The golden Disney Character Statues are the newest addition to all four parks in honor of the World’s Most Magical Celebration that took place back in 2021 to celebrate the 50th anniversary. And we decided to add them to our Disney Games list. With 50 characters represented in all, there are plenty to find as you visit each park. Across 36 statues, some characters are paired; Pooh and Piglet, Olaf and Bruni, and Pua and Hei -Hei to name a few. Check out the full list of all the Disney Character Statues at Walt Disney World. And where you can find them in each park. These little gold statues are here to stay and interact with your MagicBand+ to your heart’s delight.
Walt Disney World Golden Character Statues
Honoring characters throughout the parks each park hosts several golden statues that include a Disney Character, sitting atop a drum. Some character statues are paired because obviously, the best of friends refuse to be separated. Pooh and Piglet, for example, are technically one statue. Here are the Disney Character Statues at Walt Disney World and the characters you can find in each park.
Animal Kingdom Statues
Disney’s Animal Kingdom has the fewest of all the golden statues, and all of these Disney Character Statues can be found in the gardens around the Tree of Life! That said, they make wonderful photo backdrops for the family or selfies.
- Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa: In front of the Tree of Life
- Nemo and Dory: In front of the Tree of Life
- Bambi and Thumper. In front of the Tree of Life
The Disney Character Statues in EPCOT are mostly located between the Port of Call Giftshops. But, you can find Figment on the bridge near the Port of Call too. Some of the more fun statues, see if you can recognize the sounds from Miguel’s guitar.
- Miguel and Dante: At Port of Call Gardens
- Figment: On the Bridge between World Celebration and World Showcase
- Olaf and Bruni: At Port of Call Gardens
- Pua and Hei-Hei: At Port of Call Gardens
- Rocket Raccoon and Baby Groot: At Port of Call Gardens
Hollywood Studios Statues
Disney Character Statues at Hollywood Studios are in line with what you find in the park; Star Wars, Toy Story Land, and Pixar.
- BB-8 and R2D2: Near Hollywood Studios archway hub grass
- Edna Mode: In front of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Frozone: In front of the Frozen Ever After Sing-Along theater
- Joe Gardener: In front of the Hollywood Studios archway
- Sebastian and Flounder: Near the Hollywood Studios archway, near Brown Derby
- Woody and Bo Peep: In front of the Chinese Theater
Magic Kingdom Statues
With the most Disney character statues of all the parks, Magic Kingdom boasts 24 characters in all, and all are beautifully made. As Disney’s smallest park, these characters most align with the rides they are close to. With the exception of a few. For example, Tinker Bell is hidden around the castle courtyard area. See where you can find her!
- Abu: On top of the Adventureland sign.
- Cheshire Cat: Near gardens of Mad Tea Party
- Chip and Dale: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Daisy Duck: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Donald Duck: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Dumbo and Timothy: Near the Popcorn Cart at Cinderella’s Castle
- Goofy: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Gus and Jaq: Just inside the tower structure next to Cinderella’s Castle
- Lady and Tramp: In the Main Street U.S.A gardens just outside of Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Lumiere and Cogsworth: At the tower structures into Fantasyland behind the carousel
- Mad Hatter: Near Mad Tea Party
- Mickey Mouse: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Minnie Mouse: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Orange Bird: In the Skipper Canteen porch area, Adventureland
- Pinocchio: At the tower structures into Fantasyland behind the carousel, closest to Pinocchio’s Village Haus.
- Pluto: Opposite in the Gardens of Cinderella Castle
- Pooh and Piglet: Gardens across from Crystal Palace, on the bridge walkway towards Adventureland.
- Stitch: You can find Stitch on the Purple Wall in Tomorrowland
- Tinker Bell: On a green garland-covered pole, in the garden between the bridge into Adventureland and the bridge into Liberty Square.
How do the Golden Disney Statues Interact with your MagicBand+?
If you have one of the newer Disney Magic Bands, a MagicBand+, then every time you walk past one of these statues you “awaken” it to a tune or a familiar sound. At the same time, your Magic Band may also vibrate, or light up.
How Long Will the Disney Golder Character Statues Be Around?
The Golden Disney Character Statues are in the process of having their 50th medallions removed from the base of each display. As such we expect them to be around for quite a bit still! Be sure to find them all across all 4 parks.
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.