If there’s one thing we love on every Disney Cruise Line Ship, it’s the entertainment. With Broadway-style shows, you’d better believe we carve out an hour of our evening every day onboard and impatiently wait for the shows to begin. But do you know what else we also really love? THE FOOD. So when two of our favorite onboard things are combined into one-you guessed it!- dinner and a show, we know it’s gonna be good. And we are here to tell you all about Rapunzel’s Royal Table onboard the Disney Magic!
Which Disney Cruise has Rapunzel?
The Disney Magic features the Rapunzel Royal Table Restaurant and a Broadway-style show. The Disney Magic may not be the fanciest or largest ship, but if you’re a Tangled fan, then this just may be the ship for you. First of all, you should know we are huge Tangled fans. Was the movie vastly underrated?! Um, yes it absolutely was. Did we watch the Tangled Series? You can bet on it. Do we sometimes walk around our house belting out “I’ve Got a Dream”? That’s for you to figure out, but you get the point. We love Tangled. So when we decided to cruise on the Disney Magic and saw that they not only had a Tangled Broadway show but also a Tangled-themed restaurant, we knew it was meant to be.
As I mentioned before, we love the Broadway-style shows onboard Disney Cruise Line and Disney Magic has one of the most amazing Tangled shows. It was probably our favorite show on this ship, so the fact that we were also able to attend Rapunzel’s Royal Table on the same night as the show was pure magic! Ok, so enough about our love for Tangled and on to the review of the restaurant!
Rapunzel’s Royal Table Restaurant on the Disney Magic
Rapunzel’s Royal Table is a celebration of Rapunzel’s birthday and the anniversary of her coming home. Not only does this celebration feature both Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, but also a few of their ruffian friends from the Snuggly Duckling. This isn’t a traditional character dining experience like you might see at Walt Disney World, as it’s a lot more immersive as a whole experience, rather than just meeting characters. We don’t want to spoil too much, but if you’re a Tangled fan, we think you’ll love this one.
Rapunzel’s Royal Table Menu
Like all of the restaurants on Disney Cruise Line, the food here is really quite impressive. And remember, since it’s technically all included in your cruise, it’s all you care to enjoy. We personally tend to order one item from each category, but you are more than welcome to order multiple appetizers, desserts, and even entrees.
The menu changes from time to time, but you’ll likely see appetizers like ravioli and a soup selection as well as classic dishes like prime rib, angel hair pasta with scallops, and desserts like a towering chocolate cake and crème Brulee cheesecake. As with all dining options on Disney Cruise Line, there are vegetarian options, a kids menu and if you have a food allergy or sensitivity, they can accommodate pretty much anything. We enjoyed everything we ordered and as usual for Disney Cruise Line, the service really just can’t be beaten. Rapunzel’s Royal Table Menu as of September 2023.
- Pretzel Bread with Whole-Grain Mustard Dip
Appetizers at Rapunzel’s Royal Table
- Snuggly Duckling Platter A selection of Charcuterie with Pumpernickel and German Mustard
- Ravioli “Tiroler” Filled with Pulled Beef and Portobello Mushrooms tossed in a Red Wine-Thyme Reduction served with Roasted Carrots and Pearl Onions
- Crispy Arendelle Shrimp with Pea Purée, Fried Potato, Pancetta, and Pea Shoots served with a Lemon-Tarragon Caper Mayonnaise
- Ahi Tuna Tartar with Basil, Cucumber, Mango, Wasabi, Sesame Wonton Crisp, and a sweet Chili-Mayonnaise
From the Kettle
- Potato Cream Soup with Carrots, Leeks, Celery, and Knockwurst
- Green Asparagus and Broccoli Soup with Buttered Croutons
- Maximus Salad Cucumber Salad, Potato Salad, and Carrot Salad topped with Baby Oakleaf and Lolla Rosa
- Romaine Wedge and “Hot” Smoked Salmon Salad with Raspberries, Candied Pecans, and Brie Cheese served with a creamy Lemon-Parsley Dressing
- Pan-seared Sea Bass Filet with White Asparagus, Leeks, Spinach, Broccoli, Peas, Tangled Kohlrabi and Carrots served with a Champagne-Truffle Vinaigrette
- Flynn Rider Platter Grilled Smoked Pork Loin served with Roasted Smoked Pork Belly, Bockwurst, Braised Red Cabbage, Fried Potato Dumpling, and a Spätburgunder Wine Jus
- Tangled Pasta Angel Hair Pasta tossed in Basil-Pesto with Caramelized Sea Scallops, Roasted Vine Tomatoes, and a Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade served with Roasted Meyer Lemon
- Oktoberfest Lemon and Thyme Roasted Chicken with Fondant Potato, Buttered Kale, Baby Turnips, Romanesco, and a Red Wine-Chicken Jus
- Captain of the Guards Roasted Prime Rib of Beef with a Double Baked Potato, Broccoli, Sweet Roasted Carrots, and a Red Wine-Veal Sauce
- Spinach, Zycchini, Eggplant, and Riçotta-filled Potato Crêpes Baked in a Tomato Provençal Sauce and topped with Buffalo-Mozzarella Cheese and Basil
- Chili-spiced Tofu Ramen with a Soy-Vegetable Stock, strands of Rice Noodles, Shiitake Mushrooms, Baby Bok Choy, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Cilantro
Lighter Note Offerings
- Lobster Salad with Green and White Asparagus Spears, Radish Green Onions, Cucumber, Avocado, Spinach, Escarole, and Arugula tossed in a Citrus-Parsley Dressing
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak
- Slow Roasted Breast of Chicken
- Oven Baked Fillet of Salmon
- The above three entrées are served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato
- Rapunzel’s Fry Pan Sweet Bread Fry Bread dusted with Powdered Sugar with Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce and served in Rapunzel’s Fry Pan
- Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Layer of Baked Cheesecake with Caramelized Crème Brûlée served with Fresh Whipped Cream
- Warm Braided Apple Strudel served with Vanilla Sauce and Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Birthday Cupcake Sundae Butter Cupcake with Strawberry Compote, Birthday Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and topped with Celebration Confetti
- Gothel Black Forest Tower Rich Chocolate Crème, Cherry Compote, and Chocolate Cake Tower
No Sugar Added Dessert
- Lemon-Raspberry Mousse Bombe Citrus Lemon Mousse embedded with Fresh Raspberries
Specialty Cocktails and Mocktails
- Floating Lantern
Belvedere Mango Passion / Moët Ice
- The Smolder
Bellini / Limoncello / Pineapple Cotton Candy / St. Germain
- Three-Pour Tasting Flight
Jos. Christoffel Jr Urziger Wurzgarten Riesling Auslese
SA Prum Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spatlese
Muller-Catoir Haartet Burgergar
- Pascal Punch
Odwalla Mango Tango / Coconut / Strawberry Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
- Rapunzel’s Tower Tea
Jasmine White Tea / Orange Passion / Raspberry
Rapunzel’s Royal Table Show
The entertainment at Rapunzel’s Royal Table is by far our favorite part of this experience. Complete with music and dancing, this celebration is fully interactive! You can meet Rapunzel and Flynn as well as dance with them and the ruffians toward the end of dinner. This is such a fun experience and in the way of character meals, it may be one of our favorite ever! Again, without too many spoilers here, if you’re a Tangled fan, this experience really is a dream, especially since none of the Disney Parks have anything quite like it. You can participate as much or as little as you like, but our servers were very good at convincing us to get up and have some fun, and one of the ruffians even ended up dancing with my daughter for part of the show and that’s not something you see every day!
Rapunzel’s Royal Table Review
Overall, we absolutely loved Rapunzel’s Royal Table and even if you’re not into “fancy dining” on the cruise ship, we think this is one you shouldn’t skip! With great food, tons of fun, and an experience you can’t get anywhere else, this restaurant has been our favorite onboard dining yet!
Melanie Renee is a photographer, writer, designer and mom. Visiting Disney destinations since 2010, she is also an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. When she's not creating her next coffee recipe, or designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's seeking beautiful sunsets and planning her next trip .