The Epcot International Festival of the Arts runs January 17- February 24, 2020 and has quickly become one of our favorite reasons to hop a plane in the middle of Ohio winter and head to Florida. Better weather, lower crowds, amazing foods, performances, and a different festival vibe await!
So why should you consider attending the International Festival of the Arts? Here are just a few reasons
That’s right. LOW crowds. When we attended last year, the crowd levels were the lowest I had ever seen. Mind you, it was the first year the festival, but in general, aside from Run Disney events, January and early February are lower crowd months. Most vacationers aren’t planning their vacation right now, so you’ll likely see a lot of locals, but trust me when I tell you, empty parks are Heaven.
The weather is mild
So I hear right now, its actually a little too cold in Florida, but I think the entire country is feeling that chill this winter. Talk about climate change. But, for some people, this could be considerably better than, say 95 degree weather. I don’t mind hot weather, but can you turn down the humidity, Florida?! Anyway, if you prefer chilly over hot and humid, the weather just may be your new favorite thing right now.
So if there’s one thing you should know about us, its that we really enjoy food. The food is not only delicious, but it is so beautiful. The food options last year were fairly limited but they have upped their game this year, adding more cute foods(guys, Panda coconut rice, what?!) and more booths. So if you enjoy Epcot’s food booths, you’ll definitely want to check these out this year for all the new stuff.
Of course, we can’t forget about the whole reason for the festival! My favorite thing about the festival is that it is such an immersive experience. Not only can you meet the artists, but you can watch them as they create, and you can get in on the action yourself. With the community mural wall, its just like a paint by number and everyone can get involved in creating something wonderful. It was probably one of my favorite things from the festival last year!
Between the street performers, artists that paint to music and acrobats, there is a ton to see performance art wise! Taking 15 minutes out of your day to watch these Disney performers is always worth it.
You can also check out The Disney on Broadway concert series! Now offered every evening throughout the festival, this is phenomenal. So if you enjoy the performing arts, these are not to be missed. They are free and are included with admission to the Park, so be sure to check the schedule and see your favorites!
So have I convinced you?! I sure hope so, and if you’re headed to the festival this year, be sure to tell us what you loved!
Check out all our Epcot Festival of the Arts Posts
- Disney Photo Spots at Festival of the Arts
- Epcot Festival of the Arts 2020 Menus & Printable
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts Foods We Loved
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts: 7 Things To Do
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts: A Guide
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts: What’s New?
- Epcot’s International Festival of the Arts: 5 Reasons You Should Visit
- Festival of the Arts 2020 Merchandise Favorites
- Festival of the Arts at Epcot with Kids
- Festival of the Arts: How to Fit it into One Day
- Joffrey’s Coffee Crawl at Walt Disney World
- Our Top 10 tips for the Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- The New Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine at the Festival of the Arts