One of our favorite parts of attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party every year is seeing the Boo to You Parade. Absolutely our favorite Disney parade, we wanted to share our best Boo To You Parade Tips.
All about the Boo To You Parade
Halloween at Walt Disney World is one of our favorite times of year. We love it so much we’ve made this an annual tradition to visit the most magical place on earth. The combination of the Halloween Party, Food and Wine Festival, Free Dining and sometimes more milder weather is our idea of a fun, relaxing vacation away from it all. Check out all our posts on Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to get a good handle on everything you need to know.
We get it, you’re probably thinking- how many tips can a parade actually have? Well, you’d be surprised how your best efforts at picking the right parade, getting a good seat, taking pictures, and snacks to share can go awry. P.S. They can all go awry! Thankfully we’ve done a round up of the Boo to You Parade Tips. Here’s our best advice on how to maximize this parade experience. If you’ve footed the bill for Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World, get ready for the main attraction. It’s this. The Boo to You Parade. Get the Boo To You Parade Lyrics so you can start memorizing the song.
When Can you See the Boo to You Parade?
You can only see the Boo to You Parade at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. And believe us when we say, this is a big reason you buy the ticket! There are two parades, and times vary, but typically they are 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm.
Where Can You See the Boo To You Parade?
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party happens at Magic Kingdom, but in particular you can see the parade along the parade route. The Boo to You Parade Route starts in Frontierland, moves through Liberty Square turning right at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Heading towards Cindererlla’s Castle, the parade passes Sleepy Hollow and goes over the bridge. Take the roundabout in front of Cinderella’s Castle, the Boo To You Parade wraps the loop and heads straight down Main Street USA, heading towards the train station. Looping the Main Street Town Square round about the parade exits the park at the Fire Station.
Where are the BEST Boo to You Parade Viewing Locations?
The best spots to watch the parade are either in Frontierland on the porch of the Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, facing the river or on Main Street in either roundabout area. Anywhere on Main Street is great for a parade, but if you’re a photographer aim for the green space right in front of the Railway station. Because frankly, for pictures it’s all about the background right- and you want the castle there if you can get it.
Here’s a map of the parade route you can download for a first look. We like these choices because the first one is usually less crowded than the front of the park, and you’re close to a snack shop with popcorn, goodies, and caramel apples for the parade. The second one on Main Street is great, but you will have to save your seat well ahead of time, about an hour.
Disney Pro Tip: if you see a Cast Member roping off the area by where you’re sitting, they may not tell you until the last minute that you will have to move. This sometimes happens when spaces are reserved for paid dinner event guests. Be proactive and ask them if it’s ok to stay where you are. It will be better than being told 2 minutes before the parade starts that you have to find somewhere else to go.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Crowds
Ah, the crowds! While we don’t know what this will look in the future, in 2019 we saw record crowds, and what seemed to be unlimited guests attending Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party. That said give yourself a break and make your day extra easy to begin with.
- Don’t go into the parks during the day. Spend it at a resort, or Disney Springs or cruising the monorail or skyliner. De-stress before the party. That way you can change into your Halloween outfit and head to the parks at 4 pm to check in with some ease.
- Attend the second Parade at 11:15. The first parade is always the most crowded and Main street starts getting filled up for the Boo to You Parade around 7pm. And while we love this parade, no one should be holding their spot on Main Street for 2 hours. It’s an expensive party, make the most of it!
- Tackle popular rides or character meets around the first parade time. Everyone will naturally be getting their spots for the parade and rides and character lines will lessen around 8:30 pm
More Boo To You Parade Tips
- Don’t Miss the Beginning of the Parade: The Headless Horseman, from the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, opens the parade, on days when the horse behaves that is. It really is the coolest thing to see, but sorta scary for little ones… so keep that in mind. You can see this in action in our Boo To You Parade Photo Tour!
- Learn the Lyrics! The song for the Boo to You Parade is seriously the most fun thing and something you will be singing all Halloween Season. Check out our Boo To You Lyrics Post for the entire Boo to You Parade script. Head to YouTube to listen to the soundtrack for the Boo To You Parade.
- Grab snacks ahead of time. You can make this fairly simple by grabbing something like popcorn or mickey bars from a cart on your way to your viewing spot. But if you’re hoping for some Starbucks send one person, about 30 minutes ahead of parade time. That way you can hold your viewing spot.