Nothing says Christmas like a Home Alone Christmas Movie Night. Whether you’re actually home alone or spending tv time with the family is of little importance. Because, frankly, you will still want to have cozy drinks on hand at Kevin’s “Are ya thirsty for more” Cocoa and Cocktails Bar. And you should definitely indulge in a large Little Nero’s Cheese Pizza, with Kevin McAllister’s Sundae for dessert. And if that doesn’t reel you in, then consider the Christmas tradition of “eating junk and watching rubbish.” Whatever your holiday plans, be sure to settle in for this Christmas classic featuring everything you know and love about staying Home Alone.
Planning a Home Alone Christmas Movie Night doesn’t have to include a complex battle plan and tons of decorations. In fact, we include just a few to help get you ready for your special Christmas movie night. From fun recipes to Home Alone printables, here is everything you need, and can do to make your Home Alone Christmas Movie Night special.
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Recipes
Let’s face it, Kevin McAllister is a lot of things, but a gourmet cook, he ain’t. Thankfully, everyone needs a little junk food every once in a while, and what better time than during the holidays? We’ve whipped up Kevin’s favorite things to eat for our Christmas Movie Night and they’re sure to bring you back to simpler times. Be sure to have Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree playing in the background as you ready the food. And if you want a placemat for yourself or the family, grab a copy of our Printable Kevin McAllister’s Home Alone Battle Plan! We used an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock for ease and just “fit to page” in our printer settings, but you can easily make this bigger if you send it to a local print shop. Enjoy!
A Highly Nutritious Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
“Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.”
We’re not going to make this more complicated than it needs to be. Chances are you’re up for a Christmas Movie night but don’t really want to spend an hour in the kitchen, making real macaroni and cheese. Thankfully, Kevin McAllister uses Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Easy. Peasy. While Kevin gave the Kraft microwave macaroni and cheese dinner a whirl, we’re sticking to classic box mac and cheese. That way you can add as much butter, milk, cheese sauce, and mac as you like. 1 box serves 2 ( or 3), so if you’re making it for the fam, double or triple this recipe.
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Original
- 6 c. Water
- 4 tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 c. Milk of choice
Prepare per instructions on side of the box.
- Add 6 cups of water to a pan and boil
- Remove the cheese packet and set aside.
- Add macaroni to the boiling water. Cook for 7-8 minutes, until al dente, not mushy.
- Drain the macaroni in a colander and let sit while you move to step 5
- Using the same pan, return to the stove burner and set to low heat
- Add butter and milk, stir in until melted
- Once combined, add powdered cheese sauce from the packet. Stir in until creamy and there are no lumps
- Add macaroni back into the pan and stir gently, just until heated, then remove from stove.
This is literally the BEST Macaroni and Cheese method for box macaroni and cheese. And if you’re looking for a way to kick this up a notch you can add shredded cheddar cheese or parmesan as a topping.
Little Nero’s Lovely Cheese Pizza
“It’s Little Nero’s, sir. I have your pizza”
Another favorite Home Alone meal from the film is Little Nero’s Cheese Pizza. While you won’t find a Little Nero’s near you, you most likely have access to Little Ceasers, the pizza place after which Little Nero’s was modeled. So, to honor all pizza places and their diligent pizza delivery drivers, we recommend just ordering a Large Cheese Pizza from Little Ceasers (or your favorite pizza place) instead. There really is no need to make a pizza from scratch. Though, if you’re looking for something homemade, you can tackle a no yeast, no rise pizza recipe so you too can have pizza in under 20 minutes, with no fiddlin’ around.
Grab our Little Nero’s Pizza Box Cover for your next Home Alone Movie Night, whether staying home alone or entertaining a group! We crafted this image on a 16 x 20 piece of heavyweight paper that we had printed at Office Depot, as many Large Pizzas can have boxes up to 16″ square. You can grab the Little Nero’s Pizza Box Cover in a PDF and print it to whatever size you need.
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Snacks
Even with loads of carbs from dinner, we simply couldn’t have a Home Alone Christmas Movie Night without snacks. Here’s our favorite lineup of things to have within reach for your movie night.
“Are ya thirsty for More” Cocoa and Cocktails Bar
We love pulling together a drinks bar as soon as the weather gets chilly. Whether adding our favorite cocktails and mixers or hot cocoa and teas to the cart, it’s always nice to have a selection on hand. For this Home Alone Cocktails and Cocoa Bar, we chose favorites from the film. Grab our Are Ya Thirsty for More Sign to add a little flair to your bar cart.
- Hot Chocolate ( Check out our favorites in our Hot Cocoa Bar post.)
- Peppermint Sticks
- Marshmallow Fluff and/ or Whipped Cream
- Christmas Sprinkles
- “Champagne, please. It’s FREE isn’t it?” Champagne
“Eating Junk and Watching Rubbish” Snacks
If you’re not looking to fit into your skinny jeans, then take a look at Kevin’s favorite snacks. Plus we added a couple to honor other parts of Home Alone. Grab our Eating Junk and Watching Rubbish Bar Cart Sign, pick your favorites and settle in.
- Crunch Taters ( Lays Kettle Cooked Jalapeno and Cheddar Chips) or any Kettle Cooked BBQ and/ or Jalapeno Chips.
- Pepsi ( Though since we’ve warded off soda, an OlliPop or Izze can also constitute as “junk food”, if you’re looking for a healthier option.)
- Junior Mints and Sugar Babies ( from Buzz’s Room) . And we always have M&M’s on hand too. Any childhood candy will do.
- Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts ( Police Station food- “Rose, hyper on two”)
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Dessert
With their parents and siblings gone, finally, Kevin could raid the fridge for all the things he “can’t” eat when they’re around. So it’s no surprise, that he successfully finds all the fixings for a monster sundae without much difficulty. What kid doesn’t know there’s ice cream in the freezer? Even long after mom and dad have forgotten about it.
Kevin McAllister’s Homemade Ice Cream Sundae
Serves 1… but really more like 6.
- 12 scoops ice cream ( 1 qt Neopolitan Ice Cream (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry))
- 1 bottle of Chocolate sundae syrup
- 1 jar Marachino Cherries
Scoop your favorite ice cream into a large bowl. Pour swirls of chocolate syrup all over the scoops, and top with cherries. Share. We used Oatley non-dairy ice creams for this post, mainly because they’re beautiful ice creams, but you can use whatever brand is your favorite!
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Crafts & Activities
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Bingo Game
Much like our Disney+ and Hallmark Christmas Movie Bingo, Home Alone offers up scenes that are worth earning a square on a bingo card. You can grab our Home Alone Christmas Movie Bingo Game Printable for your movie night, to help make watching even more fun!
Home Alone Christmas Movie Trivia
Or maybe trivia is more your style? Take a look at the Home Alone Movie Trivia on IMDB to get an inside look at the happenings in the movie!
M & M Cookies and Carrots
If hosting your Home Alone Christmas Movie Night on Christmas Eve, be sure to leave out M&M cookies and Carrots for Santa and the reindeer.
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night Printables
As part of any special movie night, we always like to add a bit of flair. So for this post, if you find yourself NOT Home Alone, and want to make a party out of it, we have a few FREE PRINTABLES for you!
- Kevin McAllister’s Battle Plan: This is a 16 x 20 pdf of Kevin’s Battle Plan he used in the Home Alone Movie. It can be printed to any size if you choose “fit” on your printer settings, after choosing your desired paper size. While you’re not keeping away burglars, you may need to contain snack, drink, or dinner spills. As such this Home Alone printable works great as a placemat. You can also print it as a sign.
- Home Alone Bar Cart Signs: We shared both the “Are Ya Thirsty for More Drinks Cart” sign and the “Eating Junk and Watching Rubbish Snacks Cart” sign to help spruce up your spaces. These are in a 4 x 6 size, with landscape orientation for both. If hosting, we like them best in pedestal 4 x 6 picture frames from Target; available in brass or black.
- Home Alone Little Nero’s Pizza Box Printable: This printable pdf of the Home Alone Pizza Box is sized 16 x 16 so you can print at full size, or just fit to print a smaller pizza box as needed.
- Home Alone Movie Night BINGO: This set of 4 different Home Alone BINGO cards is in a single file PDF and can be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper or cardstock. With squares filled with opportunities for multiple guesses throughout the film, you never know when someone will get enough squares to have a bingo!
Christmas Movies that Uncle Frank Says Are Really Bad
Kevin, if Uncle Frank says no… then it must be really bad.
While Angels with Filthy Souls IS NOT A REAL MOVIE, the gangster films it was based on are real. In fact, the fictional film, Angels with Filthy Souls was based on Angels with Dirty Faces (1938) starring James Cagney and includes a variety of scenes that are “really bad.”
If you’re looking for other old movies featuring gangsters, cops, crime, and more that are set around Christmas time, you have a plethora to choose from! Plus you can check out the best Classic Film Noir for even more dastardly deeds caught on camera.
- The Godfather (1972)
- Goodfellas ( 1990)
- Die Hard (1988)
- Cover Up (1949)
- Edward Scissorhands ( 1990)
Home Alone Christmas Movie Night
So, there you have it! A complete lineup of everything Home Alone you can add to your movie night. And to help you get in the mood be sure to grab the Home Alone Soundtrack, by John Williams, whose amazing soundtrack only came to fruition after the original composer dropped out! and if you don’t own this film you can watch Home Alone on Amazon Prime or Disney+. Happy Holidays!