Our Harry Potter movie weekend has arrived again and we are making butterbeer and butterbeer pancakes. There’s nothing quite like the sweet, buttery goodness of butterbeer; so we always look forward to making all the butterbeer things we can during our Harry Potter Movie Marathon weekend.
Harry Potter Butterbeer Pancakes
These butterbeer pancakes are a bit of a labor of love, but they are definitely worth it. They’re rich, buttery and sweet. Alone, they may not seem to be the most standout pancake, but add the whipped cream and butterbeer syrup and you’ve got a decadent and delicious stack of pancakes.
What do you need for Butterbeer Pancakes?
To make all three components of these Harry Potter Pancakes, you’ll need:
- Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Mix (or pancake mix of your choice)
- Butterscotch pudding mix
- Caramel Coffee Creamer
- Butter Extract, or if you can’t find any, vanilla extract will work too
- Brown Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Caster or super fine sugar
- Milk of choice
- Gold Sprinkles
To make Butterbeer Pancakes
These pancakes are super simple and take just a few minutes to whip up. For the pancakes, you’ll need the Kodiak Cakes Mix, caramel creamer and water. Just add 1 c. mix with 1/2 c. water and 1/2 c. caramel coffee creamer. Cook on medium on griddle or frying pan. 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown.
To make Butterbeer Whipped Cream
For the butterbeer whipped cream, to the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment , add 1 c. heavy whipping cream, 3 TBSP butterscotch pudding mix and 2 TBSP caster sugar. If you don’t have a stand mixer, a regular handheld mixer will work too! Beat until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Try not to overmix!
To make Butterbeer Syrup
The most complicated part of this recipe is this butterbeer syrup. But it is definitely worth it! In a medium saucepan, add brown sugar, butter and milk. Stir until combined and warm until butter is melted and sugar dissolved. Once dissolved, add in baking soda. The mixture will get frothy. After 1-2 mins, remove from heat and add in butter extract. Enjoy hot!
Here is the full recipe!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Pancakes
- For the pancakes:
- 1 c. Buttermilk Kodiak Cakes or other buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Caramel Coffee Creamer
- For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 TBSP butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 TBSP Caster sugar or fine sugar
- For the Syrup:
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. milk (alternative milks will work too)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp butter extract
- Step 1 Mix 1 c. pancake mix, 1/2 c. water and 1/2 c. caramel coffee creamer until fully mixed.
- Step 2 On medium heat, using griddle or frying pan, cook pancakes until golden brown.
- Step 3 In a bowl of a stand mixer and with whisk attachment, add heavy whipping cream, butterscotch pudding mix and caster sugar.
- Step 4 Whip just until stiff peaks form. Set aside and refrigerate if not being used right away.
- Step 5 In a medium saucepan, add brown sugar, milk and butter and heat until sugar dissolved and all ingredients well combined.
- Step 6 Add baking soda and stir until frothy.
- Step 7 Remove from heat, add butter extract and stir
- Step 8 Top pancakes with whipped cream and hot syrup and enjoy!
Warm Butterbeer Recipe
Wondering how to make Warm Butterbeer? We love this warm cozy drink, especially for when we’re decorating our Harry Potter Christmas Tree. So far, we’ve shared our Cold Butterbeer Recipe, and Butterbeer Latte Recipe. And now this Warm Butterbeer Recipe as well. If you want to add a hot butterbeer to your breakfast, you’re in luck!
- 3- 4 tbsp butterbeer syrup, from the recipe above.
- 8 oz warm milk of choice
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
Add the 3-4 TBSP of the butterbeer syrup to 8 oz of warmed milk of choice. Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce and voila! This is creamy, cozy, delicious, and a perfect addition to a magical morning.
These Butterbeer pancakes are perfect for a Harry Potter movie marathon, or any time you feel a bit more magical than the average muggle. We hope you love this recipe and hope you love it too!
Melanie Renee is a photographer, writer, designer and mom. Visiting Disney destinations since 2010, she is also an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. When she's not creating her next coffee recipe, or designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's seeking beautiful sunsets and planning her next trip .