Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and for us that means treats! We come from a large Italian family, so everything is a party for us. And for us, parties mean food! Valentine’s Day is about love, and for us we show love through food. See where I’m going with this??
Since we can’t be at Disney for Valentine’s Day to try all of their treats, we decided to create a bit of magic at home, with some fun Disney inspired treats perfect for Valentine’s Day. Our Valentine’s Day lineup includes plenty of chocolate, pink and of course our main mouse, Mickey!
See below for all the recipes in printable form.
Mickey Chocolate and Strawberry candy filled cupcake
If you’ve followed us for any amount of time, you will know that we love good cupcakes. They’re portable, cute and the flavors combinations are endless. So we created this M&M filled chocolate cupcake with strawberry buttercream and piped chocolate, complete with Mickey ears.
For this recipe, you will need a batch of chocolate cupcakes, strawberry buttercream frosting, M&M’s, dark melting chocolate wafers and Oreos. We prefer Oreo thins because they are a little easier for the frosting to hold onto, but any kind will work!
Any chocolate cupcake recipe will do, so choose your favorite! We love this strawberry buttercream but if making your own frosting intimidates you, feel free to substitute with any frosting you like.
If you’ve never filled a cupcake before, never fear. It’s actually much simpler than it looks! After your cupcakes have cooled, just cut out a small circle in the middle of the cupcake and fill it with whatever you’re filling it with. In this case, M&M’s! After you’ve filled the center 3/4 of the way, cut off the bottom of the removed piece of cupcake and close up the hole. And that’s it!
See recipe card for full instructions below!
Mickey Valentine’s Day Milkshake
We recently were able to visit Beaches and Cream and had one of their new shakes. Not only was it absolutely adorable, but so delicious and totally inspired us to re-create them at home. Since we are firm believers that chocolate and strawberry is the perfect Valentine’s flavor combo, we decided to try making them with a Valentine’s Day twist! These were so fun to make and so delicious, we will likely be making more variations on them again soon.
For this you’ll need a mason jar(or similar shaped glass), strawberry ice cream, milk, white and dark melting chocolate and one of our Mickey Chocolate and Strawberry Cupcakes. See recipe card below for full instructions!
Mickey Heart Shaped Shortbread
We love tea time. Any excuse to have tea is good enough for us. So what is better to have with a Valentine’s Day tea than a Jammie Dodger? We decided to create this Jammie Dodger-type cookie with a simple shortbread, strawberry jam and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Simple and delicious. Raspberry jam would work well also, but feel free to make whatever flavor combinations your heart desires!
For this recipe you’ll need shortbread(we use this recipe), strawberry jam and powdered sugar. We used a heart shaped cookie cutter and a miniature Mickey head cookie cutter(we used the smallest one in this set) to get this design but you can mix it up anyway you like.
For full instructions, see recipe card below.
Mickey Valentine’s Brownies
Chocolate is essential for any Valentine’s celebration, so why not add a magical twist to it? And let’s be real, who doesn’t love brownies? These are super easy to make and turn out just darling! Perfect for work or school parties, or just for you to enjoy at home, these are so easy to decorate and so fun to eat.
For this recipe, you’ll need brownies, a mickey cookie cutter(ours is similar to this) and white chocolate. Super simple!
See recipe card below for instructions.
Mickey Pop Tarts
If you haven’t figured it out yet, we are really loving chocolate and strawberry for Valentine’s Day. And if you’re not a Nutella fan….well then I’m not sure I know you.(Just kidding, well maybe…)
These poptarts are filled with Nutella and Strawberry Jam, and topped with icing for a perfect poptart look.
We added fun Valentine’s Day sprinkles to the top and Nutella drizzle(because more Nutella is never a bad thing) to complete the look!
See below for full instructions
We had so much fun creating these recipes for you and hope you love them too. Feel free to use these recipes as inspiration and create your own versions of them at home! Have fun with it, get creative and remember the most important ingredient in baking is love:)
Mickey Chocolate and Strawberry Candy filled cupcake
Mickey Inspired Chocolate and Strawberry Milkshake
- 1/2 Pint Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/4 c.- 1/2 c. milk
- Melted Dark Chocolate Wafers
- Melted White Chocolate Wafers
- Red Food color
- Mickey Cupcake for topper
- Mason Jar for shakes
- Paper Straw
- Step 1 Melt dark chocolate in double boiler or microwave
- Step 2 After melted, spoon melted chocolate into piping bag or parchment paper cone and pipe chocolate along sides of glass
- Step 3 Put Mason Jar in freezer to set chocolate while you melt white chocolate using the same method as the dark chocolate
- Step 4 Once white chocolate is melted, add a small amount of red dye to achieve the desired color of pink that will coat outside of mason jar, creating the “drip” effect
- Step 5 Spoon into piping bag or parchment paper cone and pipe drips along the outer rim of masor jar. Cover with sprinkles and put masor jar in freezer while making milkshake to help chocolate set
- Step 6 In a small blender, or by hand, blend ice cream and milk together until achieving the desired thickness and consistency
- Step 7 Take mason jar out of freezer and fill with milkshake
- Step 8 Top with Mickey cupcake and enjoy!
Mickey Heart Shaped Shortbread
- Shortbread Cookie dough- any recipe will do, see above for the link to the one we like!
- Strawberry Jam
- Powdered Sugar
- Large Heart Cookie Cutter
- Small Mickey Head Cookie Cutter
- Step 1 Make Shortbread Dough
- Step 2 Once dough has been formed, roll to 1/4 inch thick, being careful not to over handle the dough
- Step 3 Using Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter, cut into shapes.
- Step 4 On half of the heart shaped cookies, use mickey cookie cutter in the center
- Step 5 Bake shortbread per directions in selected recipe, being sure not to overbake
- Step 6 Once Cookies have cooled, spread strawberry jam onto bottom cookie(solid heart shape without mickey head cut out)
- Step 7 Place half with mickey head on top to create sandwich
- Step 8 Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Mickey Valentine's Brownies
- Brownie Recipe of your Choice
- White Melting Chocolate Wafers
- Red food coloring
- Mickey Cookie Cutter
- Step 1 Make Brownie Batter of your choice and pour into parchment paper lined pan(we recommend 13 x 9 size, but whatever size your recipe calls for is fine)
- Step 2 When Brownies have cooled, lift out parchment paper and place on large cutting board or sturdy surface
- Step 3 Cut out Mickey shapes and place on cleanparchment lined pan
- Step 4 Freeze Mickey Brownie Heads for 10-15 mins to give them more stability
- Step 5 While Mickey Brownies are in freezer, melt white chocolate wafers in double broilers or in microwave
- Step 6 Once melted, take a small portion out and add in red food coloring to achieve desired pink color
- Step 7 Take brownies out of freezer and dip half of Mickey brownie in white chocolate, placing back on parchment paper to set
- Step 8 Once white chocolate has started to set, spoon pink white chocolate into piping bag or parchment paper cone and drizzle over top of entire brownie
- Step 9 Allow to cool and enjoy!
Mickey Strawberry and Nutella PopTarts