A Walt Disney World Vacation in 2024 gives guests a break from the big events that have dominated the last couple of years, bringing the park back to hopefully a simpler experience. And while there are still new restaurants, rides, and resort refurbishments to be seen, we expect 2024 at Walt Disney World to be a calmer, and more enjoyable year, in all aspects. As such we’re doing a round-up of everything that is happening and how you can go about planning your Disney Vacation in 2024. Whether this is your First Disney vacation, your only Disney vacation, or just making your annual trip. Here is everything to help you get the most out of your vacation to the most magical place on earth.
Walt Disney World has seen tons of changes in the last couple of years. Not only with the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World and the 100th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company but also with new rides and attractions. Add in the political struggles, and the strong competition of Universal Studios Epic Universe in 2025, and you can see how 2024 is set to make Walt Disney World reset some of its goals. There’s been talk of a new land announcement at the upcoming D23 EXPO in 2024, but we’re more interested in just getting back to having fun in the parks. Which is hopefully what 2024 is all about.
- 1 Disney World in 2024
- 2 Disney Vacation Planning Checklist
- 3 Disney Vacation Planning Basics
- 4 Disney Resorts in 2024
- 5 Disney Tickets and Vacation Packages in 2024
- 6 Disney Dining in 2024
- 7 Disney Vacation Cost in 2024
- 8 Disney Vacation Booking in 2024
- 9 Disney Vacations Changes in 2024
- 10 Disney Vacation Tips in 2024
- 11 Disney Anniversaries in 2024
- 12 What’s New at Walt Disney World in 2024?
- 13 EPCOT Festivals 2024
Disney World in 2024
If you’re taking a Disney World Vacation in 2024, there are a few things to know right off the bat. It’s not a heavy construction year! Woohoo! In fact most of the major construction projects should be finishing up. The major projects on the docket at Disney World in 2024 are the Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins Renovation, the DVC Villa Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Construction at SplashMountain location in Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Events Calendar 2024
- What’s New at Walt Disney World in 2024?
- runDisney Races and Events in 2024
How to Plan a Disney World Vacation in 2024
It’s true that with all the vacation considerations like transportation, resorts, and when to visit planning a Disney Vacation may begin to feel a little more like work than the magical experience you looked forward to. No worries. We have you covered. If you’re looking, we have a free 12-Step Disney Planning Guide for getting your Disney Vacation planned and booked. And if you’re not ready to do this on your own, be sure to work with a Disney Travel Agent.
Disney Vacation Planning Checklist
Planning a Disney Vacation typically involves a lot of steps. As such, consider this your checklist for a Disney World Vacation in 2024. And if you go through this post, answering all the questions, you’ll have a complete Disney Vacation planned in no time.
- Set up a My Disney Experience Account on the Disney Website
- Choose How to Get There ( Fly/ Drive)
- Choose Where to Stay ( Pick Your Resort)
- Buy Your Tickets or Vacation Package
- Get Your MagicBands
- Book Your Transportation
- Build Your Disney Itinerary
- Book Dining Reservations
- Add Special Event Tickets
- Decide What to Pack
Disney Vacation Planning Basics
Getting some basic questions out of the way first will help nail down your Disney Vacation Planning for 2024. And we’ll share some details along the way so you can make the best choices as you tackle this vacation planning project.
When do you want to Visit?
Choosing the right time to take a Disney World Vacation in 2024 can make or break your vacation. Take a look at our Disney Calendar of Events to get a handle on the holidays and events that may be happening during your stay. Things like runDisney marathons, festivals, and holiday weekends can all interfere with the best-laid plans. So, as you’re figuring out work and school schedules, compare them against the calendar to see what may conflict with or support your Disney Vacation. Be sure to check out the Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World post. And if you’re hoping to be in the parks during a certain festival, party, or holiday, take a look at our Year of Walt Disney World Events to get a glimpse of happenings each month. And if you haven’t nailed down a month yet, check out what you can do each season at Disney World.
- Spring at Disney World March-May
- Summer at Disney World June- July
- Fall at Disney World August- November
- Halloween at Disney World
- Christmas at Disney World
- Winter at Disney World December- February
How Long Will You Stay?
We always recommend staying on vacation as long as possible. Obviously. But since everyone has a “real life” to get back be sure to check out our post on How Many Days Should You Stay at Disney. This will give you a good idea of what you can fit into your vacation without feeling rushed. And give you some insight into what you may want to skip if you need a shorter vacation. The sweet spot tends to be between 7-12 days to help you really make the most of your vacation.
How will you Get There?
Will you be driving or flying to Disney? Perhaps you are considering taking the train? We sometimes recommend driving to Disney, simply for convenience and safety. If flying you will need to consider airlines, the cost for each person, and additional transportation once you arrive in Orlando. Keep in mind that there are new ways to get from Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World that will cost you. Including Mears Connect Driven By Sunshine, the main Disney Shuttle Service to Walt Disney World from the Orlando Airport.
Who is included in your Travel Party?
How many people are going with you on this vacation? Is this a Disney adult trip or a family trip? Will you have pets that need boarding during your stay? Think of things ahead of time. It will be important that each person in your party has a My Disney Experience account. Before you do anything else, take some time to get these set up if you have not already!
Disney Resorts in 2024
With over 25 resorts at Walt Disney World, at a variety of price levels, there are many places to stay on property at Walt Disney World. Are you looking for something fun that feels like Disney, as an All-Star Resort? Or something more relaxed and island-like like Caribbean Beach Resort? Perhaps you want glamourous accommodations at the Grand Floridian or animal viewing from your room at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Maybe you’re hoping for tons of ease and convenience and want a resort within walking distance of Hollywood Studios Park and EPCOT. Maybe check out the Boardwalk Inn? Think about which resort will make your Disney Vacation feel special. We recently stayed at the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve which is a wonderful Disney Resort for Adults, as it’s out of the way, just next to the BoardWalk.
- Disney Value Resorts: Bus transportation. Pop Century and Art of Animation also have Skyliner transportation.
- Disney Moderate Resorts: Bus Transportation. Caribbean Beach Resort also has Skyliner transportation.
- Disney Deluxe Resorts. Bus transportation. Some offer monorail, ferry, and Skyliner transportation.
- Disney Boardwalk Resorts: Within walking distance of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Monorail Resorts: Within walking distance of Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Ferry Boat Resorts: Ferry boat resorts are located near EPCOT and Magic Kingdom
- Disney Skyliner Resorts: Includes Skyliner access to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
Staying on Disney Property Disney Resort Perks
If you’re going back and forth on whether to stay on-site or off-site at Walt Disney World, the perks over the last few years have changed. Currently, Disney Resort Guests get an early theme-park entry of 30 minutes before park opening, Discounted MagicBands upon checkout, 7 am Lightning Lane, and Disney Genie + access ( as opposed to 9 am), and an earlier Dining Reservation window ( when available).
Stay at a Disney Value Resort if…
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World during less busy times of the year, like early January, February, and September ( and all the other lower crowd times at Disney World), then you’re safe to stay at a Value Resort and save some money. We highly recommend Pop Century Resort as it’s one of the best and is now also on the Disney Skyliner line. A word of warning though, during busy times of the year and through the summer months, value resorts are filled to the brim with school groups, spring breakers, and international groups and can be very noisy and busy. Read our Disney Value Resort Reviews.
Stay at a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resort if…
If you’re ready to graduate from Value Resorts to Moderate Resorts, we definitely have our favorite Disney Moderate Resorts to consider. But, Walt Disney World during the busiest times of year is best spent in the more expensive resorts. Disheartening yes, but sleep is important. While many clubs, groups, squads, etc. will all pile themselves into the cheapest resorts possible during the busy times of the year if you’re just hoping for a nice vacation spring for the higher-end resorts. They are less affected by the crowds. So at least while the parks may be crowded, your resort experience can be relaxing. We like the Boardwalk Inn best for its easy access to the parks and quiet relaxing atmosphere. Read our Disney Deluxe Resort Reviews.
Disney Tickets and Vacation Packages in 2024
When choosing your Disney World Tickets as part of your vacation package there are a couple of things to consider that may help you save money, or help you save time. Here are some things to consider for your Disney World Vacation in 2024.
Will you Want to be in the Parks Every Day of your Vacation?
If you’re looking to save some money at Disney consider exploring the parts of Walt Disney World that don’t include a park day. We love taking time to meander through the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and stop by Wilderness Lodge for a coffee. Planning a Disney Monorail Resort day or Disney Boardwalk Resort day are also things we like to do regularly. Heading to Disney Springs and boating over for beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter gives you an insider’s look at all things Walt Disney World and can really make your trip feel more than just a checklist. Choosing this route for a typical 8-day vacation could easily have only 5 tickets allowing you a few days to be outside of the parks. Consider your Disney Arrival Day and Disney Departure Day as free days, without tickets, to just explore.
What To Do At Walt Disney World Without a Park Ticket?
When planning a Disney Vacation it’s important to build in times that don’t mean racing around the park all day. As such we love skipping the parks on Arrival Day and Departure Day. This means we can take time to do things that don’t require a park ticket. From Mini Golf to Walking Paths, we’ve rounded up some fun ways to just take it easy on vacation. Check out our Walt Disney World Without a Park Ticket post for some ideas to help you save money and have fun, without the crowds.
Are you Adding a Park Hopper Ticket?
Do you need to be in more than one park per day? The Walt Disney World Park Hopper Ticket is an extra add-on ticket per length of your stay, so can get very pricey as an extra perk if you have several people in your travel party. The Park Hopper Ticket allows you access to more than one park per day and is an added convenience. As Walt Disney World is made up of 4 parks, this could allow you to spend your morning at Magic Kingdom and your evening at Hollywood Studios. We usually skip purchasing this ticket and plan for one park per day. There is so much to do in each Disney Park that it feels inopportune to leave halfway through the day.
However, if you’re trying for a short Disney trip and will not get all the parks in during your vacation, then this may be a ticket you consider. Be sure to keep in mind the travel time between parks, if you’re on a schedule. As Disney transportation is complimentary, it is something to streamline if you’re hoping to Save Time at Disney World.
Are you Adding a Water Park and Sports Ticket?
Walt Disney World has 2 water parks; Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. They are open year-round. If you are traveling during the extremely hot and humid summer months of Florida, then a Disney Water Park ticket added for each person in your travel party may be a good idea. Just like any Disney park you can go and stay all day. If you are traveling in the Dec- February months, however, it does get a little chilly in Florida and a water park ticket may not be needed.
The Sports portion of this ticket also allows you access to the golf courses and is a great way to get a little bit of variety if you’re looking for a more complete leisurely vacation. The sports complex ticket gets you access to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course, and Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course.
Are you Adding Event and Party Tickets to your Vacation?
While the EPCOT festivals are FREE and included with your park tickets for the day, other events like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are extra. For events like these, since special event tickets can often be as expensive as regular Disney tickets, we recommend skipping your day park ticket on the day of your special event. This will save you some money and allow you time to explore Disney Resorts, Boardwalk, or Disney Springs. Here are some additional events to consider adding to your Disney World Vacation in 2024.
- Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party: Magic Kingdom, mid-August- October.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Magic Kingdom, late November- December.
- Disney After Hours: Select Parks, intermittently throughout the year.
- Fireworks Dessert Party: select parks, intermittently offered throughout the year.
Are you Adding a Walt Disney World Tour to your Vacation?
Another way to make your Disney World Vacation in 2024 extra special is by adding a Tour. We most like the little tours that don’t take a ton of time, but still give you a behind-the-scenes look at Disney World, in all its glory. Tours can range from tens of dollars to hundreds of dollars per person. So be sure to do your homework if you’re thinking of adding a Disney World Tour to your trip. Here are a few of our favorites.
Disney Dining in 2024
One of the biggest expenses of a Disney Vacation in 2024 is food. Whether it’s the $10 breakfast and coffee, the $15 lunch, or the $40 dinner, something will catch you off guard when it comes to the cost of food. Disney snacks alone can be close to 8 dollars each, and you have to consider that’s just for 1 person. Check out our Disney Dining Budget post for details on how to budget your Disney food expenses. We typically say plan for between 70-100 dollars per person per day. But of course, check out the dining budget post for alternative things like packing meals or sticking with only Disney quick-service meals. Be sure to check out the Best Disney Restaurants on a Budget and all of our Disney Restaurant Reviews for ideas on what to book and where to eat, and how much it will all cost.
Will the Disney Dining Plan be Available in 2024?
Yes! The Disney Dining Plan is available in 2024.
Time to eat! Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World.
The Disney Dining Plans, are a great way to take care of your Dining budget ahead of time. Plus, this past year we saw the Disney Dining Card Promo which allowed for a credit to be added to your Disney Vacation Package, so be on the lookout for that this coming year.
Disney Vacation Cost in 2024
Just like everything Disney Vacations are getting more expensive. With a price hike at least once a year, it’s best to local in lower prices now and adjust your vacation later. That said, here are a few things to help you get the most value for your Disney World Vacation in 2024.
What is your Maximum Disney Budget?
A big thing to consider is your overall Disney Budget. Whether you are going into your planning with a maximum number you can’t go over OR just a general idea of costs you can stomach here are a couple of things to know.
- The longer you stay at Disney, the cheaper per-day ticket prices become.
- There are three levels of Disney Resorts when it comes to pricing.
- There are deals all year long that may work for you on Disney’s Special Offers page.
- Certain times of year are much cheaper. Check out the Most Expensive and Least Expensive Times to Visit Walt Disney World.
- Consider a Disney Food Budget as part of your expenses, as this cost can be close to 100 dollars a day per person, depending on the type of dining you choose.
- Discounts and special offers can be applied to an existing reservation.
- You will not Save Money on your Disney Vacation by waiting to book. Booking as early as you can lock in lower prices and gives you time to take advantage of deals that pop up along the way.
- Work with a Disney Travel Agent for Free if you need to make the most of your budget.
Disney Vacation Booking in 2024
If you’re looking at this list and wondering where to start, grab our printable Disney Deluxe Planner for a fill-in template that will get all your thoughts and ideas in one place. You can also bring all these questions to a Disney travel agent to get help with your vacation planning.
How do You Book a Disney Vacation?
Once you have gone through the entire planning process you are ready to book. You can do this quite easily by visiting the Walt Disney World website, putting in your dates, selecting your resort, and choosing your tickets.
- Disney World Packages (Resort Room + Tickets): A $200 dollar deposit is required to hold your vacation. The remaining balance is due 30 days before check-in. You can add the Dining Plan (when available). You are able to add Memory Maker. Your Disney Vacation can be canceled and refunded up to 30 days before your trip. Magical extras are included.
- Disney World Room Only: The deposit is your first night’s resort rate at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due at check-in. No dining plan is offered at checkout. Tickets purchased separately cannot be refunded, though the date of the tickets can be changed. No magical extras.
Can I book A Disney Vacation Now?
YES! Check out our Disney Timeline for all the details. In general, a Disney Resort room can be booked about 16 months in advance and Disney Packages for each year are usually released the previous summer.
Disney World Cancellation and Change Policies
Be aware of Walt Disney World’s cancellation policies. If you cancel less than 30 days before your trip there is a fee of $200. If you cancel less than 6 days before your trip the fee is the first full night’s room rate. You can change the date of your vacation up to 30 days before your vacation. Check out the Disney World website for all of Disney’s Cancellation policies.
Disney Vacations Changes in 2024
Disney Park Pass Reservations No Longer Required!
No! Disney Park Pass Reservations are no longer required for date-based tickets.
Starting with park visits on Jan. 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. You heard that right! When getting your ticket, you will simply select a start date for Jan. 9, 2024 or later, complete your purchase and then you will be all set! For reference, date-based tickets are the standard ticket option we offer to guests. For other admission types, including non-dated tickets, theme park reservations may be required to help us continue managing attendance and delivering a great experience for everyone. You can check which admission types require park reservations by visiting DisneyWorld.com/ThemeParkReservations before you purchase.
Good to Go Days for Annual Passholders and Cast Members
In 2024, we plan to offer select days on which our Annual Passholders* and Disney cast members may visit Walt Disney World theme parks without needing a park reservation. Once introduced, we will roll out these good-to-go days on an ongoing basis. This will be in addition to the recent update which offers Passholders the opportunity to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Good-to-go days may vary by park, and pass block out dates and capacity limitations continue to apply like they do today. Please stay tuned for more details on good-to-go days.
Figure out Your Transportation to and from Orlando International Airport
You are on your own in regard to transportation to and from the airport to Walt Disney World. Of course, if you are driving to Walt Disney World then you can skip this step. If not be prepared to factor in transportation costs as needed. Whether that be a rental car or Uber, or Mears Connect, if you’re not driving to Disney, add this to your planning.
Should you Rent a Car for your Disney Vacation in 2024?
We’ve talked about the pros and cons of Driving to Walt Disney World before, and still stand by those realities. Flexibility is key, and since all guests will have to figure out transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World, do what is best for you. It’s easy to use Disney Transportation during your stay. This is one of our favorite ways to stay in the Disney bubble on vacation. If you are driving be sure to take note of Disney Parking Fees.
Early Theme Park Entry for Disney Resort Guests
Available to Disney Resort Guests, Early Theme Park Entry is a perk that allows guests to enter the parks 30 minutes before the official park opening time. Early Theme Park Entry Crowds will still be high. So, we recommend getting to the gates at least 30-60 minutes before your early theme park entry time if you’re hoping to rope-drop popular rides like Rise of the Resistance or Flight of Passage.
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
For Disney Deluxe Resort Guests, extended theme park hours are available for a couple of hours after regular park closing. At Magic Kingdom Park this means guests can typically stay from 11 pm to 1 am. At EPCOT guests can stay from 9 pm to 11 pm. Neither Animal Kingdom nor Hollywood Studios are currently included in this benefit. Be sure to check the Extended Evening Theme Park Hours Schedule.
This upgraded New Disney MagicBand+ is available with interactive components, including lights and vibrations to help you connect even more with the magic in the parks. Still, including all the MagicBand functionality you need, this new version will be available for purchase on shopDisney.com, in the parks, and at a discounted rate when purchasing a Disney Vacation package.
Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane
Disney’s newest planning tool, Disney Genie, can be found within the My Disney Experience App and allows guests to have everything about their vacation at their fingertips. Complete with AI features that prompt you towards potential rides, shows, and other opportunities based on your favorite experiences. The Disney Genie Service is free. But the Disney Genie+ version has a variable cost per person, per day. Typically between 15-25 dollars per person per day. Though depending on demand and time of year, this can go as high as $35. The Disney Genie+ version includes additional features and built-in Lightning Lane options that allow guests to choose 2 lightning lane passes per day. Note that each member of your family will need to have a My Disney Experience Account and Disney Genie+ activated on each account to take advantage of the services included. Select rides are available for individual Lightning Lane purchases. Read more about Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane.
Park Hopper Tickets are Available
A Park Hopper Ticket can get you access to more than one park a day, and starting January 9, 2024, full-day Park Hopping returns. With some parks closing earlier in the summer and even earlier in the fall this drastically limits your time in a second park for the day. Generally, we recommend skipping the Park Hopper Ticket and just focusing on maximizing your time in one park per day. Unless you’re taking a very short Disney trip and just need to fit it all in.
Dining Reservation Timeline
The Disney Dining Reservation window for guests is 60 days before the first day of their vacation. We recommend reserving the most popular restaurants as soon as the window opens. As dining reservations are increasingly difficult to obtain during the busiest times of the year. Check out all of our Disney Restaurant Reviews to see which ones you want to add to your vacation.
Disney Vacation Tips in 2024
A Disney World Vacation in 2024 should be a great year to visit. However, be aware that certain things always make vacations to Disney easier. Here are some of our best Disney Tips for an easy vacation.
Book Your Vacation Early
We share this with the knowledge that travel is at an all-time high, and if you are competing with just about everyone for rooms, rides, food, and space. So, if you’re hoping for a Disney Vacation in 2024 and beyond book as early as you can! You can always adjust days, or add special offers along the way without any fees up to 30 days before your vacation, just by calling Disney.
If Flying, Book Your Flight Early
Airline fuel is expensive. As such, airline travel is getting more and more expensive! That said, just like hotel and car rental, if you are flying to Disney, be sure to book it as far out as you can. Try to select arrival dates of Tuesday or Wednesday- which are generally the cheapest flying days. At the latest, try to book your airline travel at least 45 days before your vacation mark for the best price. If you’re looking to avoid bag costs, try Southwest. If you’re looking for non-stop flights, we recommend Spirit. And if you’re anywhere near a Jet Blue hub, that’s the airline to choose.
Try a Travel Agent
Don’t be afraid to use a Disney Travel Agent if it all starts to feel overwhelming. Trust us, we get it. You’re trying to run your life but really need a vacation, the last thing you have time to do is plan a vacation. Especially with the changes at Walt Disney World including new transportation options, park hopper rules, and crowd levels. There are more things now than before to consider when planning a vacation. With many things changing regularly, it is good to have a travel agent on hand to help.
Visit During Low Crowd Times
A Disney Vacation in 2024 should see average crowds. But beware of summer when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens. You can expect high crowd levels through the summer and into fall as a result of this new attraction. Check out our Best Days to Visit the Disney Parks for a monthly breakdown of what is happening throughout the year.
Stay on Disney Property in 2024
While we don’t usually make a blanket statement regarding the Disney On vs. Off-Property discussion in 2024 it’s important to be on property at Walt Disney World. Why? Because there are A LOT of CHANGES at Walt Disney World that give priority to Disney Resort Guests. Read up on all the Perks of Staying on Property at Walt Disney World. Here are just a few.
- Early Theme Park Entry is currently available and will be helpful during busy times.
- Early booking at 7 am for Lightning Lane passes is also available to Disney Resort Guests.
- Early booking for Special Events, like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Additional Virtual Queue Boarding Pass access for Disney Deluxe Resort Guests
- Free Disney Theme Park Parking
Disney Anniversaries in 2024
Just like every other year, Disney Parks honor a variety of Disney anniversaries by sharing new Disney Dooney and Bourke Bags, New Snacks, New Merchandise, and more. Here are all the Disney Anniversaries happening that may be part of your Disney World Vacation in 2024.
- May 1: Disney’s Hollywood Studios 35th Anniversary
- June 1: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon 35th Anniversary
- June 9: Donald Duck’s 90th Birthday
- Sleeping Beauty ( 65th Anniversary)
- Tarzan ( 25th Anniversary)
- The Lion King ( 30th Anniversary)
- Mary Poppins ( 60th Anniversary)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ( 70th Anniversary)
What’s New at Walt Disney World in 2024?
In addition to new rides, restaurants, and upgraded resorts, you can also find New Disney World Snacks, new merchandise, and shows. And many of the construction projects from 2023 will finally be past the new and crowded phase. So we’re hoping that taking a Disney World Vacation in 2024 gives us a little more calm, with just a few new things on the horizon. Here’s all the New Things at Disney World in 2024.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure | Magic Kingdom TBD 2024
In a much-needed refresh, Splash Mountain is set to transform into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. This Princess and the Frog re-imagining of Splash Mountain turns this boat ride into a bayou-focused ride featuring Princess Tiana, Mama Odie, and friends, opening at both Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland. Recreating a New Orleans Mardi Gras experience this ride includes jazz music, bayou culture, familiar faces from Princess and the Frog, and more. This new ride features Tiana, Naveen, and Louis the alligator preparing to host a Mardi Gras Celebration. This ride picks up where the movie left off. Open TBD 2024
New Disney Fort Wilderness Cabins DVC Renovation
As part of the overhaul of certain resorts at Walt Disney World, the latest to be added to the list are the Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins. These cabins are a mainstay in the Fort Wilderness Resorts and Campgrounds offering guests a little more luxury. Well, now, it’s going to get even more luxurious! All 350 cabins are being replaced by new energy-efficient cabins, falling under the DVC umbrella. They will be built on the existing cabin footprint to limit environmental impact. Each cabin will sleep up to six adults and include a bedroom, bathroom, living room, full kitchen, and private patio, with a select number of cabins expected to be designated as dog-friendly. Opening TBD 2024
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort DVC Tower Project
Set to open in late 2024 this new Disney Vacation Club Villas wing at Disney’s Polynesian Resort features a fresh look honoring elements from the Pacific Islands. Complete with views of the water. Situated in the area of the permanently closed Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, this addition to the resort is a major project. Therefore, we do expect some modifications of the Pathway from Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian as a result of this project. Open TBD 2024
EPCOT Festivals 2024
2024 brings a whole new series of International Festivals at EPCOT. So if you’re planning an EPCOT Festival Vacation you’re in luck, because they run throughout the year, featuring different themes, foods, performances and more.
Festival of the Arts | Mid-January- Mid-February, January 12 – February 19, 2024
- Festival of the Arts | Mid-January- Mid-February
- This art festival features artists displaying Disney-inspired artwork across the park. Festival of the Arts also includes beautiful foods, a community mural that you can help paint, chalk artwork on the sidewalks, and photo ops with great masterpieces across the park.
- Festival of the Arts Menus
- Disney on Broadway: Festival of the Arts includes the Disney on Broadway Series, which showcases performers from Disney Broadway shows.
- Colorful Cuisine: At this art festival you can tackle the Wonderful World of Colorful Cuisine featuring dishes at select outdoor kitchens, aligned to a color on the paint palette.
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters: Featuring works of art, this game has you on the hunt for Figment hiding in each important painting around the park. The Figment’s Brush with the Master’s Game includes stickers and a prize once you complete the game.
Flower and Garden Festival | March- July March 1- July 3, 2024 TENTATIVE
- Flower and Garden Festival | March- July
- This garden-focused festival gives you the chance to see your favorite Disney characters sculpted in topiaries. Everything from Bambi to the Beast is included. You can also visit the learning gardens, the Butterfly House, and try tons of foods featuring fresh flavors.
- Flower and Garden Festival Menus
- Garden Rocks Series: The Flower and Garden Festival hosts the Garden Rocks Series, featuring performers of old-school bands.
- Garden Graze: This spring festival at Walt Disney World’s EPCOT Park features fresh foods in the Garden Graze foodie challenge. With farm-to-table options, veggies galore, and fruit-filled treats, this challenge serves up a specialty dole whip as a prize.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration: Honoring the honeybee, the Spike the Bee’s Pollen-Nation Exploration Game highlights pollinator flowers in each country, and area in Epcot. Find each one, add a sticker to the board and collect your prize.
Food and Wine Festival | July- November July 25 – November 16, 2024 TENTATIVE
- Food and Wine Festival | July- November
- This festival is all about food and wine. Specialty foods and beverages show up at each booth across the park and are meant to be savored. With more food booths than any other festival, this one gives you plenty to choose from.
- Food and Wine Festival Menus
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series: At Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival, there is the Eat to the Beat Concert Series which goes a bit higher level with bands like Boyz to Men and Plain White T’s.
- Fromage Montage: You can collect stamps for Emile’s Fromage Montage featuring cheese dishes across multiple kitchens.
- Remy’s Hide and Squeak Game: The game at the Food and Wine Festival is Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak Game, featuring our favorite rat, Remy! This game gets you familiar with an important culinary ingredient in each country, and includes stickers and usually a food-related prize at the end of the game.
Festival of Holidays | December November 29- December 25, 2024 TENTATIVE
- Festival of Holidays | December
- Honoring the holidays around the world, the Festival of Holidays showcases traditions in each culture. Food Kitchens offer holiday foods from each region and festive drinks. Some World Showcase countries even feature a Holiday Storyteller to tell each country’s story.
- Festival of Holidays Menus
- Candlelight Processional: At the Festival of Holidays, you can find the Candlelight Processional which is a Christmas Choral Music concert, highlighting the retelling of the Nativity Story by a celebrity speaker.
- Cookie Stroll: Finally, if you’re up for Christmas Cookies you can collect them on the Festival of Holidays Cookie Stroll. This challenge includes festive traditional cookies from certain outdoor kitchens. And can sometimes be collected in an exclusive cookie jar when they are offered.
- Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition: For an extra festive game at EPCOT during the holidays, you can play Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition. This game gives you a glimpse of each culture’s holiday traditions. The gameboard includes stickers and the prize is typically Frozen-themed.
Disney Vacation Planning in 2024
Sure, planning for a Disney Vacation in 2024 may feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Grab a cute journal or planner and just get started. Once you’re confident you’ve answered some of the big questions here, you’ll be ready to start booking your Disney vacation in no time!
Rochelle Mariah is a writer, designer and photographer with an MLIS in Information Science and a B.S. in Arch and Design. Determined to make Planning a DIY Disney Vacation easier she makes lots of lists and drinks lots of coffee. When not designing apparel at Polka Dot Pixie Shop, she's watching old movies and planning the holidays. She has been traveling to Disney destinations since 2010.