Love Mickey? Who doesn’t? Our favorite mouse who started it all, turned 90 in 2018, and we threw together a bunch of things to celebrate. So if you’re looking for Mickey Mouse party ideas, snacks, or decor inspiration, we decided to share a few ideas of our own if you want to celebrate Mickey’s birthday in the comfort of your own home!
This post includes affiliate links. For more info see this page .
Mickey Mouse Party Baking Essentials
We realize everyone may not have the time or skill to create some of these mind-blowing creations for a Mickey-themed birthday party. So we decided to keep it simple. There are a few things you’ll want on hand that can really make party planning easier. A few things we always have to make anything more “Mickey”.
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter– this will be your new best friend for all things Mickey-shaped! We use it for cookies(obviously), rice krispies, sandwiches, hand pies, the list goes on.
- Mini Oreos– need to add ears to something? Mini Oreos do the trick. Or if its a bigger something, regular Oreos work too! If you saw our Spring Mickey Treat post, then you’ll know that mini marshmallows can sometimes do the trick too!
- Black and Red Glitter Cardstock – keep the classic colors on hand to add a little bit of Mickey Magic anytime!
- Wilton Edible Glitter Gold Stars – we added these to our 90th version of the classic Mickey cupcake(more on that later)
- Wilton Gold Color Mist – use this to add some shimmer to cupcakes, cookies and more! We linked it to Amazon so you can see the product, but its available at JoAnn Fabrics for about $4 for one can.
- Gold Metallic Cupcake liners – we were actually lucky enough to find a multi pack that had red and silver as well and we found those surprisingly at Marshall’s! Feel free to pick and choose as you see fit and use these ideas as inspiration!
Mickey Mouse Party Decorations
We tried to keep the color scheme for Mickey’s Birthday Party simple and classic, like the mouse himself!
- Mickey Hole Punch -for confetti, to add to paper straws, etc
- Gold Inflatable Numbers – we actually got these in the Target dollar aisle, but you can find them on Amazon for fairly cheap as well.
- Gold Glitter Cardstock – another item we got from JoAnn’s and you can buy it in single sheets if you only need a little bit
We stuck with black, red, and gold, and of course, had to add shades of silver and gray to pay homage to Mickey in the black and white short films from 1928. To create the Happy Birthday banner, we used black cardstock, gold vinyl, and some yarn to hang it up. Super easy and we were thrilled with how it turned out! We used our Cricut to cut it all out, so it was a fun and easy little project. We also used the gold number balloons mentioned earlier as well as larger red number balloons to really elevate the décor. You could also add red and black crepe paper, regular balloons or red, gold or black hanging fans . The best part is you can be as simple or as extravagant as you want!
Mickey Mouse Party Food
You can’t have a party without food! Since we were keeping it simple, we decided to stick to a little savory, a little sweet and a cute drink.
Mickey Mouse Pizza Pockets
For the savory food, we made Mickey shaped pizza pockets. These are so simple and are hard to mess up. To make these, just buy refrigerated pie crust. Unroll it, and use your Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut out mini pizzas(two for each pizza pocket). Assemble the pizza using any toppings you’d like, then top with the second cut out, seal with a fork and cook about 15 mins until brown. Easy and delicious!
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
To add some sweetness to the mix, we chose to represent all eras of Mickey Mouse with 3 different cupcakes, silver, red and gold. Again, we tried to keep this simple.To make gray frosting, we added crushed Oreos into white buttercream to cupcakes in silver liners. For the red, we simply topped the frosting with red sprinkles in red liners.And for gold, we were happy to find some awesome edible gold glitter stars and gold color mist from Wilton(as mentioned earlier) and used gold liners. Add in your Mickey “ears” with the mini Oreos and Voila! you have Mickey cupcakes.
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats
We had to have Rice Krispy treats at the Party since they’re one of our favorite treats to get at the Parks. These are another treat you’ll want to use your Mickey Mouse cookie cutter on. Cut out the Mickeys and decorate! We stuck to white chocolate, topped with red sparkles and yellow M&Ms. But these are another treat that you can dress up any way you’d like!
Mickey Mouse Popcorn
No party is complete without some delicious popcorn! This popcorn mix was easy and fun and incorporated all of the colors of our favorite mouse. By adding red, yellow, black and brown M&M’s, this treat was a subtle nod to the Birthday Mouse without breaking the bank or taking too much time to assemble.
Mickey Mouse Party Drinks
To round out the celebration, we had to add a yummy drink! We stuck with non-alcoholic drinks for this, but actually took inspiration from this tutorial that is alcoholic. And substituted Pineapple Juice instead of OJ and cut out the champagne for our party, but feel free to follow the original recipe…..I mean really, who can say no to a mimosa?! We topped ours with orange slices for Mouse ears and added a super cute paper straw that we topped with Mickey confetti.
Mickey Mouse Birthday at Home
Put it all together and we were pretty happy with how it turned out. Add in some Mickey shorts DVDs, Disney trivia , or just some fun Disney music and you’ve got yourself a fun birthday Party for Mickey Mouse at home! So, do you plan to celebrate Mickey Mouse’s birthday party? What are your plans? Let us know, we’d love to hear your ideas!