Disney Character Meet and Greets are a must-do for many at Disney Parks. So grab your autograph book, pen, and camera to start making memories. But, where can you find Disney Characters in the parks? What Characters are at Disney World? Luckily, we are doing a quick round-up of all the places to find Disney Princesses, Disney Villains, Mickey and Co., and furry friends. So you can find out where they are showing up across all four Disney Parks. Be sure to catch a glimpse of your favorite Disney Characters during your next visit. Updated September 2023.
- 1 Disney Character Meet and Greets at Disney World
- 2 Where to Meet Characters at Walt Disney World
- 3 Magic Kingdom Disney Characters
- 4 Magic Kingdom Disney Character Meet and Greets
- 5 Magic Kingdom Disney Character Dining Restaurants
- 6 Animal Kingdom Disney Characters
- 7 Animal Kingdom Character Meet and Greets
- 8 Animal Kingdom Character Dining Restaurants
- 9 EPCOT Disney Characters
- 10 EPCOT Character Meet and Greets
- 11 EPCOT Character Dining Restaurants
- 12 Hollywood Studios Characters
- 13 Hollywood Studios Character Meet and Greets
- 14 Hollywood Studios Character Dining Restaurants
- 15 Disney Resort Character Dining Restaurants
- 16 Disney Resort Character Experiences
Disney Character Meet and Greets at Disney World
If you’re looking for Disney characters at Walt Disney World then this is the list for you! We’ve shared the Disney characters you get to see in the Disney Character Christmas Cavalcades before, but now you get even more chances to see characters across the parks! While some Disney characters can be found in cavalcades, motorcades, and flotillas, others can simply be found smelling the nearby roses! Even more characters at Walt Disney World are found in Meet and Greet locations, Character Dining at Disney World, and even at the resorts! Here are all the places you can find characters at Walt Disney World. If you’re wondering how to meet characters at Walt Disney World, let’s dive in.
What are the Best Disney World Character Meet and Greet Times?
Characters at Walt Disney World are typically available from 9 am- 5 pm at designated Meet and Greet Locations. However, it’s best to check your My Disney Experience App for details on times, locations, and wait times. That said, we also recommend planning your Disney character visits between 12-5 p.m. This is typically the hottest part of the day in Florida when you may not mind waiting in an indoor queue line. Additionally, this is also the busiest time of day at any Walt Disney World park. As such, many people will be on popular rides, and your meet-and-greet lines will be shorter.
When do Disney Character Cavalcades at Walt Disney World Happen?
Throughout the day! Unlike parades, there are no set times for these fun events, though we’ve generally seen one appear every hour or so. So if you’re looking for Disney characters at Walt Disney World, keeping your eyes open as you stroll the parks is your best bet!
Do Characters Walk Around Walt Disney World?
Unlike Disneyland, Disney Characters at Walt Disney World rarely walk around for interactions. Instead, there are impromptu sightings of characters in candid moments, in the distance. Therefore, you can usually start seeing characters around the parks starting at 11 a.m. While there is no set schedule for these mini-sightings they generally can be seen throughout the day until it gets dark.
Where are Disney Characters at Disney World Now?
Disney Characters can typically be found all over Disney Parks. Whether it be at designated character Meet and Greets or as part of a Disney Dining Experience at one of the many character dining experiences. Check the My Disney Experience App for up-to-date availability.
What New Characters Are at Disney World for 2023?
Disney World has just announced NEW Disney CharacterMeet and Greets at Walt Disney World. If you’re ready to see which characters are on the way, here’s the current list of new characters in 2023.
- Mirabel *NEW* At Magic Kingdom. Begins September 15, 2023 Step into an Encanto-inspired area to meet our favorite heroine from Encanto at Fairytale Garden
- Figment *NEW* At EPCOT. September 10 2023. Everyone’s favorite dragon Figment, is getting his place in the sun, at EPCOT park. Available for Meet and Greets inside the Journey into Imagination building at ImageWorks, EPCOT, and Walt Disney World. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience App for the meet and greet schedule.
- Asha *NEW* At EPCOT. Fall 2023. A new character meet and greet with the new Disney Princess, Asha, from the new Disney animated film “Wish” which is opening soon at EPCOT. Disney’s film Wish is set to arrive in theaters on November 22, 2023.
- Moana *NEW* At EPCOT. Begins October 16, 2023. In addition to the Journey of Water Inspired by Moana attractions are also NEW Disney World Moana Meet and Greet at EPCOT in a newly designated space just outside the Journey of Water attraction.
- Luisa *NEW* TBD. Disney World is currently taking casting calls for Encanto’s Luisa, so we’re sure to see her in the parks. Not certain if she’ll be a meet-and-greet or a character on a float, but she’s Coming Soon!
Where to Meet Characters at Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World has a variety of locations in each theme park, designated for characters. From Meet and Greet Locations to Character dining at Disney World, your best bet for meeting Disney characters at Walt Disney World is to check the My Disney Experience App for times and locations for Disney characters you want to meet. We’ll share details on each of these locations in each Park section below.
Cavalcades, Parades, and Flotillas
These character sightings are just that and involve seeing characters in a boat as they float by. There is no interaction with the characters themselves. However, these are by far some of our favorite character viewings. Simply because you get to see so many. If it’s a parade, be ready with your camera, and with lots of waving. If it’s a boat floating down Discovery River, you’ll see characters in unique outfits, and maybe get some music playing too!
Character Dining at Walt Disney World
Book a Disney Character Meal at a variety of Disney Character Restaurants for interactions that include parades around the restaurants, autograph book signings, photos, and mini-conversations. Offering a variety of options in each park, Disney character dining is served as a buffet, family style, and made to order, depending on which restaurant you choose. We’ll share which ones you can find in each park below.
Traditional Disney Character Meet and Greets
Disney Characters are best seen and interacted with at traditional meet-and-greet locations around the parks. With gorgeous backdrops and heavily themed spaces, you get the full feeling of being in the character’s space. The new Mirabel Meet and Greet at Fairytale Garden in Magic Kingdom is set up beautifully. This is a good example of the kinds of spaces that you can expect when you wait in line. In a traditional character meet and greet, you can get a photo with the character, have your Disney Autograph Book signed, and have a short chat.
Outdoor Disney Character Sightings
Characters at Disney World have recently been seen having fun on their own in the parks. From Pooh catching butterflies at EPCOT to Chip and Dale laying out a picnic at Hollywood Studios. While these sightings aren’t scheduled, be sure to keep your eyes open, as they do tend to go to the same places in each park to be “seen.” We’ll share sighting locations in each park section below.
Magic Kingdom Disney Characters
By far the park with the most Disney Characters, you can find Disney Princesses, Villains, and classic characters throughout Magic Kingdom. Just remember your best bet for spotting your Disney characters at Disney World is during a cavalcade, so be sure to stop and take it in! Here’s a lineup of the shows and parades you can see characters in at Disney World. Without the need to book a meet and greet.
Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire | Stage Show at the Castle
This new morning show happens on the Cinderella Castle stage at Magic Kingdom and features scenes inspired by Frozen, Tangled, and The Princess and the Frog! Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire Times.
Enchanted Tales with Belle | Attraction
Re-enact Beauty and the Beast with Belle and Lumiere in Enchanted Tales with Belle.
Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade | Parade
This cavalcade includes Nick and Judy from “Zootopia,” Baloo and King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” José Carioca and Panchito from “The Three Caballeros,” Miguel from “Coco,” plus Merida, Moana, The Incredibles, Mirabel from Encanto, and more. Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade Times.
Festival of Fantasy | Parade
This is THE parade at Magic Kingdom and a must-see Disney event. This parade includes a variety of Disney characters. Belle, Beast, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Tiana, Naveen, Elsa, Anna, Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel, Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Tinker Bell, Mr. Smee, Prince Phillip, Maleficent dragon, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Mad Hatter, Alice, Jimmy Cricket, Pinocchio, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Minnie, Mickey.
Magic Kingdom Disney Character Meet and Greets
With so many characters across Magic Kingdom, you may just be lucky to spot one throughout your day in the park! Here are all the Disney Characters coming out to play and where to find them. Disney Characters at Magic Kingdom. You do not need to make reservations to meet Disney characters and can easily just wait in line.
Main Steet USA
- Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Eeyore, Rabbit, and Piglet travel in a trolley down Main Street USA throughout the day.
- Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Mirabel *NEW* Begins September 15, 2023 Step into an Encanto-inspired area to meet our favorite heroine
- from Encanto at Fairytale Garden
- Cinderella and a visiting Princess at Fairytale Hall
- Princess Tiana and a visiting Princess at Fairytale Hall
- Rapunzel and Elena of Avalor at Fairytale Hall
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet at Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Thotful Spot
- Peter Pan in Fantasyland near the Neverland wall.
- Snow White near the Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train ride.
- Meet Ariel at her Grotto near Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Anastasia and Drizella can be found on the balcony of Cinderella’s Castle in Fantasyland, facing the carousel. They come out throughout the day so be sure to catch a glimpse!
- Fairy Godmother near the Carrousel, sometimes near the Cinderella Fountain
- Belle, our favorite beauty, can be found in her blue dress at the Enchanted Tales with Belle cottage.
- The Beast still shows up in his castle sporadically if you are lucky enough to grab reservations to Be Our Guest for lunch or dinner.
- Alice, Mad Hatter, and White Rabbit in Wonderland at the Tea Cups
- Gaston at Gaston’s Tavern
- Peter Pan near Peter Pan’s Flight
- Daring and Dashing Disney Characters, Pluto, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- You can find Chip ‘n’ Dale also cruising on a raft down the Rivers of America, near Liberty Square.
- Chip & Dale near Tiana’s Bayou Adventure in Frontierland
- Woody and Jessie in Frontierland
- In Frontierland The Country Bears can be found looking out over the midway in Frontierland, waving to guests from the balcony of the Country Bear Jamboree Theater.
- Our favorite alien, Stitch, can be found at the Rocket Tower Plaza Stage
- Buzz Lightyear near Star Command Headquarters
- You can still find Captain Jack Sparrow in Adventureland near Pirates of the Caribbean swaggering to his heart’s content.
- Characters from Aladdin can be found in the markets near the Flying Carpets.
Magic Kingdom Disney Character Sightings
If you’re wondering how you can see Disney characters outside at Walt Disney World, then you’re in luck. We’ve rounded up the locations that our favorite Magic Kingdom characters usually visit, intermittently. While these characters do not have a designated location when they’re just out and about, they’re a fun sight to behold and perfectly ready for the camera.
- Snow White near Town Square Theater
- Buzz Lightyear or Stitch at the Rocket Tower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland
- Chip ‘n’ Dale in Storybook Circus
- Country Bears in Frontierland
- Captain Jack Sparrow across from Pirates of the Caribbean
Magic Kingdom Disney Character Dining Restaurants
- The Beast at Be Our Guest Dinner: While never really seen with Belle, this prince will visit your table as he makes his way around the room at Be Our Guest.
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace: Winnie the Pooh and Friends. Book dining at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom for a quick hug and Winnie the Pooh Parade around the restaurant.
- Disney Princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Offered at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Cinderella’s Royal Table. Fairytale Dining includes Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, and Jasmine. The Signature Celebration includes Prince Charming, Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, and Jasmine
Animal Kingdom Disney Characters
Animal Kingdom typically has dance parties, meet and greets, and more, but due to the pandemic, the characters have instead taken to the river for some distanced fun! You can find most of our favorite Animal Kingdom characters on flotillas, so be sure to keep an eye out!
Adventure Flotilla at Animal Kingdom
The newest character Cavalcade to show up in the parks arrives in Animal Kingdom. Sailing down the Discovery River you can see Dug and Russell, as well as Donald and Friends. This flotilla shows up throughout the day so be on the lookout.
Donald’s Dino Bash Flotilla
This boat travels on the Discovery River throughout the day from Pandora to Dinoland. This boat cavalcade features Donald, Daisy, and Launchpad McQuack. All dressed up in party boat attire.
Mickey and Friends Flotilla
This boat carries Mickey and Friends down the Discovery River complete in their explorer gear and ready to take to the wilderness!
Goofy and Pals Set Sail Cruise
Chip, Dale, and Goofy show up on this cruise, taking a break from their duties over in Dinoland
Pocahontas and Meeko Character Cruise
Be sure to grab a great spot alongside the Discovery River in Animal Kingdom to keep an eye on you’re your favorite characters! Pocahontas herself and Meeko have a boat of their very own that travels the Discovery River throughout the day.
Lion King Character Cruise
See if you can catch a glimpse of Lion King Characters Timon and Rafiki and others floating along the Discovery River!
Discovery Island Drummers
And if your ears perk up at a new sound, chances are the Discovery Island Drummers are sailing the Discovery River, just playing along. We like the seating area near Mr. Kamal’s Snack Cart as a great place to settle in and watch the procession throughout the day.
Animal Kingdom Character Meet and Greets
So many characters are switched out at the parks, that it’s important to check the My Disney Experience App for any and all updates ahead of your trip. Be sure to check out the Disney Characters at Animal Kingdom to check the details, times, and locations of your favorites.
- Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, and Launchpad McQuack at Donald’s Dino-Bash in DinoLand USA.
- Mickey and Minnie at Adventures Outpost
- Moana at Character Landing can be found at the character outpost on Discovery Island
- Rafiki and Timon at Character Landing on Discovery Island
- Baloo and King Louie at Character Landing on Discovery Island
- Pocahontas at Character Landing on Discovery Island
- Russel & Dug at Wilderness Explorers Outpost in Asia
- Tarzan behind the Tree of Life
Animal Kingdom Disney Character Sightings
You can see a few special characters at Animal Kingdom just wandering around the parks, for a bit of notice.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale at DinoLand
- Donald Duck at DinoLand
- Daisy Duck in DinoLand
- Kevin from UP is still being seen around Discovery Island is our favorite tropical bird, Kevin from UP. While you may not see him interacting with his surroundings and waving like the other characters he’s still a fun addition of magic to your Animal Kingdom day.
Animal Kingdom Character Dining Restaurants
- Tusker House Restaurant. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. Sometimes Daisy Duck. Dressed in Safari attire.
EPCOT Disney Characters
By far one of the more active parks for Disney Characters, we’re seeing them everywhere! From cavalcades to impromptu sightings across the park, here is everywhere you can find Disney characters at EPCOT. Disney Characters at EPCOT.
EPCOT Character Meet and Greets
As EPCOT begins transitioning to more of a family park with a focus on Disney films, we’re seeing more and more characters out and about in the park! Take a look at these fun appearances happening throughout the day.
Around World Celebration
- Disney Pals at the EPCOT Entrance area, in a designated space with a backdrop.
- Figment *NEW* September 10 2023. Everyone’s favorite dragon Figment, is getting his place in the sun, at EPCOT park. Available for Meet and Greets inside the Journey into Imagination building at ImageWorks, EPCOT, Walt Disney World. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience App for the meet and greet schedule.
- Joy from Inside Out takes to the lawn to twirl around and be joyful! But is also at ImageWorks for Meet and Greets.
- Baymax awaiting a new location
In World Showcase
- Disney Pals at the Pavilion near the Port of Entry. This rotation includes Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Mickey.
- Mary Poppins usually takes up her practically perfect place in the shade of the U.K. Gazebo near the courtyard gardens. Which are dressed up as fairy gardens during the Flower and Garden Festival each year.
- Alice in Wonderland can also be found at the Gazebo in the courtyard garden, usually causing mischief of some sort and enjoying the day! Is anyone up for skipping?
- Asha *NEW* Fall 2023. A new character meet and greet with the new Disney Princess, Asha, from the new Disney animated film “Wish” which is opening soon at EPCOT. Disney’s film Wish is set to arrive in theaters on November 22, 2023.
- Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus in World Showcase Norway
- Belle in France
- Donald Duck in Mexico
- Mulan in China
- Princess Aurora in France
- Princess Jasmine in Morocco
- Snow White in Germany
At World Nature
- Moana *NEW* Begins October 16, 2023. In addition to the Journey of Water Inspired by Moana attractions are also NEW Disney World Moana Meet and Greet at EPCOT in a newly designated space just outside the Journey of Water attraction.
EPCOT Disney Character Sightings
In addition to their designated spots for Meet and Greets, you can also see some characters just strolling about throughout the park.
- Joy from Inside Out takes to the lawn to twirl around and be joyful!
- Winnie the Pooh can be found in EPCOT usually hunting for butterflies!
- Daisy by International Gateway Entrance
- Alice in Wonderland skipping around the UK garden
- Mary Poppins hanging out in the UK
EPCOT Character Dining Restaurants
- Disney Princesses including Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, and Cinderella at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway, World Showcase
- Chip, Dale, Farmer Mickey, and Pluto at Garden Grill in The Land Building. This crew gets dressed up in their farming gear for their Garden Grill appearances in EPCOT’s The Land Building. While you can catch a glimpse just by walking by the restaurant, booking reservations allows you some closer interactions
Hollywood Studios Characters
Visiting Hollywood Studios is all about diving into the world of film. As a result, you can get your fill of Star Wars and Toy Story characters now in motorcades and seen from afar. Check out all the places you can find Disney Characters at Hollywood Studios.
First-Order Searches for the Resistance | Attraction
Be sure you are not the one the Stormtroopers are looking for as they take to the park to find the rebel spies.
For the First Time in Forever | Attraction
This Frozen sing-along celebration gets you in front of the Arendelle historians as they retell the tale of Arendelle’s history. Feature Anna, Kristoff, and Elsa, this show also has a holiday overlay with Olaf.
Green Army Drum Corps Toy Story Land | Street Show
This corps takes to the streets of Toy Story Land for marching and shenanigans. Shows intermittently throughout the day, you can check the schedule in the My Disney Experience App.
Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage | Show
This show features a retelling of the Beauty and the Beast tale, complete with Belle, Beast and friends. While you won’t be able to meet these performers, taking in a show is a great way to see them in a gorgeous setting.
Fantasmic! | Show
This fan-favorite show is all about imagination. With amazing special effects and music, Fantasmic features Mickey Mouse on a whirlwind adventure as he must conquer evil. You’ll see Disney villains and heroes from classic films such as “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pocahontas,” “Aladdin” and “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” as well as newer films including “Moana” and “Frozen 2.”
Hollywood Studios Character Meet and Greets
- Minnie & Mickey at Red Carpet Dreams on Commissary Lane
- Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Jessie in Toy Story Land.
- Chewbacca, Darth Vader and BB8 at Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Edna Mode at the Edna Mode Experience in Pixar Place
- Pixar Pals at Pixar Place
- Kylo Ren and the Storm Troopers can be found in Galaxy’s Edge as well, near First Order’s TIE Echelon ( across from the Milk Stand) ready to lure you to the Dark Side.
Hollywood Studios Disney Character Sightings
One of the more fun parts of heading to Hollywood Studios is seeing the roaming characters, in their natural habitat. Chip and Dale in particular do a great job of getting into trouble on the side lawn near the Hollywood Brown Derby.
- Daisy and Donald on Hollywood Boulevard are often seen on the balcony, welcoming you to the park.
- Donald Duck can be found out and about with his watering can, gardening wherever he can!
- Chip and Dale are often found on the lawn near the Brown Derby setting up for a picnic of acorns and fun.
- Goofy is sometimes spotted on top of the Hyperion Theater just waving to passersby!
Hollywood Studios Character Dining Restaurants
- Hollywood and Vine Seasonal Dining featuring Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Goofy.
- Hollywood and Vine Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine Breakfast. Vampirina, Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins, and Roadster Goofy
Disney Resort Character Dining Restaurants
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, Prince Charming, and Cinderella.
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Supercalifragilistic Breakfast. The Mad Hatter, Alice, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Mary Poppins.
- Chef Mickey at The Contemporary Resort. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, and Goofy. Chef Mickey’s Breakfast Review.
- Cape May Cafe at The Beach Club Resort. Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Daisy show up in their beach attire.
- Garden Grove at the Swan Hotel. Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale show up at Disney’s Swan Hotel seasonally. The Swan Hotel is just off the Disney Boardwalk.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Ohana at The Polynesian Resort. Best Friends Breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch. Read the Ohana review.
- Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge. Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy, and the Evil Queen make fun with a multicourse meal featuring absolutely amazing food! Read the Storybook Dining Character Dining Review.
- Topolino Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort. Mickey a la Art Breakfast with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, and Donald Duck. Read more about Breakfast at Topolino Terrace.
- Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk Resort. Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider show up for the Bon Voyage Breakfast at this resort on Disney’s Boardwalk.
Disney Resort Character Experiences
Often found at random Movie Under the Stars Nights, Chip and Dale can sometimes be seen helping set up the show! They do however have an established character responsibility at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
- Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney Characters at Walt Disney World
There’s a lot to do at Walt Disney World. Hopefully, this list has made it a little easier to figure out what Disney Characters need to be on your Disney Checklist and where to find them!
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.