Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disney is an experience unlike any other! While there are amazing rides, food, and shopping the biggest change is an immersive experience. This land encompasses more Disney cast members than ever before just to provide an experience that makes you feel like you are on the planet Batuu. You can also take part in the immersive app or build your own droid that allows you to interact with the land. Plus, last minute missions and escapes can happen at a moments notice, so be ready. Will you be part of the Resistance or helping Darth Vader with the First Order? Impromptu experiences await. Here’s everything to look forward to.
Everything happening at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
From restaurants to rides to meet and greets. Below is the list of all the things current and upcoming things arriving at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. Be sure to read our 5 MUST DO’s at Galaxy’s Edge.
Legend | FP=Fast Pass Recommended, TS= Table Service, Reservation Required, QS= Quick Service, Walk up counter
Star Wars Photo Ops:
▢ Tatooine Wall ( Current) WDW
This is a somewhat hidden wall right outside the gift shop exit of Star Tours. If you’re heading towards the Muppets 3D building you’ll pass it. But as you can see from above, a super fun spot for a photo.
▢ Millennium Falcon Ship
Construction on this larger than life replica of the Millennium Falcon started last month and will be the focal point for guests entering through the large gateway into Galaxy’s Edge. This will be THE photo spot for just about everyone, so get ready to wait to your turn.
Star Wars Area Attractions
▢ Star Tours (FP)
Travel to Crait, Naboo,the Death Star and variations on 26 different locations you’ve seen in the films.
▢ Star Wars Launch Bay (FP)
The hub of all the Star Wars character meet and greets at this point. You can also watch a small film in this building, perfect for rainy Disney days. You can also spot Star Wars props from the films and interact with the Jawa characters that roam around the bay.
▢ Jedi Training Academy (FP)
The best place to get your little ones ready for their Jedi training. This is open to children who are ready to become one with the force. A perfect experience for your future jedi, just on a small outdoor stage at the entrance of Star Tours.
Star Wars Character Meet and Greets
▢ BB8 (FP)
▢ Darth Vader (FP)
▢ Rey (FP) ( Disneyland)
Galaxy’s Edge Attractions
Note: Galaxy’s Edge Attractions at present DO NOT HAVE Fast Passes.
▢ Rise of the Resistance Ride
( In-park boarding pass system requires you to be IN THE PARK in order to claim your spot in line for rise of the resistance.)
- Walt Disney World
This is trackless dark ride that incorporates a battle between the Resistance and the First Order. No official name has yet been released but “First Order Battle Escape” is currently being used. Disney also shared that this ride will be on a scale larger than they have done before.
▢ Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Ride
A new ride with simulations similar to Star Tours and Pandora’s Flight of Passage, .
This is a ship you’ll be able to pilot and a mission that could earn you “galactic credits”. There has been some suggestion that in line with the immersion experience, if you perform poorly on this ride, you may find trouble at the Cantina. What’s more is that your success on this ride depends on the skill of the other riders that accompany you- as all will have different roles to make sure the flight is successful. Drama ensues.
Galaxy’s Edge Shopping
All shops will be opening throughout the Fall and early Winter for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Merchant Row (2019-2020)
This will be an outdoor market filled with trader carts. We have yet to hear if there will be haggling but “bustling marketplace” is the feeling this small street in Batuu will embody. Several shops are located here.
▢ Droid Depot : Create your own droid or buy one pre-built. These little guys will interact with the land.
▢ Savi’s Workshop: Create your own light saber.
▢ Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities: Souvenirs and “rare” items for sale.
▢ Creature Stall: Unusual beasts from across the galaxy to oogle and purchase.
▢ Resistance Supply: All your resistance gear. Apparel and Accessories
Star Wars Shopping
▢ Tatooine Traders Gift Shop
No typical star wars merchandise will actually be found “in” Galaxy’s Edge. So your non-Batuu merch is found at the exit of the Star Tours ride, this shop has all things Star Wars. Current Galaxy’s Edge merchandise in anticipation of the opening has already been released here and on the Disney ShopParks app.
Galaxy’s Edge Restaurants and Snacks
There are no dining reservations available for the restaurants in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. Quick Service locations will be available for Quick Services Restaurants as follows.
- Oga’s Cantina
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Milk Stand
- Ronto Roasters
- Kat Saka’s Kettle
▢ Oga’s Cantina (QS)
This Cantina replicates the ones we see in the Star Wars films usually involving Han Solo and some brawl. The alien characters will all too supposedly be part of this immersion experience. You will see them everywhere.
Alcoholic Morning Specialties
- Spiran Caf – Peru Alto Mayo Organic Joffrey’s Coffee, orange marmalade, rum, vanilla whipped cream, and citrus zest
- Bloody Rancor – vodka, chile liqueur, spicy Bloody Mary mix, and rancor bone
Alcoholic Afternoon and Evening Specialties
- Fuzzy Tauntaun – peach vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice with tangerine, pure cane sugar, and “buzzz” foam
- Jedi Mind Trick – grapefruit and rose vodka, falernum, blue curaçao, white grape juice, lime juice, and grapefruit bitters
- The Outer Rim – silver tequila, açaí liqueur, lime juice, pure cane sugar, black salt, and exotic fruit purée
- T-16 Skyhopper – vodka, melon liqueur, kiwi, and half & half
- Dagobah Slug Slinger – reposado tequila, blue curaçao, citrus juices, ginger, herbs, and bitters
- Jet Juice – bourbon, chile liqueur, açaí liqueur, white grape juice, and lemon juice
- Yub Nub – pineapple rum, spiced rum, citrus juices, and passion fruit
- Bespin Fizz – rum, yuzu purée, pomegranate juice, white cranberry juice, and cloud swirl
Non Alcoholic Morning Specialties:
- Black Spire Brew – Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee, honey, falernum, passion fruit, and citrus
- Moogan Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, chocolate milk, vanilla, and cinnamon
- Tarine Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, peach, huckleberry, and mint
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie
Non Alcoholic Afternoon and Evening Specialties:
- Cliff Dweller – citrus juices, coconut, hibiscus-grenadine, and Seagram’s Ginger Ale
- Hyperdrive (Punch It!)– Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, white cranberry juice, black cherry purée, and Sprite
- Jabba Juice – Simply Orangewith pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe, and blueberry popping pearls
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie
- Blurrgfire – lemonade, pomegranate juice, and habanero-lime
- Carbon Freeze – Powerade Lemon Lime, wild strawberry, blueberry, and green apple popping pears
- Oga’s Obsession – lemonade, cotton candy flavor, and blueberry popping pearls with a bursting dried fruit mixture
▢ Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (QS)
This cantina serves similar fare as the main restaurant, including the Blue Milk Luke Skywalker made famous in Star Wars IV: An New Hope.
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs – sticky pork ribs served with a blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw
Fried Endorian Tip-yip – crispy chicken served with roasted vegetable potato mash and herb gravy
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – chilled shrimp served with marinated noodles and vegetables
Roasted Endorian Tip-yip Salad – marinated chicken served with mixed greens, roasted seasonal vegetables, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, and green curry ranch
- Felucian Garden Spread (lunch only) – plant-based “kefta” served with herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish, and pita
- Braised Shaak Roast (dinner only) – beef pot roast served with cavatelli pasta, wilted kale, and mushrooms
- Ithorian Garden Loaf (dinner only) – plant-based “meatloaf” served with roasted vegetable potato mash, seasonal vegetables, and mushroom sauce
- Oi-oi Puff – raspberry cream puff with passion fruit mousse
- Batuu-bon – chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and coffee custard
All Meals include choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani Water
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad (Disney Check) – chilled shrimp served with noodles, vegetables and sweet orange dressing
- A Taste of Takodana (Disney Check) – black bean hummus served with edible soil with nuts, chilled dipping vegetables, and multi-grain crisps
- Fried Endorian Tip-yip – crispy chicken served with macaroni & cheese and seasonal vegetables
Specialty Beverages without Alcohol:
- Moof Juice – Simply Fruit Punch and Simply Orange with chipotle-pineapple
- Phattro – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla Lemonade, and desert pear
- Batuubucha Tea – Suja Pineapple Passionfruit Kombucha
▢ Ronto Roasters (QS)
BBQ pit Quick Service walk up counter. Complete with whiny robot complaining about his job.
- Ronto Wrap – roasted pork and grilled sausage with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in pita
- Nuna Turkey Jerky – choice of sweet or spicy
- Tatooine Sunset – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, Odwalla Lemonade, melon, and blueberry
- Sour Sarlacc – Minute Maid Limeade, raspberry, and spicy mango
- Meiloorun Juice – pineapple, Simply Lemonade with blueberry, white cranberry juice, lemon juice, and desert pear
▢ The Milk Stand (QS)
Blue Milk and Green Milk stand. This is said to be a plant-based milk.
- Blue Milk
- Green Milk
- Bubo Wamba Family Farms Novelty Drink Vessel
▢ Kat Saka’s Kettle (S)
Popcorn cart featuring a colorful savory and sweet popcorn called Outpost Mix.
- Outpost Popcorn Mix – colorful blend of sweet and spicy flavors, popped in coconut oil
- MSE-6 Series Repair Droid Souvenir Popcorn Vessel
- Specialty Bottled Beverages – Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dasani
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge App Integration
This is the first land to be integrated with the Disney Parks My Experience App through Disney Play. You can also learn to speak the language, and take on missions through this integration. The app also allows you to hack door control panels, scan codes across the park and play games. See How to Play the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Game
Star Wars Immersion Resort at Walt Disney World
▢ Galactic Starcruiser Star Wars Hotel
This new Star Wars hotel offers a unique 2 nights or more vacation experience on a Halcyon Galactic Starcruiser ship. Combining luxury accommodations with views to the galaxy and Star Wars characters strewn throughout the resort, this completely immersive Star Wars experience is booking soon, but official dates of opening are not yet announced. Plans so far include that rooms have full digital screens that allow them the experience of looking out into the galaxy from their “windows”. Bunk Beds for the children make it feel like accommodations on a spaceship. Another completely immersive experience, guests will check in among the aliens sharing the hotel, be able to take light saber training and go on missions. Guests staying here are immersed in the hotel experience and then walk out of the hotel directly into Galaxy’s Edge to be immersed in the attraction experience.
What We Know About Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Galaxy’s Edge in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios is 14 acres. For context, those who have visited Toy Story Land will remember that covers 11 acres.
- Galaxy’s Edge is stationed on the planet Batuu. For those Star Wars fanatics out there wondering how they can learn more about this planet, Batuu appears in the novel called Star Wars: Thrawn Alliances, by Timothy Zahn. Rumors around town are that we will also see Batuu in Star Wars Episode IX. The whole feeling of Batuu has been likened to the real-world Marrakesh. Bustling, filled with people who are on their way to something. Adventurers, smugglers, rogue traders and people who are hiding from the First Order.
- Galaxy’s Edge is located at the Black Spire Outpost. Think of a secret hideaway for the outlaws of space.
- Star Wars characters from the movies will be working this new land. Running the gift shop counters, the quick service, and the line queue, as well as walking around as part of the experience. Immersive to the max. You could also see Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, BB-8, and Chewbacca. And of course, a variety of folks from the First Order are bound to show up.
- Star Wars Experiences in Hollywood Studios will combine both on-planet ( Galaxy’s Edge) and off-planet ( rest of Hollywood Studios) experiences. See the lineup of non-Galaxy’s Edge Star Wars Experiences here.
Are Star War’s Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Walt Disney World different?
Per the Disney website, the lands in both parks will be “nearly” the same, featuring the same rides, shops and dining options.
Map of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disneyland.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Review
So there you have it. Everything we know about Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. We’re excited to see how the immersion experience takes center stage. Until then. May the Force Be With You!