Plaza Stage, you can take a break and bust a move to the latest holiday sounds for an out-of-this-world show. Complete with festive fun, and favorite characters.
Disney Junior Jingle Jam
If you’re bringing little ones to this evening party at Magic Kingdom, let them join in the fun over at Storybook Circus! This fun-filled dance celebration features holiday favorites and Disney Junior friends to add some holiday cheer.
New Photo Opportunities
Special for the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party can strike a pose for three jolly new photo opportunities.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Ride Overlays
Get ready for holiday fun at select Magic Kingdom Rides!
Take an exotic cruise down the Amazon river this holiday season with Christmas cheer, and holiday puns!
Complete with a holiday soundtrack and digital displays, Space Mountain becomes an out-of-this-world Christmas trip to outer space!
Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
Funny jokes, holiday cheer, and more take over Monster Inc. characters as they navigate the holidays in this fun show for families.
Mad Tea Party
Christmas lights and holiday tunes help you twirl your teacup with a whole lot of merry and bright on this festive spin around Mad Tea Party.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Merchandise
One of the best parts of visiting Disney during the holidays is seeing all the amazing Christmas merchandise. There is special merchandise for the party, for annual pass holders, and for the holidays in general. You can also grab almost all of it, except party-specific merchandise, at Disney Springs at World of Disney if you don’t attend the party.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips
Watch the Parade on Main Street
The spot right in front of the Christmas Tree in Town Square is best because the view of Cinderella Castle really can’t be beaten! You’ll have to camp out and wait to have a spot here, so plan some time for that if you’re looking to grab that spot for the parade.
Do the Second Parade Instead
The second Parade is always less crowded, so if you don’t need to watch both, aim for watching the second one to get a better parade viewing spot.
Ride Popular Rides During the First Parade
If you’re not planning to watch both parades and want to ride rides, the wait times during the parades will be some of the lowest wait times during the Christmas Party.
Head to the Character Lines Early
If you’re committed to meeting a special character, get in the line to see them as soon as you arrive. We’ve seen these Character Meet and Greet lines last over two hours at times, so be prepared for these and plan wait time into your night. You can start lining up before the Party even starts and some of the more popular characters actually will start meeting as early as 5:30.
Have a Must-Do List
Have a plan! While Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party does not have as much to do as the Halloween Party, you are paying a premium price for these tickets. Know what you want to do and decide what is worth your time while there. There is no right or wrong answer here and the time will always go faster than you realize, so having a plan will help maximize your time at the Party.
Grab a Map
Grab a map! It should be the first thing you do when you enter the Party. A map will be super helpful during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party to help you find the special offerings and also makes for a cute and FREE souvenir!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Guide
There is so much magic at Walt Disney World during the holidays. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party just makes things a little more magical. While this isn’t an annual party for us, we do recommend you attend it at least once, to see if it’s something you want to add to your Disney Christmas!