If you’re heading to Walt Disney World for the holidays and looking for some festive and free fun, look no further. This year Christmas at Walt Disney World Begins on November 12, 2021. And the Disney Boardwalk is a great place to visit. With loads of decorations at the Boardwalk Resorts, this hidden area of Walt Disney World goes all out! With entertainment, festive movies on the lawn, and seasonal meals and desserts there is plenty to do for the holidays on Disney’s Boardwalk.
Christmas Decorations at Disney Boardwalk Resorts
Of all the Disney Resorts at Walt Disney World, the Boardwalk Resorts are the ones that really step up their game for the festive season. Highlighting Gingerbread creations for the holidays, be sure to check out the resorts below for where to find the Gingerbread Displays at Walt Disney World.
Christmas at the Disney Boardwalk Inn Resort
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn has an atmosphere of the olden days at the seaside. Best known for a gingerbread version of Disney’s Boardwalk this gingerbread display includes cute storefronts of the Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria al Forno, and even a Ferris wheel. Each year this Disney gingerbread display changes, but we’ve even seen a chef Mickey in this display in the past, complete with Christmas cookies. You can find this display set up in the resort’s main lobby. Plus, you can also grab gingerbread goodies for sale.
Disney’s Yacht Club
Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club has a classic Christmas tree and is home to the Ale and Compass restaurant, featuring specialty meals throughout the season. Check out the Ale and Compass menu for the latest meals, specialty drinks, and seasonal desserts. Ale and Compass has a lounge as well as one of our favorite table-service breakfasts at Walt Disney World. Both budget-friendly and lowkey, this is a great place to get away from the holiday crowds at Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Beach Club Carousel
The Disney’s Beach Club Carousel is the piece de resistance of Walt Disney World Gingerbread displays, second only to the Grand Floridian’s Life-Size Gingerbread House. This carousel is part of history, with over 20 years of Gingerbread tradition at Walt Disney World. Artfully crafted to favorite Disney themes and movies, this Gingerbread Carousel is made entirely from gingerbread and frostings. With hidden Mickeys and authentic details specific to the theme. It’s by far one of the most meticulously detailed gingerbread displays on Disney property.
Christmas at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels
Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Hotels are Disney Deluxe Resorts that offer Disney Boardwalk access. These sister resorts are also within walking distance to and from EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Including holiday decorations, seasonal merchandise, and seasonal snacks, there’s so much to do for Christmas at the Swan and Dolphin. Be sure to check out the Swan and Dolphin Christmas Website for details on seasonal activities, and schedules.
- Santa’s Holiday Hangout at the Swan Pool. Visit with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and their elf Kandy Kane is available for a special visit at the Holiday Hangout at the Swan Pool. Offered from 6-8 pm on select nights throughout December. Pre-registration is required but available to all guests.
- Kandy Kane’s Holiday Movie Marathon. Available to all guests, you can tune into channel 49 at the Swan and Dolphin hotels to get access to 24 hours of holiday films, shows, and classics.
- Pastry Decorating. Kids can add decorations to cookies at the Holiday Hangout area at the Swan Pool. This holiday activity happens in the evenings from 6-8 pm, and reservations are required.
- Santa’s Dancing Lights spectacular. The palm tree-lined causeway that connects the Swan and Dolphin Hotel and lights up at night to the sounds of holiday music. This show loops every 10 minutes.
- Deck the Halls. As part of the holiday fun at Swan and Dolphin, there are holiday trees, gifts, and even Christmas cookies and milk to be had throughout the season.
- Chocolate Display. Featuring a Santa Sculpture that is made of 1286 pounds of chocolate at the Swan. This display can be found at the entrance of the Swan Hotel near the il Mulino New York Trattoria restaurant.
If Staying on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day.
- Holiday Treats. The restaurants at Swan and Dolphin Hotels offer a variety of holiday menus at restaurants across both hotels. Typically served up on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
- Santa’s Magic Key. Want to make sure Santa’s gifts make it to your room? If you’re staying on December 24th, you can get Santa’s Magic Key at the Concierge desk to hang on your door, to indicate you’d like your packages delivered.
Christmas Activities at the Disney Boardwalk
What is there to do on the Disney Boardwalk for Christmas? Holidays at Walt Disney World include festivities both in and out of the parks. Therefore providing loads of things to do, no matter how long your vacation. And whether you’re staying on the Disney Boardwalk at a Disney Resort for the holidays or just visiting for a free day at Disney, here is all the holiday fun you can find at the Disney Boardwalk across the resorts and shops.
Disney Resort Gift Shops
Each Disney Resort gift shop along the Boardwalk all includes specialty seasonal treats. You can grab pre-packaged Gingerbread Popcorn, Hot Cocoas, and even Christmas stocking stuffer treats and candies. These gift shops often also have all the holiday merchandise, pins, and Christmas décor that is hard to find elsewhere on Walt Disney World property. Therefore, grab it while it’s available!
Christmas at Disney’s Boardwalk Bakery
This bakery at Walt Disney World releases holiday treats throughout the Christmas season and is by far one of the best places to snag the latest holiday cupcake, cake, or cookie. Often featuring flavors like gingerbread, peppermint, chocolate, and caramel, holiday treats, and desserts get dressed up for the holidays. Check out all the Christmas Snacks at Walt Disney World. After all, Christmas only comes once a year, so indulge a little.
Market at Ale and Compass Seasonal Coffees and Snacks
Also within Disney’s Yacht Club is the Market at Ale and Compass. This grab-and-go market includes a variety of snacks and holiday merchandise. The Market also serves a Gingerbread Latte for the season, which is one of the only places you can find this drink! This is a great place to grab a quick breakfast or stop by for a browse of all the latest holiday merchandise.
Trattoria al Forno Holiday Menu
For both Thanksgiving and Christmas, one of our favorite restaurants, Trattoria al Forno, offers up specialty menus at Disney for the holidays. These are limited time only and require a reservation.
- Thanksgiving Sage & Thyme Oven-Roasted Turkey – Cornbread and sausage stuffing, sour cream-mashed Yukon gold potatoes, green beans and rainbow carrots with herb butter, cranberry citrus compote, pan gravy, and Parker House Rolls (available Nov. 25)
- Apple Crostata – Vanilla bean gelato, candied pecans, and caramel sauce (available Nov. 25)
- Mickey Eggs-in-a-Basket – Egg-filled butter brioche and classic pastrami hash with choice of ham, bacon, or sausage (available Dec. 19-31)
- Oak-grilled Char-crusted Ribeye – Amarone butter, truffle gnocchi, and balsamic-pancetta Brussel sprouts (available Dec. 19-31)
- Chocolate Cherry Bombe – Chocolate crunch mousse on a fudgy brownie base with cherry filling and amaretto panna cotta (available Dec. 19-31)
Holiday Movies on the Lawn
While all Disney Resorts hosts movies on the lawn for guests in the evenings, and display their own schedule, Disney Boardwalk Resorts offer a more visible Movie on the Lawn experience. Often setting up on the lawn out front at the Beach Club, you can see Chip and Dale setting up the movies. The Santa Clause, Mickey’s Christmas Carol, and Once Upon a Christmas are shown through the season at the resorts.
Disney Boardwalk Christmas Entertainment
Part of the experience of the Disney Boardwalk is experiencing the entertainment. Jugglers, magicians, and comedians, take to the boardwalk to display their craft. During the holidays these performers often change up their acts to include more holiday fun. You can find performers on the Boardwalk, just outside the Boardwalk Inn, and even inside the Boardwalk Inn lobby itself during colder evenings.
Disney Skyliner Resort Holiday Tour
The Disney Skyliner Station is located right next to the Disney Boardwalk at EPCOT’s International Gateway and offers the chance for a ride to and from the Disney Skyliner Resorts. Disney Skyliner Resorts include Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Resort, Pop Century, and Art of Animation. All of these resorts include Christmas Trees, specialty seasonal snacks in the bakery cases, and decorations across the property. Simply hop on the Disney Skyliner Gondola and stop at each resort along the way. This is a free fun and festive experience to add to your Disney Christmas Vacation.
EPCOT International Festival of Holidays at Disney
As a result of EPCOT Park’s proximity to the Boardwalk, we’re adding the Festival of Holidays to this lineup. If you’re staying on the Disney Boardwalk for Christmas heading to this EPCOT festival is worth the time, since the Boardwalk is only a short walk away. Featuring cultural treats honoring the holidays in each country you can see decorations, get seasonal snacks, and check out all the latest Disney merchandise.
Disney’s Boardwalk at Christmastime
There you have it! Everything that happens at Walt Disney World’s Boardwalk for the holidays! We hope this post has been helpful in helping you plan some Christmas fun at Walt Disney World’s Boardwalk.