Disney Plus brings new original series, Disney films coming out of The Vault, and access to tons of Disney content across Pixar, National Geographic, Marvel, Star Wars, and yes, even 30 seasons of The Simpsons. And now what seems to be an annual event is Disney+ Plus Day on November 12th. Offering a plethora of new shows, announcements, and original content, check out everything happening for Disney Plus day in the post. And if you still don’t have Disney Plus, here’s everything to know about the devices you can stream on, the cost, the shows, and how your family can share and download on this new platform.
Disney+(Disney Plus) Disney’s Streaming Service
Disney+ dusts off more than old classics for its new streaming service! Completely mind-blowing as an offering hopefully you don’t have anything planned when this new service launches this November. We can plan on seeing totally new stories created for this platform surrounding our favorite characters we already know and love, alongside classics and access to fresh-out-of-theater films. Follow Disney Plus news on the official Disney Plus site.
Where can you stream Disney Plus?
- Roku boxes and sticks and TVs
- Google Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Android phones, Android TV
- Apple TV (integrated with the TV app, available as in-app purchase)
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Sony PlayStation 4, Android-based Sony Smart TVs
- Amazon Fire Stick
How can you get Disney Plus?
Disney+ is FREE for the first year to Verizon Wireless customers who upgrade to Unlimited or 5G Home Internet. For more information check out the Verizon Disney Plus Offer.
What’s included in Disney Plus Streaming Service?
For a complete picture of what to expect with Disney+, check out this post. Long story short, this new service will include classic Disney films, marvel, star wars, and Disney channel original content. This is BIG NEWS! The price point is 6.99 a month or 69.99 a year, for access to almost the complete Disney Catalog! Including National Geographic, Pixar, Marvel, and more. “By the end of year one, Disney+ will house more than 7,500 episodes of television and 500 movies.”
- New Live-Action series feature Star Wars, Marvel, High School Musical, and More.
- New Animated Series and Shorts featuring Forky from Toy Story 4 and all our favorite Pixar characters, as well as new Star Wars Clone Wars and Marvel stories,
- Documentaries, Unscripted Series, and Live Specials highlighting the Disney craft, legends, filmmakers, animators, and the parks. Sounds like the complete Disney legacy will be chronicled. Add in a Jeff Goldblum-hosted series and the making of Frozen 2… and you won’t be leaving your sofa anytime soon.
- Original Films: Remember all those old VHS tapes and DVDs of your favorite Disney flicks.. now you can find them here.
- New Films: Made specifically for the streaming channel, we’ll see new Phineas and Ferb content, A Lady and the Tramp reboot and more.
- Movies and Shows from Disney Publishing: Timmy Failure and Stargirl are added to the lineup of books getting a television face-lift via Disney+, we’ll be sure to have more successful books turned into series here.
- Recent Releases: Disney will be showcasing new films like Maleficent, Frozen 2, Star Wars IX, and more on the service almost instantaneously to theater release.
- Disney Vault Classics
The Disney+ Streaming service literally gives “unprecedented” access to all things Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and National Geographic.
Disney Plus Details
Unlike our other favorite platforms, Netflix and Amazon Prime, there are more user profiles, simultaneous streams, and devices allowed on Disney Plus. Here’s the rundown.
- 10 devices
- 7 different user profiles
- Downloadable content
- Series released in weekly installments
- 4 simultaneous streams
Disney Plus Original Series
- High School Musical the Musical The Series
- Lady and The Tramp
- The Mandalorian
- Be Our Chef
- Muppets Now 2020
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Shop Class
- Rogue Trip
- Cinema Relics: Icon Art of the Movies
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe
- Forky Asks a Question
- One Day at Disney
- Togo December 2019
- Diary of a Female President January 2020
- Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made 2020
- Stargirl 2020
- Monsters At Work
- Chip ‘n Dale
- Three Caballeros
Reboots of the Home Alone, Night At the Museum, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Cheaper By the Dozen are in the works! And of course The Simpsons, as part of Disney’s Fox acquisition, will also be available on Disney Plus.
Disney Vault Content
Both old and new Disney classics alike will be available Disney Plus from Darby O’Gill and the Little People to Toy Story 4, there will be a plethora of Disney flicks at your fingertips. Leonard Maltin shared a lineup of his Top Picks at this year’s D23 Expo.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- The Reluctant Dragon
- The Story of Robin Hood
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People
- Mary Poppins
- Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier
Grab the Movies ahead of time on our Idea List here.
Star Wars Content
In addition to all the Star Wars films there are loads of new Star Wars Content.
- Cassian Andor Series
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Miniseries featuring Ewan McGregor
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- The Mandalorian
Marvel is taking over Disney Plus with new shows, films, and more. Check out the entire Marvel Movie and Television lineup in our Watching the Marvel Movies in Chronological Order post.
- Marvel 616 Documentary 2020
- Marvel’s Hero Project
- Ms. Marvel
- Moon Knight
- She Hulk
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- WandaVision Spring 2021
- Loki Spring 2021
- What if…? Summer 2021
- Hawkeye Fall 2021
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
What’s Happening on Disney Plus Day?
Now, as an annual event, Disney Plus Day happens on November 12th, the first anniversary of the streaming platform. And with it comes new shows, new episodes, and special programs. Disney Plus Day will cover new content across ALL of the Disney Plus properties including Star Wars, Marvel, National Geographic, Pixar, and Disney. We can also expect partner content on its bundle service Disney Bundle which includes both hulu and ESPN.
On Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company will host Disney+ Day, a global celebration that will come to life across all dimensions of the Company. Subscribers to Disney+ will be treated to new content releases across the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come. Additionally, the service will continue to engage new audiences around the world, as Disney+ expands into new Asia-Pacific markets on November 12.
Disney Plus Day Premieres November 12, 2021
In honor of the second anniversary of Disney+, subscribers will have access to promotions and experiences across the Company. Disney Parks and Resorts around the world and Disney Cruise Line will roll out the blue carpet for Disney+ fans with some surprise and delight moments including photo opportunities, character moments and more; shopDisney.com will have special offers; popular network shows and syndicated series will join in the celebration along with talent and series across ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN+, Freeform, FX, Hulu, National Geographic in the U.S., and on owned channels abroad.
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” is a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise. Perfect to add to our Disney Christmas Movie List.
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales.
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan-favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including “Frozen Fever,” Oscar®-winning shorts “Feast” and ”Paperman,” Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, “Get A Horse!” and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film “Luca”
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Subscribers to the service will be entertained with an inaugural Disney+ Day fan celebration on Disney+, which will include breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars.
Everything Disney Plus
No matter what your current binge-worthy show is, know that you can find even more to watch on Disney Plus! With new releases like Artemis Fowl coming direct to this streaming service, and original content, you can bet on having something to watch. Want to see more info on what’s streaming? Check out this post.