If there’s anything we’re always ready to learn more about, it’s where to find the Best Breakfast Places at Walt Disney World. Mainly because a lot of our Disney Vacation experience is usually about food. We LOVE trying new restaurants, especially if it brings us to an amazing resort like the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. While we generally visit the Grand Floridian Resort at least once a trip, we had not yet eaten at the Grand Floridian Café and just had to try it. Here’s everything to know if you’re thinking about adding a Grand Floridian Brunch to your trip.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort has a lot going for it. As home to the Grand Floridian Character Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins, we love popping in for breakfast at this resort. And of course, dinner at 1900 Park Fare plays host to Cinderella, the Stepsisters, and the Evil Stepmother too, so we’re always in good company there. As grown-ups, we love the Disney Adult Lounges at Walt Disney World and the Grand Floridian offers two great spots to grab drinks. You can usually find us at the Enchanted Rose Lounge or Citricos Lounge before any evening events at Magic Kingdom, just grabbing a quick bite. And of course, if it’s available, we book the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge on almost every Disney Vacation we take.
As such when we heard about this Grand Floridian Brunch spot that was not only budget-friendly, but also perfect for any Girls Trip to Disney World, or Mother and Daughter Trip to Disney, we just had to try it. With the promise of amazing food, and gorgeous views of the courtyard, we were excited to finally add the Grand Floridian Cafe to our Disney Restaurant Reviews. Here’s everything you need to know about Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.
The Grand Floridian Café Breakfast at Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Stopping amid the chaos of a whirlwind Disney Vacation is always a good idea. And booking a Brunch at Walt Disney World can help with that. Mainly because brunch is the best reason we can find to take it easy and go slow. Something we find a little tough while at Walt Disney World. So, we booked a reservation for a late morning meal and escaped the arriving crowds at Magic Kingdom.
Grand Floridian Café Atmosphere
We love being at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. Having stayed there just once was enough to bring us back during our trips. Whether it’s for the new snacks at Gasparilla Island Grill, Afternoon Tea, or just for a break from the heat lounging in the lobby. We love this atmosphere, gift shops, and grounds. This breakfast spread at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is super elegant! The lounge is housed in an amazing glassed-in conservatory that overlooks the garden. The atmosphere at the Grand Floridian Café is much like what you would expect; quiet, calm, and relaxing. Complete with roses on the tables, linens, and quiet music.
Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast
Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe starts with some really delicious biscuits and jams while you’re waiting which is great if you’re hungry. We had started the day early to grab some Starbucks from Magic Kingdom and get some pictures before the crowds really started to roll in, so we were definitely ready for food by the time we made it to our mid-morning reservation.
What Time is Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe?
Breakfast and Grand Floridian Brunch, which is the same menu, os offered from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Note that there is no difference between visiting the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast or brunch.
Does the Grand Floridian Cafe Have a Dress Code?
The dress code at the Grand Floridian Cafe is casual wear though, as expected in a restaurant this nice, we saw many people nicely dressed. No swimsuits are allowed.
Grand Floridian Café Breakfast Menu
The Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast Menu is just what you would expect from a classier, lakeside resort-type restaurant. With a variety of traditional breakfast foods, you could also grab seafood, and signature favorites like the Grand Floridian Brunch Burger.
Grand Floridian Brunch Appetizers
Appetizers on the Grand Floridian Breakfast Menu include a variety of options. These are priced between $12-$17.
- Seasonal Soup
- Shrimp Ceviche: Poached Shrimp, Key Lime, Toy Box Tomatoes, Fresno Chili, Chili-Lime Wonton Chips
- Heirloom Apple Salad: Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette
- Caramelized Onion Soup Gratin: Traditional French Onion Soup
- Avocado Toast: Avocado, Fire-roasted Tomatoes, and Micro Greens on Multigrain Toast (Plant-based)
Grand Floridian Brunch Salads
As part of the breakfast and brunch offerings at the Grand Floridian Cafe, you can also grab salads, yogurts, and oats. These dishes range between $10-$18.
- Roasted Tomato and Feta Quiche: Spinach, Feta, and Roasted Tomato baked in a delicate Pastry Crust
- Caesar Salad: Romaine tossed with Caesar Dressing
- Caesar Salad with Marinated Grilled Chicken: Romaine tossed with Caesar Dressing
- Caesar Salad with Shrimp: Romaine tossed with Caesar Dressing
- Bananas Foster-style Steel-cut Oatmeal: Served with a Freshly Baked Banana Bread Muffin
- Fruit and Yogurt: Fresh Fruits, choice of Yogurt, Fig Cake, and House-made Granola
Grand Floridian Brunch Menu
There are also a variety of traditional breakfast options, pancakes, and benedicts. As these are the main entree they typically range between $15- $28 depending on what you order.
- Steak and Eggs: Sirloin Steak, Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole, Two Eggs, and House-made Steak Sauce
- The Grand Breakfast: Two Eggs served with Bacon, Sausage, and Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Reuben: Traditional Reuben Sandwich served with Steak Fries
- Buttermilk-fried Chicken and Waffle: Hand-breaded Chicken Breast and Malted Waffle with Sriracha-Honey Drizzle
- Grand Floridian Café Signature Burger: Artisanal 7-oz Burger Patty with Brie, Bacon-Pepper Jam, Roasted Garlic Aïoli, and Arugula on a Brioche Bun served with Café Signature Waffle Fries
- Impossible™ Burger: Caramelized Onions and Plant-based Smoked Gouda on a Kaiser Roll (Plant-based)
- Miso-glazed Salmon: Lemon-scented Sticky Rice, French Beans, and Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
- Old-fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes with Bacon or Sausage
- Brioche French Toast: Madagascar Vanilla Bean-scented Brioche French Toast served with Bacon or Sausage
- Mickey-shaped Waffle: Malted Waffle served with Bacon or Sausage
- Traditional Eggs Benedict: Two-poached Eggs, Canadian Bacon, and Hollandaise on a Toasted English Muffin served with Marinated Tomato Salad
- Smoked Salmon Florentine Benedict: with Spinach Florentine, Roasted Tomato, and Hollandaise on a Toasted English Muffin served with Marinated Tomato Salad
Breakfast Foods We Tried
Floridian Pancakes. The showstopper on the Grand Floridian Cafe Menu is the Floridian pancakes. These delicious pancakes have pecans, cranberries, and orange butter for a very nice, citrusy flavor. The pancakes were great, but it was a little too much for G to eat as the portion sizes were pretty generous. She also got a tropical splash which is blended strawberries and orange juice. Very refreshing!
Build Your Own Omelets. Rochelle and I both got build-your-own omelets, which essentially just had vegetables and cheese along with a French press of coffee. The omelets were pretty basic but good. And they came with a hashbrown casserole that was pretty great too. But absolutely perfect for a light brunch before a day in the parks.
Grand Floridian Cafe Kids Menu
They also have a kids menu if you’re dining with children, which is the standard breakfast menu for kids. This basically means your kids will be happy to know that Mickey-shaped waffles and pancakes are definitely an option here. Check out the Grand Floridian Cafe Menu for all the options.
Grand Floridian Brunch Cocktails and Desserts
If you’re hoping to really ease into your day, know that there is a variety of decadent desserts and specialty cocktails at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Perfect for sipping and savoring.
Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast Service
We were lucky enough to have a fantastic waiter named Robert, who kept us entertained the entire time and really enhanced our experience. Overall, we loved the Grand Floridian Café. It’s always great to be at the Grand Floridian, and with the service, the delicious food, and the relaxing atmosphere, it was a much-needed break from a busy vacation.
Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast Cost
Most surprising was the cost of the Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast. Budget-friendly at about 25 bucks a person, depending on what you order, we were thrilled to see that you could actually have a really nice breakfast at Disney World under the $30 per person mark.
Is the Grand Floridian Cafe Good?
Yes, we just loved everything we had and would highly recommend it. So whether you’re looking for an inexpensive, relaxing girls’ brunch complete with mimosas, or a chill breakfast with the family, the Grand Floridian Café is definitely worth checking out! We hope you get some downtime to head to this Disney Resort Restaurant for a decadent breakfast and some relaxation!
Melanie Renee is a photographer, writer, designer and mom. Visiting Disney destinations since 2010, she is also an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. When she's not creating her next coffee recipe, or designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's seeking beautiful sunsets and planning her next trip .