Spring is here and Easter is just around the corner, so if you’re anything like us, you’re ready for sweet pastel treats! If you’re looking for a fun treat for Easter or just spring, we’ve created these Minnie Inspired Oreo Truffle pops that are sure to be a hit. And the best part? You only need a few ingredients!If you’re anywhere in the north, although spring is here, I’m sure you’re still seeing some pretty chilly temps. I am just going to say, I don’t dislike winter, I am just over it. This has been the longest winter we have had in a while and I need spring.
I need sunshine, warmer weather and flowers. But for now, I suppose I will just have to settle for making pretty spring treats and décor for my home.
How to make Mickey Cake Pops
I have been making these truffles for years and they have always been a favorite among my family and friends so I figured this year, why not add a Minnie twist to them?!
They’re pretty simple to make and you can make the decoration as easy/difficult as you want.Chop up your Oreos
Add the cream cheese and mix
Roll into balls
Attach your Minnie Ears using just a dab of melted white chocolate
I recommend putting them in the freezer once you’ve put the sticks in to help them set better.
Coat them in the White Chocolate
Cover them in Sprinkles
And add your bow!
Mickey and Minnie Cake Pops Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Truffles
1 package Oreos
1 package cream cheese
1 12 oz package White Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate melts- melted
Cake Pop Sticks
Food Coloring of choice
Minnie Bow mold(find one similar to what we used here)
1.Put Oreos in food processor and grind until oreos are coarse crumbs
2.Add Cream Cheese, mix until blended. Tip: Sometimes this is easier to mix with your hands
3.Roll into 1 inch balls and let set on wax paper.
4. Using a double boiler or microwave, melt white chocolate.
5. Set a few tablespoons of your melted chocolate aside. This will be for your bow. Using a few drops of food coloring of your choice, mix in white chocolate. Pour white chocolate into mold and let set in freezer while you are finishing up the truffles.
6. Attach mini marshmallows to side of truffle using melted chocolate, with the round end facing forward. Place stick through the top of truffle, just between the ears. Allow to set; may need to be placed in freezer for a few minutes for a firm set.
7. Coat truffles in white chocolate, by dipping truffle into chocolate and using a spoon to completely coat the truffle. Take off the excess chocolate using spoon and allow truffle to set for 1-2 minutes on wax paper.
8.After the white chocolate has started to dry, but is still wet, cover bottom half of truffle with sprinkles of choice. You can either dip these in sprinkles or sprinkle them on while turning them.
9. Once the truffle is dry, use a bit more melted white chocolate to attach your bow. The easiest way we found to do this was to put chocolate in the corners of the back of the bow, press down firmly into the ears and let set for a few minutes in the fridge.
10. Eat them!
These are a bit time consuming, but they’re completely delicious and totally worth it.
Hope you enjoy, happy Spring!
Spring Minnie Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- 36 mini marshmallows
- 18 cake pop sticks
- Spring Sprinkles
- Food coloring- you pick the colors!
- Step 1 Put oreos in food processor and grind until oreos are crumbs
- Step 2 Add cream cheese and mix until blended
- Step 3 Roll into 1 inch balls and let set on wax paper
- Step 4 Using a double boiler, melt white chocolate until creamy
- Step 5 Set a few tablespoons of your white chocolate aside and color(we chose pink) This will be for your bow. Pour colored chocolate into mold and let set in freezer.
- Step 6 Attach mini marshmallws to side of truffle, one on each side for ears.
- Step 7 Place cake pop stick in the middle of your truffle, between the ears
- Step 8 allow to set
- Step 9 Coat truffles in white chocolate and dip in sprinkles
- Step 10 Once white chocolate is dry, use a bit more white chocolate on the back of the bow and press down firmly
- Step 11 Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Mickey and Minnie Cake Pops”
Where did you get your bow mold?
We actually got it from the Disney Parks and I’m not sure if it’s something that is still available there, but you can find a similar one on Amazon here https://amzn.to/393xPIL
Hope that helps!
You must be logged in to post a comment.